As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Burnage wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    Ork "narrative" is one of my favorite things about the faction.

Just a bunch of good natured lads lookin' for a good brawl

Orks are secretly the heroic protagonists of the 40k universe

Literally the only race that doesn't actually actively oppress anyone (outside necrons I suppose, but they're just techno zombies that barely have a social structure). Sure they are brutal murderers that will gladly fight each other if no other enemy should present themselves, but they are only doing it because they were quite literally programmed to do so by a hyper advanced precursor race that eventually lost track and control of them.

As well killing each other and dying gloriously and as explosively as possible in battle is how they reproduce.

All orks wanna do is have a little fun, and propagate the species. All these pink skins keep sparkin the party with all their "xenos scum", and "blood for the blood god" type business.

Sleep on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

Literally the only race that doesn't actually actively oppress anyone (outside necrons I suppose, but they're just techno zombies that barely have a social structure). Sure they are brutal murderers that will gladly fight each other if no other enemy should present themselves, but they are only doing it because they were quite literally programmed to do so by a hyper advanced precursor race that eventually lost track and control of them.

As well killing each other and dying gloriously and as explosively as possible in battle is how they reproduce.

All orks wanna do is have a little fun, and propagate the species. All these pink skins keep sparkin the party with all their "xenos scum", and "blood for the blood god" type business.

Uhhhhh there’s a lot of mentions of Orks using slave labour to build the various crazy works.

Or just straight up eating people.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

Uhhhhh there’s a lot of mentions of Orks using slave labour to build the various crazy works.

And brought about the creation of Deathwatch
    It is also the last we hear of Vulkan and some of the other primarichs

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am pretty sure there is a Waaaaagh! in the Eye of Terror or what was the Eye on a Khorne daemon planet that Khorne resurrects every day to fight again and are basically in an endless cycle of fighting. Its like Ork heaven.

Waaaaaghalla?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular

"Crusade" is just humie for WAAAAAAGH!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

They're just havin a laugh innit bruv

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Same way I left scouts on small bases, but the other marines got the upgrade.
    Scouts are still officially 25mms as far as I know

• Options
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Same way I left scouts on small bases, but the other marines got the upgrade.
    Scouts are still officially 25mms as far as I know

They are and there was a guide I found when I was trying to find out about what bases some models had
    It's Dakka Dakka though

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Their boxes still come with 25mm bases. Just bought some a month or two ago.

• Options
    Getting back into painting after what feels like forever.
    Working on my Ork Pirate Kill Team, pretty happy with how they're looking so far!
    D8cLL4NVsAAl3JO.jpg

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I think Forgeworld is overdoing it with the size of their knights. New Acastus:
    99560108209_AcastusKnightAsterius04.jpg

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Jesus, that's ridiculously huge.

But I'm also still of the opinion that Knights and other Titans shouldn't be in 40K to begin with, so...

• Options
    the best part of that picture is that the "little" robot is clearly powersliding into the frame for a photobomb.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Is that like...a 2-3 ft tall titan?

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    That's just not a good looking model. It looks like a skinnier robot wearing some sort of inflatable sumo wrestler robot suit.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    DocSamsonDocSamson Registered User regular
    I dig it. I hope it gets a Titanicus version.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    DocSamson wrote: »
    I dig it. I hope it gets a Titanicus version.

They already previewed a plastic version of its TL lascannon sibling. So, probably.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    That's just not a good looking model. It looks like a skinnier robot wearing some sort of inflatable sumo wrestler robot suit.

If it were a knight driving another knight Gurren Lagan style I would be in to that.

• Options
    The acastus porphyrion version looks better. It's the arms.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Porphyrion, but the guns stuck directly to the shoulder are a better look.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    Is that like...a 2-3 ft tall titan?

Given that it's standing right next to a standard knight, more like 14" to the top of the missile rack.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I do not understand GW's fascination with heads sticking out of the middle of the torso. It looks dumb, and it will always look dumb.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    I do not understand GW's fascination with heads sticking out of the middle of the torso. It looks dumb, and it will always look dumb.

The warhound titan makes sense most of the others along the same lines don't

Just I don't understand how you buy a titan now as I don't want all the arms maybe I want two of the same and a third to swap out

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, when does a knight become a titan?
    Because that one's got to be edging in on Warhound size, right?

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I want a Warhound. Every month I have to make a deliberate, determined effort not to spend $200 on a 3D printer to crank one out.

I know that compared to a bunch of Knights they're not that great for their points cost (especially after CA spiked them even higher), but I still think they're rad. Forget spending $700 on one though.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    A Knight becomes a Titan when it has a crew of more than one. Also, void shields and a proper plasma reactor are important. A Warhound might be only slightly taller than an Acastus but it is also deeper and wider, carries bigger guns, is faster, and also even harder to kill.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I’ve got very little interest in playing with mechs on the table, but a disproportionate amount of interest in playing a Warhammer 40k version of Mechwarrior.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Most the games I have played were basically stepped up Kill Team { two or three squads and a leader with heavy support} So I have little interest in a titan or mech outside of painting and I have a huge back log to paint

• Options
    MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
  • Options
    I’ve got very little interest in playing with mechs on the table, but a disproportionate amount of interest in playing a Warhammer 40k version of Mechwarrior.
    Isn't that just titanicus?

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »

The best game you're not playing! :biggrin:

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular

The best game you're not playing! :biggrin:

I just bought a battlegroup. Still not playing though because I live in the middle of nowhere.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options

Not quite: looking for first-person stompy action in a narrative campaign. The tabletop and video game are both tactical games of lance v lance combat like Battletech.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Are you looking for slower paced Mechwarrior type gameplay but in a 40K skin, or faster paced MechAssault gameplay but in a 40K skin?

Honestly I'd be down for either one.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

That's WH40K Battletech. WH40K Mechwarrior would be Warhammer 40,000 Freeblade but as an in-cockpit vehicle simulation game.

Edit: heh, should've read to the bottom of the page before replying.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Generally I liked Mechwarrior Online, but I've been over it for a number of years. I'm ready to return to a single-player campaign. If that game had a Warhammer skin then all the better. I watched a video of the Titanicus game and it just didn't seem very polished. Definitely not enough to make me want to pay for it. But if we're totally being honest hear I'd gladly trade any sort of mech game for a Space Marine sequel. I had a ton of fun playing both the single player and multiplayer in that game.

Edit: I might check out Freeblade. That looks like a perfect road trip sort of game.

It's interesting because I've heard that GW's take on video games right now is quantity rather than quality seeing them as basically advertisement for the tabletop hobby. But most of the games coming out seem to be pretty good.

italianranma on
    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Freeblade was fun for a day or two but its free so you’re not really losing anything trying it

• Options
    edited June 2019
    GWs video games are weird. You get a ton of trash but then you get absolute gems like total war: Warhammer and 40k: Mechanicus.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Got introduced to the joys of playing against Ad Mech on a board with very little terrain this weekend. A full two thirds of my list evaporating before my first turn sure was something to experience.

It was also the first time I've played a Dark Eldar list since the FAQ, and I feel like I need to update my feelings on a lot of their units now - losing access to Doom and Jinx really hurts, as they've lost the only army-wide synergy they had access to.

I also tried experimenting with some of their stuff for the first time in a while to see how I felt about it;
    • Close combat Archons still kind of suck and the Shadowfield remains hilariously unreliable. Cool, yeah, it's a 2++, but the first time you fail it the Archon is screwed.
    • Scourges feel pretty weak compared to other heavy weapon units post-FAQ, as they're fundamentally a T3 unit with zero access to any form of re-rolls or buffs.
    • A Red Grief Succubus actually seems really strong when kitted out with the warlord trait and relic, especially for 50 points, but her low speed relative to the rest of the army is a major issue. She either needs to take a personal transport or spend a turn or two just crossing the board. I think she worked well as an obnoxious target - even travelling up the board she's an obvious threat and the 3++/6+++ means she can take more of a beating than she really should be able to.
    • A good sized group of Reavers were solid as a distraction unit and I kind of want to start bringing them consistently. 19 points a piece is quite a hefty ask when they're not doing much but wrapping up other units and sometimes taking objectives, however.
    • Yvraine is good, but probably a bit too expensive for what she brings to the table (a Farseer Skyrunner is objectively better in almost every way for the exact same points cost) and very fragile. Almost certainly more useful than taking a second Archon in a Kabal Battalion, though.

• Options
    As I said in the painting thread I got a bunch of wraithguard 3 boxes loose and with the Ghost Army I got earlier in the year.
    7cmoz8eol13f.png
    Because of the talk of doing a wraithguard Ynnari army seems like fun but part of me wants to flip them back and forth from my siam hann

This discussion has been closed.