As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I need a watch!

Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
Hi there!

I'm a millennial and I have never worn a watch, and now soon I will need one for a job where I have to keep myself on time! Since I have to buy it myself, I would like it to also be a thing that I like. Does anyone have recommendations?

Requirements:
- very inexpensive ($50 or below)
- digital readout (can have an analogue one too but digital is a must)
- Not bulky
- not going to fall apart

Desired but not required:
- simple design
- thin black band

I know literally nothing about watches!! Thanks in advance

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    This is a pretty solid list. There are a couple digital ones, although professionally analog is more often used.

https://improb.com/27-best-watches-for-men-under-50/

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Honestly, given your requests (most notably price), you're best off going with a basic Timex digital watch, which should be around $30 or so for a decent one.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Are you sure you need a watch and not a timer? Cooks will often strap something like this to their aprons because they need quick and easy ways to keep time without any of the other functionality associated with a watch. Otherwise you're going to spend all your time looking at a tiny display and clicking a lot of tiny buttons to get to the timer, when all you want to do is easily set something and let it run.

• deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
    I've used this kind of watch for the better part of 20 years. Only problem is the chrome does eventually start to come off on the watch itself.

I've been hanging onto a Casio watch band for most of that time due to the size being right. Most watches have the ability to change the band and this one has that function.

I think mine was cheaper than this listing but just a listing to show it.
    https://target.com/p/men-s-timex-classic-digital-expansion-band-watch-silver-t785879j/-/A-21542742?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&CPNG=PLA_Jewelry%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Jewelry&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9015037&ds_rl=1241788&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1246978&gclid=CJ3s263-3eICFYPAwAodV3oJuQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Are you sure you need a watch and not a timer? Cooks will often strap something like this to their aprons because they need quick and easy ways to keep time without any of the other functionality associated with a watch. Otherwise you're going to spend all your time looking at a tiny display and clicking a lot of tiny buttons to get to the timer, when all you want to do is easily set something and let it run.

Definitely need a watch and not a timer. I'm just going to be needing to make sure I don't go over an hour talking! And I can't have anything beep or go off.

Blameless Cleric on

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Thank you guys! I'm looking at these Timex things :)

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    If you want the Samsung Gear v2 that I'm not using, you can has...

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Hell a Casio F91W-1 is like $10 and it'll outlive the human race...

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    If you want the Samsung Gear v2 that I'm not using, you can has...
    This has the tradition of getting your first watch from your family