As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Paragon [chat]

1929394959698»

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    The FF7 remake combat stuff looked really good and I'm very optimistic about it now.

Also you can see the materia in cloud's sword and that's fucking rad.

The combat looking good made me extra sad they aren't putting it into a game I will play.

I'm glad it looks like it might turn out well for those into it.

But the whole project is something I wish wasn't happening.

Perhaps you should embrace joy and play it instead!

I'm still a little confused about what they're doing with the episodi--OH NO

OH NO WHAT IF THEY'RE DARK TOWER MOVIEFYING IT

AND YOU KILL SEPHIROTH IN MIDGAR AND THE GAME ENDS?!

There's actually no way. People would riot. Mass Effect 3 ending would look like a minor disagreement.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I chipped a tooth. I hate making dentist appointments, because you have to make an appointment for them to look at it and go "Yup, you chipped a tooth" and then make a second appointment to actually fix it.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am virtue signalling with my "I voted" sticker this morning.

I mean it was just a primary for local candidates. But I voted. *preens*

I voted in a small primary last week it felt amazing haha. I walked there just before they closed. did like 20 minutes of research.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    D8vwKgTU0AUT06O.jpg:small

This actually looks better than the game

well it's real life

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Captain America's shoulder pads are bad but everything else is basically fine. People are just feeling dissonance because they don't look like the actors we're familiar with, I think.

The idea that it's a game as a service is by far the worse part. Give me a real fucking game, you cowards.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Captain America's shoulder pads are bad but everything else is basically fine. People are just feeling dissonance because they don't look like the actors we're familiar with, I think.

The idea that it's a game as a service is by far the worse part. Give me a real fucking game, you cowards.

i have yet to play a GaaS game that wasn't absolute shit actively wasting my time

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I chipped a tooth. I hate making dentist appointments, because you have to make an appointment for them to look at it and go "Yup, you chipped a tooth" and then make a second appointment to actually fix it.

what, seriously?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

what, seriously?

everything about healthcare in the US is bullshit

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I mean, yes that is part of it.

But also it looks worse than games that have come out 10 years ago too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    why on earth do they need to even look at it to confirm you chipped a tooth

like, that's a phone call with the receptionist all "oh by the way, are you sure you've chipped it?" "yes there is a piece missing" "okay good", which is also a weird conversation. "how much of it is chipped" and "do you have the piece" are questions they'd ask since that affects what equipment they might need

that's like having to get a diagnose for a missing fingertip

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I just said Ken Kobash when I meant kris kobach so ken kobash is my new pretend republican candidate hero.

he puts the kobash on excessive spending and pc culture

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2019

I don't think this is accurate! Cap looks like no version of Cap I've ever seen in any medium. Thor looks like a crazed hobo. Black Widow looks like a placeholder face devoid of emotion or design. Banner looks like the faintly creepy scientist in a Resident Evil game who grins real wide near the end of the game and tries to murder you while spiders crawl out of his mouth.

I can tell who Stark is meant to be from the head design alone, which makes it a little better than the others, I guess.

Bogart on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    D8vwKgTU0AUT06O.jpg:small

This actually looks better than the game

well it's real life

Iron Man and Thor are real?

• Options

like, that's a phone call with the receptionist all "oh by the way, are you sure you've chipped it?" "yes there is a piece missing" "okay good"

you can't have people putting invisible paste on their teeth and sneaking in and stealing the extra toothstuff you try to put on them to fix it

think of the cost. the waste.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Wee, got a "let us reward you by letting you pay us more money" offer from my ISP.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    I wanna know how they are going to monetize Avengers

like are they just going to go balls out on the costumes?
    how will disney squeeze money from that ip, we'll never know

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

like, that's a phone call with the receptionist all "oh by the way, are you sure you've chipped it?" "yes there is a piece missing" "okay good", which is also a weird conversation. "how much of it is chipped" and "do you have the piece" are questions they'd ask since that affects what equipment they might need

Yup! Been like this at multiple dentists. I've moved around a lot so it's usually my first appointment at that dentist and they always make me come back later for another appointment. It's real dumb!

• Options
    The uniform designs are fine, whatever. It's entirely their faces that make me bounce off that promo.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

i have yet to play a GaaS game that wasn't absolute shit actively wasting my time

I did have tons of fun with Destiny for a while, but the amount of busywork necessary to grind your power level so you can actually play the tough strikes and raids and other stuff is unacceptable

The addiction/compulsion-driven model, where people play games more for the loot and levels and skill points and rewards than for the actual fun of it, is enormously successful, and it's bad for everyone except the people using it to extract wealth, imo

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »

I don't think this is accurate! Cap looks like no version of Cap I've ever seen in any medium. Thor looks like a crazed hobo. Black Widow looks like a placeholder face devoid of emotion or design. Banner looks like the faintly creepy scientist in a Resident Evil game who grins real wide near the end of the game and tries to murder you while spiders crawl out of his mouth.

and this game gives me none of that!

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    do i want to spend cash money on something thom yorke says is only tangentially interesting

on the other hand 18 hours of Radiohead blimey

• Options

I did have tons of fun with Destiny for a while, but the amount of busywork necessary to grind your power level so you can actually play the tough strikes and raids and other stuff is unacceptable

The addiction/compulsion-driven model, where people play games more for the loot and levels and skill points and rewards than for the actual fun of it, is enormously successful, and it's bad for everyone except the people using it to extract wealth, imo

people loved forsaken for some reason, but the campaign and the shattered throne were the only good parts of the expansion

actually playing after you get done with the campaign was a complete waste of time grinding out RNG bullshit

the raid was good but the rewards structure was all RNG nonsense

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

Yup! Been like this at multiple dentists. I've moved around a lot so it's usually my first appointment at that dentist and they always make me come back later for another appointment. It's real dumb!

Haven’t you been there long enough to have gone in for your regular cleaning?

Well, yes.

But also no.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    the faces aren't good and for some reason they were willing to change the captain america outfit from the movies but kept the thor outfit mostly the same despite it looking really bad but i can't imagine caring about anything

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Yup. Its a consultation appointment. They might be able to just fix it there by smoothing it. That takes like 10 minutes.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I feel like if they just would’ve sprung for the likenesses they’d make so much more money off of that game.

Maybe that just wasn’t in the budget, but even if that was the case trickling out the Avengers one-by-one might’ve worked.

Winky on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Boo-urns.

I always book two dentist appointments: A checkup and a spare for the week after if anything needs done. Then I can give it to a family member.

• Options
    destiny and anthem both

the Game part was good

the as a Service part fucking sucked

• Options
    Having done absolutely no research beyond looking at and disliking that one picture, I am unclear on what kind of game it is. Possibly I'm expecting too much from a game that isn't aiming very high. But those designs are a mix of unimaginative and uninspiring that end up squarely on bleh.

• Options
    The uniform designs are fine, whatever. It's entirely their faces that make me bounce off that promo.

This is kinda weird, tbh. They look generic, but like... how would they not? We don't know who these people are yet. I guess this is a design criticism, but aren't faces in these "realistic" games all just based on real faces?

What I'm saying is you're being mean to the nice white placeholder guys who had their faces scanned for this game.

• Options
    destiny and anthem both

the Game part was good

the as a Service part fucking sucked

Destiny is working out for me. I only just bought forsaken and there's so much to do now!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Having done absolutely no research beyond looking at and disliking that one picture, I am unclear on what kind of game it is. Possibly I'm expecting too much from a game that isn't aiming very high. But those designs are a mix of unimaginative and uninspiring that end up squarely on bleh.

Destiny meets a Telltale games set in the MCU.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

This is kinda weird, tbh. They look generic, but like... how would they not? We don't know who these people are yet. I guess this is a design criticism, but aren't faces in these "realistic" games all just based on real faces?

What I'm saying is you're being mean to the nice white placeholder guys who had their faces scanned for this game.

they kind of all look the same in a way i can't put my finger on but is obvious to me

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

captain america should like steve buscemi

but not actually steve buscemi, obviously

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Given we weren’t gonna get a Tifa who was built like an MMA fighter, I feel like we got the second best thing.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 1.2

@Chanus will create the new thread
    @Chanus is backup

• Options

I mean they're supposed to be the Avengers, right? We know exactly who they are. They're Steve Rogers and Tony Stark etc. I certainly appreciate there have been any number of different interpretations of those faces and characters over the years, but the ones in that screenshot are a mix of bad and bland.

I guess I am being mean to the nice white placeholder guys who had their faces scanned, but I'm certain real life Thor guy looked less like a hobo that the guy in the screenshot.

This discussion has been closed.