As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] as a Service

ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster ApocalypseThe Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
if you each send me $4.99 i'll add more content

in the mean time keep pressing this button. there might be loot

Allegedly a voice of reason.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    destiny and anthem both

the Game part was good

the as a Service part fucking sucked

Destiny is working out for me. I only just bought forsaken and there's so much to do now!

i found there was a ton "to do" but i kept scratching things off my list, not because i completed them, but because it felt like a complete waste of time trying to complete them

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Trust me chat will be great in 2-3 years when they add the end-chat content

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Bogart it was a joke about the forums being strongly for or against something for aesthetic or incredibly unimportant reasons. It happens every single day.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Bogart it was a joke about the forums being strongly for or against something for aesthetic or incredibly unimportant reasons. It happens every single day.

no it doesn't you son of a bitch

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

So what are all the people that rush to the last page supposed to do in the meantime?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

So what are all the people that rush to the last page supposed to do in the meantime?

argue for more gatekeeping

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Destiny has great gameplay. Its a fun. But in the end it is a routine grind of the same stuff over and over and over again.

Same with the Division/Division 2.

And other similar game.

And in a weird way it feels like more of a grind than more traditional MMOs.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    As a reward for eight years of [chat] service I will let you have the option of giving me more money than you're currently giving me but less than if you bought these ultra cool bonus features on your own.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    destiny and anthem both

the Game part was good

Destiny is working out for me. I only just bought forsaken and there's so much to do now!

i found there was a ton "to do" but i kept scratching things off my list, not because i completed them, but because it felt like a complete waste of time trying to complete them

That seems fair. I just like seeing all the crazy lore shit and whatnot so I'm down for doing quests for pointless guns just to see the dialogue and get fun tidbits of lore.

The new expansion looks interesting from a lore standpoint but seriously is Savathun just taking her sweet as time showing up or what?

Also is the dreaming city still doing that time loop thing I heard about?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus making threads again. Perfectly balanced.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    it is funny to me that like the only games to show off actual gameplay were FF7 and Death Stranding

• Options

Pre-order the next chat so you can get a headstart complaining about it's lack of content

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Destiny has great gameplay. Its a fun. But in the end it is a routine grind of the same stuff over and over and over again.

Same with the Division/Division 2.

And other similar game.

And in a weird way it feels like more of a grind than more traditional MMOs.

sad as it is, the grind in everquest never felt as dull as the grind in destiny 2 year 2 did

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    As a reward for eight years of [chat] service I will let you have the option of giving me more money than you're currently giving me but less than if you bought these ultra cool bonus features on your own.

SE++ has service in my area. I'm just going to cancel my chat and switch to them unless you let me keep the same price.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    destiny and anthem both

the Game part was good

That seems fair. I just like seeing all the crazy lore shit and whatnot so I'm down for doing quests for pointless guns just to see the dialogue and get fun tidbits of lore.

The new expansion looks interesting from a lore standpoint but seriously is Savathun just taking her sweet as time showing up or what?

Now is probably a great time to get into Destiny 2.

I think Chanus's and my and a lot others apathy is because we played it to death at launch and through an expansion or two.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Pre-order the next chat so you can get a headstart complaining about it's lack of content
    i keep opening the refresh box and getting magic the gathering

fuck this rng

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Chanus making threads again. Perfectly balanced.

Threadmaker Chanus, the Agreeomancer.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    They should have recast the Avengers as known actors if they couldn't get the likenesses. Cast one of the lesser Hemsworths for Thor, pls, I'd laugh a lot

• Options
    destiny and anthem both

the Game part was good

i'm not sure, but the way that worked was each week is a new set of things, there's a three-week cycle and a six-week cycle that run at the same time (so two three-week cycles before everything is reset)

and if you miss something in the six week cycle you have to wait six weeks to be able to do it again

• Options
    MMO and FPS hybrids are awful game designs because bullet spongy enemies are an awful way to add complexity and difficulty.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    They should have recast the Avengers as known actors if they couldn't get the likenesses. Cast one of the lesser Hemsworths for Thor, pls, I'd laugh a lot
    eric bana hulk

• Options
    Maybe video games are just bad

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    destiny and anthem both

the Game part was good

Now is probably a great time to get into Destiny 2.

I think Chanus's and my and a lot others apathy is because we played it to death at launch and through an expansion or two.

honestly as much as i love the gameplay as far as shooting mans, i am completely disgusted with what they turned that game into in the end of year one and into forsaken and black armory

that well is far too poisoned for me at this point

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

SE++ has service in my area. I'm just going to cancel my chat and switch to them unless you let me keep the same price.

Oh you can keep the same price. You just won't get any of these obviously necessary and cool bonus packages like restored Hail Hydra reactions

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    MMO and FPS hybrids are awful game designs because bullet spongy enemies are an awful way to add complexity and difficulty.

This reminds me I need to try Superhot. The premise is great for a gunfight in a VR game - it would probably work well for this combo to on conventional platforms.

• Options

We will find out in two hours when the Nintendo press conference starts.

New smash bros character? Animal Crossing? Doug Bowser releases Mother 3 available now? Reggie shows back up and burns down the auditorium?

• Options
    all video games are bad except fromsoft games obv

• Options

This reminds me I need to try Superhot. The premise is great for a gunfight in a VR game - it would probably work well for this combo to on conventional platforms.

Superhot is one of my favorite games. I've played the fuck out of it in regular and in VR and it is so good.

• Options
    Free Space on Nintendo: Sans not confirmed for Smash

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

I've seen it done well and badly

Destiny 2, to me, actually feels like a great shooter. Mooks have a reasonable TTK, bosses are bosses.

I never got into the Division even though that aesthetic is my jam because the bullet sponging was rough

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    real pissed that i'm gonna miss the smash announcement for work but on the other hand it's definitely some lame dragonquest shit probably

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Free Space on Nintendo: Sans not confirmed for Smash

But not NOT confirmed.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    q31fyat0kgt2.jpg

Tell me this guy hasn't time-travelled here from a low-spec PC installation of Skyrim in 2011 to ask you to keel seex snowmoose.

• Options
    I played the fuck out of Destiny 2 at launch and played a bunch of Osiris and Warmind and then stopped playing until a few days ago when I picked up the annual pass+forsaken for 40 bucks. I had definitely felt the grind hard with escalation protocols in warmind but now it feels like I have so many different fun things to do and work on that aren't just failing escalation protocols I'm really digging it again. Also Gambit is pretty fun.

And I had forgotten how crazy fun the lore is in that game, o chat thread mine.

• Options
    Fromsoft games are good because they teach us the most important lesson of all: You're bad at things and should feel bad

• Options
    I've been playing Outer Wilds after the chat hype. The 15 dollar price made it hard to say no too.

I think I know what is going on with the time limit now, but not with the time loop exactly.

People keep referring to puzzles, but I don't think I've seen much that qualifies as a puzzle. It's more a metroidvania. Except the only thing you get is knowledge.

It's Frog Fractions or Candy Box but in space.

• Options

I've seen it done well and badly

Destiny 2, to me, actually feels like a great shooter. Mooks have a reasonable TTK, bosses are bosses.

I never got into the Division even though that aesthetic is my jam because the bullet sponging was rough

I only touched Destiny 1 for like 8 seconds but Division's bullet sponge stuff makes me bored. I feel the same way about skyrim on normal difficulty. Shit just takes an awful long time to kill people. Even on easy some of the later bosses still have a large pool of health.

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I've been playing Outer Wilds after the chat hype. The 15 dollar price made it hard to say no too.

I think I know what is going on with the time limit now, but not with the time loop exactly.

People keep referring to puzzles, but I don't think I've seen much that qualifies as a puzzle. It's more a metroidvania. Except the only thing you get is knowledge.

It's Frog Fractions or Candy Box but in space.

A metroidvania where the only new tools you get are learning

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Game as a service and no actual gameplay is a concern

I'm also worried that they jumped in with multiple heroes rather than going for single-hero games with greater individual character depth. Designing a good action game with one character is very hard, let alone five plus multiple DLC characters.

But if I can kick a guy through a wall, I'm in.

• Options

Why isn't there an fps mmo in the vein of House of the Dead, shoot em in the weak spot style combined with Gears Horde combat? It's always bullet sponge.

This discussion has been closed.