As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Legend of Zelda] Breath of the Wild sequel in development!

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    the game isn't perfect but it also is perfect

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I've added a bunch of weapon slots at least, melee/bow/shield.

Disappointed I couldn't upgrade cross dressing Link outfit.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    The game is what it set out to be. There are no missteps, it simply went places that are undesirable to me personally in a couple of instances. It’s like a painting—it’s finished, complete in its vision, which is more than a lot of games can say.

I’d have been down for weapon durability a bit more if I felt like weapons really mattered. Maybe next time have more enemy types and give them a weapon type weakness.

Going to the Iron Knuckle keep? You’ll want clubs, mauls or hammers to shatter their armour, but keep a spear on you once they go into light-weight mode to keep your distance.

Even so, double the number of hits on all of them! And let me side-quest my way to one invincible version of every weapon type. You could even tie the invincibility to items you stick on the weapon, so you can keep your favs for their aesthetics.

But not to solely beat that dead horse, I like Link’s Awakening! I hope the remake has a new dungeon!

Endless_Serpents on
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    the game isn't perfect but it also is perfect

100% agree, I just don't want to be that guy that explains away the games flaws as if they aren't flaws at all and can't see things objectively.

My experience playing the game was pretty much constant amazement, interspersed by brief moments of being upset at some weird little flaw or annoyance, and then time and time again the game would almost immediately do something so cool and amazing that it made me feel like a jerk for daring to criticize such a small, trifling thing. Like, why should I care about something so quibbling and irrelevant when the game is busy being FANTASTIC?

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Man I remember the first boss fight.... just.... with the music....

one of the most memorable video game moments for me.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    At the rate I'm playing Breath of the Wild I'll probably be done in about 5 years or so. I don't have much free time but I have a little time at work during breaks. It's actually not a bad game to play in short bursts!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    At the rate I'm playing Breath of the Wild I'll probably be done in about 5 years or so. I don't have much free time but I have a little time at work during breaks. It's actually not a bad game to play in short bursts!

It took me over a year to beat Ganon. I would probably still be playing if my WiiU hadn't broken.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Woke up late this morning and missed something pretty neat. I saw Breath of the Wild trending (US national trend list not the personalized list); apparently someone asked this morning what everyone's top 3 Zelda games were, and a lot of the games made the trend list for a while. That's pretty cool. :3

BREATH OF THE WILD SEQUEL!!!!

in development

LOOKS COOL THO!!!!!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    In development? But I want it now!

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    BREATH OF THE WILD SEQUEL!!!!

in development

LOOKS COOL THO!!!!!

That trailer was sweeeeet.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Man, I really need to finish BOTW.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    D8y4EHkXYAAv60w.jpg
    D8y4E0yXoAATY0T.jpg

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Man, I really need to finish BOTW.

Do it! Then play it again on master mode

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    I'm wondering if there's going to be co-op in this one.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

It looks like you get separated and Zelda gets to spend time with the corpse thats probably her mom

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    skeldare wrote: »
    Possibly.

Or Zelda finally takes over for once in the series named after her.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I hope for a quick release on the sequel since they're reusing everything (which isn't a complaint, I frigging LOVED BoTW).

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    The only thing I want from BOTW2 is real dungeons.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I hope for a quick release on the sequel since they're reusing everything (which isn't a complaint, I frigging LOVED BoTW).

It seems like some of the land scape has built up a bit. Maybe they added more towns?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I secretly hoped for a direct sequel, but I dared not give it breath for fear of my dream never coming true.

God damn, am I fucking excited.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I honestly thought it was a trailer for more DLC.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    By the way, Zelda's hair being braided up? Super cute.

I hope its like Majora's Mask and just weird as fuck.

Seems safe to say they'll either be transported to some sort of dark world or a whole new place.

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I feel bad for the people who didn't enjoy BotW, but also I get more of what I want, and that's the only thing that can possibly matter.

edited June 2019
    So I have to wonder, was Ganon's body buried underneath Hyrule Castle somewhere? That seems to be the implication here, that Zelda and Link wanted to do something about the cycle of Ganon's return rather than just be satisfied enough that they solved things for their era.

Edit - Official upload is available now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fr1Z07AV00

Henroid on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Two things I noticed off the bat

1: They were riding something not a horse =)
    2: was that Impa's earring?

Wasn't mentioned here but Cadence of Hyrule comes out June 13th.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA

and now...

YOqgrfS.jpg

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    and now...

YOqgrfS.jpg

Aw the waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I really wish Cadence was out today, but now I get to do chores and go shopping while waiting for the Collection of Mana instead of playing Switch so I guess that's okay.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    My very integral thoughts needed in this thread:
    - The ‘music’ such as it was felt recognisable as Twilight Realm stuff, but backwards.
    - So did the neon wispy trails.
    - The black with pink outline crawler was again reminiscent of Twilight Princess in enemy design.
    - Just riffing off what I saw there I think we’ll go underground more, or to another realm other than Hyrule.
    - The Shiekah themed arm seems to awaken Ganon, so there’s a continuation of the Yiga/Shiekah storyline in this one.
    - Hyrule castle appears to rise or fall towards the end there, so I reckon it becomes the Tower of Gods/a big dungeon with Ganon in it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bUwkjIXaHEI&list=PLF6FC95426946F1A5&index=27

Endless_Serpents on
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    As you know there is treehouse streams after the direct and they're showing off Link's Awakening gameplay right now.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    This Dungeon Maker thing in Link's Awakening feels like they're testing the waters for a more robust Zelda Maker.

Nice that they included the Color Dungeon in the Switch version.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    !

And for North America:

Also, they confirmed that the Color Dungeon will be in the game.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    BotW was the first Zelda game I actually played. My oldest brother played the first three (LoZ, AoL, LttP) and I was something of a co-pilot, but BotW was mine. I'm so freakin' excited it's getting a direct sequel

Once again, Europe getting the better special edition.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
This discussion has been closed.