As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

E3 2019 * June 08-14 * Show Floor Open * Giant Bomb @ Nite 8pm CST

19596979899101»

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    It's not that bad of an answer, really, since they're clearly not just taking the original FF7 and translating it into a new engine or whatever, they're essentially totally redoing the story.

Yeah, but you figure taking on a project of this magnitude you should have SOME idea beforehand of what each part would entail

I think they have a general idea of what kind of scope they want each area to have and a road map of the total narrative (obviously). But past Midgar, it's pretty subjective.

The most obvious breakpoints to me are leaving Midgar, the awakening of the Weapons, then the end of the game. But that would make game number 2 HUGE, since that's like 70% of the game between leaving midgar and the first visit to the northern crater

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    In case you want another example of how well Avengers is being handled: the villain in that trailer who is responsible for the death of Captain America is Taskmaster, who has no lines and is not called out by name
    I really don't think that is a huge deal?

Like, the MUA3 trailers have dropped a dozen villains with no names

I get folks didn't like the presentation but just dogpiling stuff that aren't actual issues seems unnecessary

I think it matters in that after watching the presentations for both, I know who the villain for MUA3 is, but have no idea who it is for Avengers.
    What presentation? Because the MUA3 trailer in the direct has literally zero villain names listed

If you're talking about the gameplay demo at the booth, then that is comparable to what Mr. G mentioned as they revealed that is Taskmaster at the booth gameplay demonstration.

They don't name him, but I could see and recognize Thanos in the trailer for MUA3. Avengers I don't remember them mentioning or showing any villains at all.

sig.gif
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    The Avengers folks were on the E3 Coliseum stream and did not show anything beyond what was at the Square reveal. It seemed bizarre they werent showing more direct gameplay if it was being shown on the floor, but in this they said it was showing behind closed doors. So this is purely in the showing it to the games press to describe back to people phase of things.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    This game is out before the next e3, what the Greek?

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    The most galling thing is the fucking theme. There is maybe 2 pieces of music in marvel movies that are actually identifiable and one of those is the avengers theme. That the game wants to be so close to the movies, but were not trusted with any assets that they would use a sound alike for the theme screams to me that no one has any faith in this project.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm okay with it being a totally separate thing from the movies, if we're being honest

I wish the comics were more comfortable not being the movies too

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Did anyone point blank ask what time of game it is?
    Real Time Strategy, Turnbased, Action RPG, Match 3, FPS?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I think that FF7 answer rules, because if they had given a real number not a goddamn person would have believed them

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    It would be great if it was different from the movies! Instead it's some sort of weird Frankenstein!

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I'm okay with it being a totally separate thing from the movies, if we're being honest

I wish the comics were more comfortable not being the movies too

I think it's just leaning so close to the movie aesthetic that it begs the comparison too openly.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Well I'm Impidimp, the ladies' pimp
    The women fight for my delight
    But I'm the grandmaster with the three MCs
    That shock the house for the young ladies
    And when you come inside, into the front
    You do the Freak, Spank, and do the Bump
    And when the sucker MC's try to prove a point
    We're Treacherous Trio, we're the serious joint

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    someone make new thread

geth close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.