As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3 is over. Start your GOTY speculation

PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
edited June 2019 in Social Entropy++
All the big presentations are over and the showfloor has opened.
Here's a website that has all the trailers for e3 stuff: https://2019.e3recap.com/

Peewi on

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Well now (whenever it arrives) I own a Switch.

Thanks Trials of Mana, for being the last straw. And I guess Nintendo's E3 thing in general. That's a pretty strong August/September.

Aistan on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    E3 Questions

Will the FF7 series of remakes go on to include an Advent Children / Dirge of Cerberus era game?

What the hell is this Marvel Game?

VayBJ4e.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Astral Chain looks like Platinum action plus Batman detective mode sections.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    It's not that bad of an answer, really, since they're clearly not just taking the original FF7 and translating it into a new engine or whatever, they're essentially totally redoing the story.

Yeah, but you figure taking on a project of this magnitude you should have SOME idea beforehand of what each part would entail

I think they have a general idea of what kind of scope they want each area to have and a road map of the total narrative (obviously). But past Midgar, it's pretty subjective.

The most obvious breakpoints to me are leaving Midgar, the awakening of the Weapons, then the end of the game. But that would make game number 2 HUGE, since that's like 70% of the game between leaving midgar and the first visit to the northern crater

Aeris' out-of-body experience would make another good breakpoint but I think the awakening of the weapons and summoning of meteor is the more effective dramatic cliffhanger to end on.

If you end on the weapons, the last part would be the escape from Junon, the search for Cloud, the race to recover the huge materia at Mt. Corel, Fort Condor, Rocket Town and the undersea reactor, falling into the lifestream and the recovery of Cloud's memories, the search for the white materia, the diamond weapon and the return to Midgar, and the great northern cave.

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited June 2019
    E3 Questions

Will the FF7 series of remakes go on to include an Advent Children / Dirge of Cerberus era game?

What the hell is this Marvel Game?

first question: No one knows, probably not even the developers
    second question: No one knows, probably not even the developers

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    zwbbu2yk3ica.jpg

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'd be down with BotW 2

Especially if it's BotW w/ cool dungeons

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    It's not that bad of an answer, really, since they're clearly not just taking the original FF7 and translating it into a new engine or whatever, they're essentially totally redoing the story.

Yeah, but you figure taking on a project of this magnitude you should have SOME idea beforehand of what each part would entail

I think they have a general idea of what kind of scope they want each area to have and a road map of the total narrative (obviously). But past Midgar, it's pretty subjective.

The most obvious breakpoints to me are leaving Midgar, the awakening of the Weapons, then the end of the game. But that would make game number 2 HUGE, since that's like 70% of the game between leaving midgar and the first visit to the northern crater

Aeris' out-of-body experience would make another good breakpoint but I think the awakening of the weapons and summoning of meteor is the more effective dramatic cliffhanger to end on.

If you end on the weapons, the last part would be the escape from Junon, the search for Cloud, the race to recover the huge materia at Mt. Corel, Fort Condor, Rocket Town and the undersea reactor, falling into the lifestream and the recovery of Cloud's memories, the search for the white materia, the diamond weapon and the return to Midgar, and the great northern cave.

Part two will be a mixed media experience, where to get the full story you need to watch an animated series on youtube as well as purchase a direct to video animated movie that bridges the gap to part three.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Do we know for sure if the FF7 remake is going to be PS4/5 exclusive?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    so I just realized I'm not sure who gets to go to E3 anymore
    it's not a public event anymore, right?

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    It's definitely still public. I think it's only the second year of that as well

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    edited June 2019
    Bucketman wrote: »

based on what I remember from the original announcement it is strongly implied to at least be aimed for PC as well.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    I think it does have public access these days, just with shorter hours.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

It became a public event 2 years ago, likely as a desperation move by the ESA. Was media only before.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

for the mere price of 995, you can go to e3

liEt3nH.png
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Laughing at the dude playing Daemon X Machina on treehouse shutting the gyro off

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I feel like that should have a follow up tweet that's just "I'm just too busy hanging out with my best friends Mads Mikklesen, Norman Reedus, Guillermo Del Toro [1/250]"

Moriveth on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I guess I had it flipped, I thought it WAS a public event and then they closed it

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Fun fact: my brain is apparently incapable of retaining Norman Reedus' name, because I had to look him up, came back, and immediately forgot

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

Honestly, I'd be shocked if they didn't have a number in mind

But it's probably an if-then statement depending on sales numbers and reaction (if it sells well, 4, if not, 2, etc)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    This has probably been the best E3 for me in years. Tons of stuff I'm interested in coming out, and nothing that I'd have to go buy a console for.

The big three are Cyberpunk, Watch Dogs 3 and Vampire. But then there's Baldur's Gate 3 and Outer Worlds, and probably a bunch of stuff I'm already forgetting.

There's also a bunch of smaller stuff that I didn't know about that got announcement trailers.

steam_sig.png
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

Apparently gamestop Ireland posted a preorder page before the show for an xbox version but that's probably speculative more than anything else

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    While I would love to be playing Seiken Densetsu 3 right now, the temptation of a physical version was too much and I guess I am waiting until August 28th.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    edited June 2019
    This snippet from Marvel.com's coverage of the Avengers game makes me think whoever called the game as originally single player being hard course corrected into a GaS is dead on.
    The single-player campaign will cover most of what was revealed in the initial story. But as the story develops over the years within the game, that campaign will expand to include multiple players (up to four).

akajaybay on
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I just got home from work and was able to watch the Smash reveals and the BotW 2 teaser

Smash stuff: hype as hell. I'm really happy for the Banjo fans and BK looks like a hoot to play

Zelda stuff: fuck yes, fuck yes, gimme that right now, I'm more than happy to return to that particular iteration of the world and explore some spooky labyrinths.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Hey remember that demo where they took feedback on Daemon X Machina

They actually did stuff with that feedback.

https://youtu.be/8qmwvKTwm10

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Oh wow that fall speed is much better

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    "Increase text font size" is feedback that every modern game should take.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ugh, I just spent $200 for what will probably be a shitty Doom Slayer helmet.

DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!!

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Hoo boy that looks like Another One of Those DB games

Which

They're fine but boy I wish we could get a new take on the franchise outside of DBF

CYpGAPn.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I remember when Xenoverse came out and I was like this is stupid why would I want to play as a new character of my own creation and now they're making a Goku game and I'm like this is stupid why would I not want to play as a new character of my own creation

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

Let's say that they decide to split it into four games, with the first ending when they leave Midgar and the third with the Weapons. Where do you think they'd end the second game then?

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    E3 2009: "Why do they always feel the need to trot out some random celebrity? Who cares?"

E3 2019: "KEANU REEEEEEEEEEEEVES!!!!!!"

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Ugh, I just spent $200 for what will probably be a shitty Doom Slayer helmet.

DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!!

I ended up with two preorders because when I first checked amazon only had the PS4 version and then the PC version came into stock. Since they don’t charge for preorders I have until November to decide if I really want that helmet and/or if my PC can handle the sequel.

Neveron wrote: »

Let's say that they decide to split it into four games, with the first ending when they leave Midgar and the third with the Weapons. Where do you think they'd end the second game then?

maybe after the Gold Saucer, or the boat trip to Costa Del Sol? that feels like splitting it real fine though. They'd have to come up with a bunch of new shit to do during that middle following-sephiroth's-trail part of the story.

BahamutZERO.gif
    E3 2009: "Why do they always feel the need to trot out some random celebrity? Who cares?"

E3 2019: "KEANU REEEEEEEEEEEEVES!!!!!!"

Keanu is so hot right now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »

Probably after Wutai.

Rocket Town > Tiny Bronco, then have the story take you to Wutai, that's no longer optional because Yuffie is more seamlessly tied into the game rather than being an entirely optional character.