As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hollow Knight] Sequel: New trailer, still no release date

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sweet sassy molassy, E3 video of Hollow Knight: Silksong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC4qm3XILUw

H9f4bVe.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Just got my nail upgraded for the second time. Got the dream nail, 2 dream warriors (no eyes and grob), and 2 dream trees (whispering trees?). I can't beat any of the bosses =/

It feels like every single boss has one more phase than it should. Alternately, if you're going to have bosses that damn difficult, can you at least put a bench in the corridor before them?!

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Just got my nail upgraded for the second time. Got the dream nail, 2 dream warriors (no eyes and grob), and 2 dream trees (whispering trees?). I can't beat any of the bosses =/

It feels like every single boss has one more phase than it should. Alternately, if you're going to have bosses that damn difficult, can you at least put a bench in the corridor before them?!

Which boss? I can't think of any that had that far of a run back.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Soul Master and Mantis Lords
    both have pretty brutal runbacks, IMO.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Do we have any sort of release date or window for Silksong?

SyphonBlue wrote: »

marmu and brooding mawlek come to mind

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular

Isn't there a shortcut to Marmu?
    I seem to recall there being direct access from the stag station. You have to jump IIRC.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

"Coming Soon" according to the E3 Direct. So I'd say realistically 2020 sometime knowing Team Cherry's penchant for polish and expansion probably.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I love that little bit of literature at the start of the demo there.
    They see your beauty, so frail and fine.
    They see your peace, woven of faith and toil.
    They forget your heart, buried in slumber and solitude.
    When you wake, they shall see your truth.
    A beast’s nature, bare to all.

Barrakketh wrote: »

Isn't there a shortcut to Marmu?
    I seem to recall there being direct access from the stag station. You have to jump IIRC.

maybe I haven't found that one yet

and yeah, I'm on Soul Master now

ugh

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I love that little bit of literature at the start of the demo there.

Me too, it nicely mirrored the original game's opening, with it's snippet of the 'Elegy of Hallownest.'
    We got some backstory about Hornet's father, but we didn't get as much of her mother's side, 'Herrah the Beast.' Maybe we'll get to unravel more of that side of Hornet's ancestry in the next game.

...almost makes me a little scared about what Hornet might be driven to become.

H9f4bVe.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Soul Master has the most annoying run up. I ended up going off to strengthen my nail and increase my health to give myself a better chance.

I changed my charm loadout to long nail, the shield when you heal, the more soul one, and one I forget.

Hopefully I'll get him tonight

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

"Coming Soon" according to the E3 Direct. So I'd say realistically 2020 sometime knowing Team Cherry's penchant for polish and expansion probably.

I know the first one started in Early Access on Steam, and they built it up with little mini-expansions that were really just the addition of new areas and bosses and such. Are they doing that again for Silksong? Or is Silksong being developed entirely behind closed doors this time?

I know the first one started in Early Access on Steam, and they built it up with little mini-expansions that were really just the addition of new areas and bosses and such. Are they doing that again for Silksong? Or is Silksong being developed entirely behind closed doors this time?

Seems like the latter; the first game was Kickstartered as well so that's probably why it was in Early Access.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Soul Master has the most annoying run up. I ended up going off to strengthen my nail and increase my health to give myself a better chance.
    There is a shortcut for Soul Master that shaves a lot of time off, but it's almost impossible to find organically.

3clipse wrote: »
    There is a shortcut for Soul Master that shaves a lot of time off, but it's almost impossible to find organically.

do tell

also, Soul Master down!

got every charm from Sly, Leg Eater, Cornifer's Wife, and that Jolly Grub. I think that's all the vendors!

do tell

also, Soul Master down!

got every charm from Sly, Leg Eater, Cornifer's Wife, and that Jolly Grub. I think that's all the vendors!

I'd honestly have to spend so much time finding the wiki article I used to find it again that it'd be probably no faster, heh. I don't remember it beyond vague, unhelpful impressions like
    it involves the elevator shaft and a wall right behind where you initially found Cornifer in that area.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Silksong put me in the mood for some bug beating, and now I'm back crushing my head against this wall for the Platinum, hopefully before it gets here. Can currently get up to Zote in Pantheon of the Knight before getting knocked out (I've beat him in Godhome Hall, but only the once). Also can't seem to take down the White Defender (I can get him to phase two, but only rarely, and then I'm just... done)

edited June 2019
    I'm going to tackle the Mantis Lords next I guess

or possibly the royal waterway since I can get that bench now

edit: on a different subject, I wonder how many physical copies Hollow Knight sold on the switch. I did my part!

Xaquin on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

edit: on a different subject, I wonder how many physical copies Hollow Knight sold on the switch. I did my part!
    I passed on it. As much as I love the game, requiring a large download (the cartridge is missing the Godmaster content) this long after the game was released is a no-go for me.

That said, Fangamer's support e-mail seems quite sensible:
    As you’ve noticed, a slightly older copy of Hollow Knight was printed to the first batch of Nintendo Switch game cards due to a logistical error. While the game is fully playable and includes 3 of the 4 DLCs, a free 1.7GB update must be downloaded to access the 4th DLC pack, “Godmaster”. We’re sorry for the disappointment.

The next print run of the game will have the 4th DLC included on the card itself. We cannot yet say for sure when this batch of games will be available, though we anticipate sometime around August.
    • If you bought from Fangamer and would like to return your copy, we can offer you a full refund. Alternately, if you’d like to exchange for one of the updated game cards, please let us know and we’ll send you a one-time email notification when the new cards are available for exchange.
    • If you bought your game from a North American retailer, you can hang on to the game and your receipt; in the future we will offer the ability to exchange a copy for one with the patch included. Please let us know and we’ll send you a one-time email notification when the new cards are available for exchange.
    • If you have preordered your game from a European retailer, you can cancel your preorder (as the game is not yet released) and wait for the next run of games to hit shelves.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

So my complaint looks like it will be resolved in the future.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Silksong put me in the mood for some bug beating, and now I'm back crushing my head against this wall for the Platinum, hopefully before it gets here. Can currently get up to Zote in Pantheon of the Knight before getting knocked out (I've beat him in Godhome Hall, but only the once). Also can't seem to take down the White Defender (I can get him to phase two, but only rarely, and then I'm just... done)

Because I enjoy HK so much on the Switch and am up around 100%, part of me wants to double-dip and play again on PS4. But... I haven't even touched all of the DLC stuff, so I don't feel that I can justify it. Instead, I think I'm just going to wait for Silksong.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    Barrakketh wrote: »

I passed on it. As much as I love the game, requiring a large download (the cartridge is missing the Godmaster content) this long after the game was released is a no-go for me.

That said, Fangamer's support e-mail seems quite sensible:
    As you’ve noticed, a slightly older copy of Hollow Knight was printed to the first batch of Nintendo Switch game cards due to a logistical error. While the game is fully playable and includes 3 of the 4 DLCs, a free 1.7GB update must be downloaded to access the 4th DLC pack, “Godmaster”. We’re sorry for the disappointment.

The next print run of the game will have the 4th DLC included on the card itself. We cannot yet say for sure when this batch of games will be available, though we anticipate sometime around August.
    • If you bought from Fangamer and would like to return your copy, we can offer you a full refund. Alternately, if you’d like to exchange for one of the updated game cards, please let us know and we’ll send you a one-time email notification when the new cards are available for exchange.
    • If you bought your game from a North American retailer, you can hang on to the game and your receipt; in the future we will offer the ability to exchange a copy for one with the patch included. Please let us know and we’ll send you a one-time email notification when the new cards are available for exchange.
    • If you have preordered your game from a European retailer, you can cancel your preorder (as the game is not yet released) and wait for the next run of games to hit shelves.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

So my complaint looks like it will be resolved in the future.

I didn't even notice a download!

guess it must have DLd in the background

I'll definitely send it back when the new ones come out. Kind of disappointed they never sent me an email

Post-E3 update from Team Cherry

Yeah, that "Coming Soon" from Nintendo's Direct sounds very much like very wishful thinking. I'm starting to guess don't expect Silksong until 2021.

Hollow Knight and the soundtrack is on sale on steam right now for a whole 40% off 'til July 9. Wow! Buy it!

Also, Silksong's going to have shit like this:

tumblr_psy5n2B2iM1ukabywo1_640.gif

H9f4bVe.png
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    ...fuck me

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    At least there aren't any spinning sawblades in that exact place.

I expect they're just around the corner.

• GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    My hope is that's her diagonal dive attack, and the input is left/right + attack. Which would make it far easier than pogoing with the nail because you aren't trying to twiddle between down + attack to pogo and left or right to actually travel in the direction you're going.

Doesn't look any harder than nailjumping.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Giving me an Ori vibe, which is just fine!

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Giving me an Ori vibe, which is just fine!

"Fine, just fine!"

nah, in ori, that straight dash would be all wobbly and you'd end up missing completely

I gotta say the complaints about Ori have always confused me, I felt like it was laser precise when I played it.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I gotta say the complaints about Ori have always confused me, I felt like it was laser precise when I played it.

Having just gone back and played Ori again a couple months ago, the platforming in that game is extremely loose. In a way that I eventually just gave up because I couldn't handle it anymore.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126

Having just gone back and played Ori again a couple months ago, the platforming in that game is extremely loose. In a way that I eventually just gave up because I couldn't handle it anymore.

this is me 100%

It's one of two games I've ever returned. It was so beautiful and I really wanted to find out about all the characters, but I hated playing it.

Ivar wrote: »

The sawblades are on our side this time!

tumblr_pmxe4dFlfS1wv5hmyo4_500.gif

H9f4bVe.png
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Ivar wrote: »

The sawblades are on our side this time!

tumblr_pmxe4dFlfS1wv5hmyo4_500.gif

HK spoilers
    she is the daughter of the pale king after all

Shit, why'd I hit that spoiler

sorry dude, I should have labeled it a bit better

sorry dude, I should have labeled it a bit better

No worries!

It's a super old game at this point and it's just dumb luck that I've not had the ending spoiled!

It'd be like making it to 1988 without finding out that Darth Vader is
    not really James Earl Jones