As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hades] is King of the Scythe and the Sword

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah the last time I got Orpheus to sing was pre-Dionysus patch, I think is the real problem

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I just had a run where I got 5 chaos boons that buffed my shield throw damage, plus an aphrodite boon that buffed the damage by like 110% by the end of the run

I was doing absolutely bananas damage with the shield toss, it was incredible

• EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    First clear with a rather bs build that was fun. Shield w/Ares' Doom on attack, +dash attack damage, and Poseidon's Tidal Wave dash. Stood on top of Theseus and the Minotaur and just kept dash attacking through them.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Well, beat the Minotaur for the first time

Unfortunately I had 10 health when I was finished and that did not go very well

Was running Shield and I had Dionysus Special to poison on shield bounce, Dionysus cast for the cloud bomb, and then Zeus bonus to the cloud for periodic lightning strikes within the cloud

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Casts bouncing off of shields is a big artemis nerf

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Bought this game yesterday while it was still on sale, and damn it's good.

Is there any dev that has got a lock on video game narration like Supergiant?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Hmmmm I wonder which weapons I like the most???

vamz0bvaprue.png

I think I need to at least try to branch out....

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Get you some skull clears

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Get you some skull clears

i scared

For some reason I didn't think it would reset my save when big patch happened

I'm probably just gonna leave this game alone until release then

2x39jD4.jpg
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    For some reason I didn't think it would reset my save when big patch happened

I'm probably just gonna leave this game alone until release then

That's odd, I've been playing the exact same save file since release

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Whoah the last patch ate saves? I had most of the mirror done...

steam_sig.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Whoah the last patch ate saves? I had most of the mirror done...

It's not supposed to. I still have my save.

Maybe I over wrote mine somehow? I dunno how I could have

If its just a weird thing on my end and not the policy then thats fine, these things happen, I'll still probably put it down and play some other stuff for now

I'm quite satisfied that this is gonna be fantastic when its released

2x39jD4.jpg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Beat this just now.

Chaos shield with the attack deflect upgrade and a dash upgrade is definitely the most powerful thing I've encountered so far.

For the record my dash upgrade was blade rift and then when I got mad enough i would turn myself into a blade rift and also my blade rifts were bigger and lasted longer.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    There are occasionally weird minor backtracks with the patches - I've had mirror stuff shifted around on me and ambrosia counters drop back down to one

I’ve gotten to Theseus on 15 skulls now, but so far haven’t had a good enough combination with enough damage.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Has anyone else’s game been running like absolute garbage since the Hermes update? My game constantly hitches now, even in empty rooms.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Has anyone else’s game been running like absolute garbage since the Hermes update? My game constantly hitches now, even in empty rooms.

I've been fine so far

I had like, one weird sound glitch sort of thing, the sort of thing that generally indicates that the game isn't running at full capacity, but it was an isolated incident and I haven't seen any actual performance differences.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oof, Theseus and the Minotaur are just damage sponges huh

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    They are way harder than anything else in the game.

As a final boss its alright, but the amount of damage I take there is going to make Act 4 really rough.

It also really benefits from range builds, since reading 2 enemies at the same time in close combat is rough.

My most hilarious one when I managed 297 damage on my cast, which then released for 300 damage after 4.6 damage.
    All I did was dash for Weak and pick up my cats and try to spread them 3/3

The shield is considered the best weapon at the moment. The defense on the bullrush is very strong.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Act 4 is a bit rough. There's no room at all to maneuver and everything does so much damage. I beat Theseus and the Minotaur with the shield and cast focused build but I only cleared through 1 "wing" of Act 4. The enemies don't seem as bad as the Act 3 enemies (I hate you butterflies) but you have so little room to work with that it was very hard to avoid damage. I never had enough room to safely dash around which is how I made it through Act 3.

I'm thinking that deflect might be good here. The bow with deflect on special might be a way to safely deal with the confined area of Act 4 while still having to get close to the enemies.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer

Korror wrote: »
    Act 4 is a bit rough. There's no room at all to maneuver and everything does so much damage. I beat Theseus and the Minotaur with the shield and cast focused build but I only cleared through 1 "wing" of Act 4. The enemies don't seem as bad as the Act 3 enemies (I hate you butterflies) but you have so little room to work with that it was very hard to avoid damage. I never had enough room to safely dash around which is how I made it through Act 3.

I'm thinking that deflect might be good here. The bow with deflect on special might be a way to safely deal with the confined area of Act 4 while still having to get close to the enemies.

the patch yesterday delayed the speed with which the enemies start to deal damage when you enter a room, which helped.

I haven't had TOO much trouble with the wings themselves, but hades can go fuck himself

bad dad isn't too bad if you can get some hermes speed upgrades

Brolo wrote: »
    i feel like i'm going to need the perfect roll of boons to get a ton of burst damage. he has SO much health and then he fucking gets it all back, it's bullllshit

cursedking wrote: »
    i feel like i'm going to need the perfect roll of boons to get a ton of burst damage. he has SO much health and then he fucking gets it all back, it's bullllshit

I got to the final boss again and
    died of course but I thought I was doing really well until he regained all his health and threw out a bunch of stuff that I didn't know if I should avoid or not. Phase 1 seems relatively straight forward. Dodge his spinning circle attack. Avoid the homing helm of darkness. It does "something" if it hits you and I assume you're supposed to kill it when it lands but I never saw what happens if you let its timer finish counting down. Just keep moving while he's invisible and watch mostly for the helm as it was hitting for 20.

After he transforms, I'm not sure what's going on. There were expanding circles that seemed to fill most of the room. Maybe you can dodge through them? There were pillars that seemed to do damage and were spread out everywhere. Not really sure what was going on here and I died in short order.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I did a run of the update.

I won, but I did use all of my death defiances on the final boss.

died of course but I thought I was doing really well until he regained all his health and threw out a bunch of stuff that I didn't know if I should avoid or not. Phase 1 seems relatively straight forward. Dodge his spinning circle attack. Avoid the homing helm of darkness. It does "something" if it hits you and I assume you're supposed to kill it when it lands but I never saw what happens if you let its timer finish counting down. Just keep moving while he's invisible and watch mostly for the helm as it was hitting for 20.

After he transforms, I'm not sure what's going on. There were expanding circles that seemed to fill most of the room. Maybe you can dodge through them? There were pillars that seemed to do damage and were spread out everywhere. Not really sure what was going on here and I died in short order.
    It gives you boiling blood that makes you take increased damage. The helm explodes if you dodge it and creates those rings. You can dodge through them.

It gives you boiling blood that makes you take increased damage. The helm explodes if you dodge it and creates those rings. You can dodge through them.
    I got back to him with the shield and that made the fight so much easier. Being able to turtle up while he did his attacks and choose when to put damage on him let me get a sense of the fight and figure out what was going on. The key on the phase 2 fight seems to be managing the pillars that he spawns and knowing they're going to creating a zone that roots you if they're destroyed. And they're going to be destroyed as he throws out too many helms to clean up before they explode. When these helms finish their countdown, they'll explode in the expanding ring that you have either block or dodge through and this will also break all the pillars. If you can handle this mechanic, the only other thing you need to worry about is the laser beams which were easy to deal with by blocking since I had the sheild. I took my time, wore him down with poison and safe attacks and eventually finished him off.

After a few playthroughs act 4 feels easier than act 3. The enemies are much easier to kill and easier to dodge than the shades you run into act 3. Even the boss feels easier than act 3 where you have to keep on eye on two separate characters. Which is good as I'm not sure I could handle an act that ramped up in difficulty from act 3.

• GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Bad dad's scraps of conversation are hinting at... something that's giving me Nerd Opinions about how they might run the endgame. Spoilers and speculation:
    It's always winter. Persephone went somewhere, but she never got back in touch with her mum, did she?

Combined with an ever-increasing level of Heat, it makes me wonder if the endgame might end up as trying to find her in a frozen landscape that slowly drains the Heat from your run away.

In unrelated Elysium commentary:
    There's a lovely little interaction if you get to Theseus with the yarn ball active.

Supergiant are making some deep cuts here and I love it.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    The most recent update is getting tantalus-izingly close to revealing what exactly is going on. And Demeter is very, very good both game and character design-wise

I ate an engineer
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    The most recent update is getting tantalus-izingly close to revealing what exactly is going on. And Demeter is very, very good both game and character design-wise

Agreed, though I am mad at myself for not guessing what her whole deal would be based on the location of the final boss battle.
    Fighting in a snowy field means Persephone has not returned home to Olympus, and Demeter is still in “plunge the world into endless winter” mode, and seemingly has been for some time.

In terms of gameplay stuff, the nerfs are kind of rough, but I get why they did it. Some of that stuff were boons/upgrades I would pick every time when offered. Now maybe I’ll try some different dash boons other than Athena’s.

I am thankful that Triple Bomb, Rocket Bomb, and the special crit boons were unaffected. Makes the rail still very viable.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    milski wrote: »

Agreed, though I am mad at myself for not guessing what her whole deal would be based on the location of the final boss battle.
    Fighting in a snowy field means Persephone has not returned home to Olympus, and Demeter is still in “plunge the world into endless winter” mode, and seemingly has been for some time.

In terms of gameplay stuff, the nerfs are kind of rough, but I get why they did it. Some of that stuff were boons/upgrades I would pick every time when offered. Now maybe I’ll try some different dash boons other than Athena’s.

If you get the Demeter duo boon with Poseidon, the conversation is basically:
    Demeter: I control all weather. I could freeze the oceans solid if I so chose.

Poseidon: Haha you totally could! We all like the oceans watery though, right Zag! Pls no freeze

I ate an engineer
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    yo if anyone has any other games in Supergiant's library that they haven't gotten around to picking up yet, they are on sale for 70-80% off on Steam for the next 19 hours

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I still haven't found out how to use ambrosia yet. Achilles had a conversation about it once, but that's it. I've got a couple people at locked hearts.
    For instance Megaera has a locked heart and says i need to deepen my relationship with her. Usually that means give more nectar, as opposed to the ones that say X more convos or whatever , but i can't give her anything.

steam_sig.png
    I still haven't found out how to use ambrosia yet. Achilles had a conversation about it once, but that's it. I've got a couple people at locked hearts.
    For instance Megaera has a locked heart and says i need to deepen my relationship with her. Usually that means give more nectar, as opposed to the ones that say X more convos or whatever , but i can't give her anything.

I believe there's a specific pact of punishment you need to use to advance the storyline with Meg - it's the only one she mentions by name after you unlock the pact.
    Extreme Measures