As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    The Pels will have:
    PG (thinking one of these dudes are moved, all have value)
    Elfrid Payton
    Frank Jackson
    Lonzo
    Jrue Holiday

PF
    Zion
    Cheik Diallo

C
    Jahlil Okafor
    Julius Randle

SF
    Ingram
    Some guys who are less known but probably better than Ingram

SG
    Hart
    A ton of dudes I’ve never heard of

Thinking they get a quality wing with that #4 or bundle it with a PG for like Bradley Beal

So they could have a group of lottery pick busts to surround Zion with to say “don’t be bad like us” and Jrue Holiday

I felt a lot better about this post when I was just looking at the roster before I actually analyzed it

Captain Inertia on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Jrue, Lonzo, Hart, Moore at guard

Ingram, Stanley, Zion at the wing

Randle, Okafor at the post

spend the 4th pick on a rim protector

Xehalus on
    Zion is the rim protector. Rim protecting is his 2nd most exciting ability behind ball denting.

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I mean, I know it was coming - but really, that is all you can get for Anthony Davis? Sure, that is a lot of picks, and picking 1 and 4 in this draft might be a good idea - but... I guess I just don't want them to be a rebuilding project.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    who would have given more? who even has more to give?

Dhalphir on
    I honestly have no idea, as I am not following the NBA as closely as I have a few years ago. Just this deal feels a bit underwhelming for New Orleans. Again, I knew it was coming and its not surprising or anything - especially when we know that AD wanted to go to the Lakers. Still, a bit underwhelmed.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    On what planet is this deal underwhelming? 2 unprotected first-round picks (one of which is Top 4) would in and of itself be a fantastic haul for the 2 years left on AD's contract. Throw in a third first-rounder, two first-round swaps, and a few young players with potential, and you have an amazing haul.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    It's a good haul, not an amazing haul. Keep in mind that it's rare for a top pick to even become a player like AD in the first place.

The only reason they're doing this trade is AD isn't happy.

edited June 2019
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    It's a good haul, not an amazing haul. Keep in mind that it's rare for a top pick to even become a player like AD in the first place.

The only reason they're doing this trade is AD isn't happy.

Case in point: the whole Pels roster that is lousy (LOUSY!) with lottery dudes

They will have 3 lottery picks just from Duke in their rotation (maybe 4 depending on what they do with that 4th pick)

Captain Inertia on
    On what planet is this deal underwhelming? 2 unprotected first-round picks (one of which is Top 4) would in and of itself be a fantastic haul for the 2 years left on AD's contract. Throw in a third first-rounder, two first-round swaps, and a few young players with potential, and you have an amazing haul.

Its picks, not players yet. That's why it feels underwhelming for someone like AD. Again, I am probably a bit too far removed from the NBA at the moment - so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    It’s a pretty amazing deal for 1 year of contract.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    It’s a pretty amazing deal for 1 year of contract.

Yeah but the report I read immediately after the trade said he plans to sign there even after becoming a free agent

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

When reached for a comment Kawhi said the parade was even more fun than apple time, but it’s close.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    that is a lot of people

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Radios reporting two million people? Im like a hour outside of Toronto but everyones been hype I work in Oshawa atm and the closter to Toronto the greater the hype

Deffo never forgetting this

icGJy2C.png
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    lol

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

The sad thing about this is I support it in principle. The idea of an up-and-coming star and his family trying to build their own brand and taking on the big corporations and their sweatshops sounds super cool. But the guy leading that charge went about it in the worst fathomable way.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Randle opted out so he's probably not on the Pelicans next year.

I guess he sees Zion taking all his minutes

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

Or he doesn't feel like playing through a rebuild.

Was the lol that BBB link is dead?

Too many dookies and only one other wildcat

Too many dookies and only one other wildcat

Never a good thing.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Yeah Toronto was nuts. I live an hour out but a few months ago lived in Toronto and met up with some friends.

Apparently people were out there at 5am getting ready for parade. I think the team bus was supposed to arrive at 11 but didn’t get there till 3.

It was nuts though, so many people crushed together we didn’t attempt trying to get to core.

Some buddy literally couldn’t get out the front door of his condo building, people were pressed up against the doors lol

Dixon on
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Prediction time:

In 2 years Lonzo Ball will be in Lithuania with his loser brothers

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    edited June 2019
    knitdan wrote: »
    Prediction time:

In 2 years Lonzo Ball will be in Lithuania with his loser brothers

I don't think we need to hold Lavar's antics against Lonzo like that.

Dhalphir on
    Lonzo is a legit NBA player he's just not the superstar he was cracked up to be and that wasn't all on his dad either. Sports media played its part in building Lonzo up and giving LaVarr so much attention.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist

It would be kind of poetic in a way that the Nets build a contender out of the ashes of what the Celtics tried to build by fleecing Billy King.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I know this makes me a terrible fan but the Celtics are going to sell out no matter what.
    Realistically losing some of the big names from this attempted run won't impact sales that much even if they aren't a contender.

I'd rather watch a year of their young players develop playing a faster, more fun to watch, style of basketball. Obviously Hayward will be returning but if our core is him, Smart, Baynes and a group of young players I would be super ok with that. Bonus if they can keep Morris.

edited June 2019
    Oh, by no means are the Celtics going to be a bad team without them. They're still a playoff team, even with the young guys + Hayward. It's just funny how Brooklyn is going to end up with the guys signed with the cap space created by trading Pierce and KG to Brooklyn.

Goose! on
    Conley traded to Utah

A pretty good get for them if he can stay healthy

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    Hate that trade.

But only because it makes things harder for the Blazers.

Good for Conley and Utah

Also re: Brooklyn- I’d take Russell over Kyrie....

Someone let Skip Bayless know if that’s the real Woj

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    Hate that trade.

But only because it makes things harder for the Blazers.

The West is going win now with the Warriors disabled. I still think the Blazers just need a scoring wing to be one of the top contenders.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Things are heating up.
    In an effort to shed salary and stay below the luxury tax, Oklahoma City will make (Steven) Adams, (Dennis) Schröder and (Andre) Roberson "very available" in trade talks as well as the 21st pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, according to Sports Illustrated reporter @ JakeLFischer.

This discussion has been closed.