As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What, drawn, and talk of peace? I [LOVE] the word.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    I just shaved my beard and I regret everything.

Did she ask you to, or..?

I had forgotten all about that lady.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Went to a sweet party last night and had a great time with my usual goth crowd. One of them was hitting on me a lot, which is super flattering especially as she's gorgeous and lovely but I am wary of social consequences of anything. These goths they do love their drama...

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Hey, if you’re into her, should be worth investigating further interaction though, right?

Just don’t find reasons to not be happy. My dumb brain does that to me sometimes

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I don't feel like going and looking for the family thread, so please bear with me for my mother's bad night as I was out playing board games:
    My mother was going to a venue for a concert and she got there early and was looking for parking, found a choice spot, went to start backing in, and saw 2 girls sitting in beach chairs. She asked them to please move and they refused, they were saving the spot. So she calls over security to get them to move, and then somehow police is involved, and then one of the girls says she wants to file a report because she claims my mother hit them with her car, and even got in the back of an ambulance and went to the hospital presumably. All over a parking spot. So now my mother was made hysterical because she of course didn't hit them, she has a backup camera and stopped well before them but did try to back into the space. The cop says it's her word against theirs, she files a police report, and since the girl went away in an ambulance, calls her insurer to tell them what happened but that it was bogus she didn't hit anyone. I found this all out this morning because she didn't want to bother me while I was out enjoying myself (meanwhile she was supposed to be out enjoying herself, too, which sucks).

On the off chance anyone who is versed in law reads this, is my mother okay legally speaking? I told her not to worry, these girls (who were at least half her age she says) would have to show some kind of proof that they were injured and that she was the one who did it. They're trying to defraud my mother over a damn parking spot.

I wish she wouldn't have made such a fuss over the damn spot to begin with, but I'm not about to make her feel worse while she already is miserable about the whole thing.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I would imagine that a perfectly healthy and totally not hit by a car person would be looking at an uphill battle to prove they were hit by a car. Especially if they go to the ER and get checked out and given a totally car collision free bill of health, and then try to take it to court. It would be far more of a hassle for them and it sounds like they're not really the type to think things through so I'd be very surprised if it develops into anything serious.

But, IANAL so I can't say for sure. All in all shitty situation and I hate it happened to your mom.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    U wot m8?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    In the weird annals of my life, going to a costume a party and one of Girl Gang is dressed as me. And is running around yelling about Godzilla and Twin Peaks and drawing bad portraits.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Are you sure you're not just having an out of body experience?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Mori why are you not a Regular Human Father any more?

• Options
    Iunno, I've had that avatar for a while. Wanted to try something different but haven't decided on what yet.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    how anime will the new one be

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Well, my date was canceled. She said she's met someone and they are now exclusive. Mind you this happened about 1.5 weeks after initial contact so I guess that was fast.

• Options

If I had to give it a number? Over 9000, at least.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not just having an out of body experience?

Honestly? Im not

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    “Huh your name is Gus? I just met a woman named Gus. She was very into goats.”

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    “Huh your name is Gus? I just met a woman named Gus. She was very into goats.”

I'm not sure if your life is charmed or hexed, but the bits you share with us are a hoot to read about.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    My best friend once described me the most boring person that is inexplicably a lightning rod for chaos

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

If I had to give it a number? Over 9000, at least.
    100%?

sig.gif
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I must have missed Gustav's girl gang story.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Gustav wrote: »
    My best friend once described me the most boring person that is inexplicably a lightning rod for chaos

So basically a harem anime protaganist

Peas on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I must have missed Gustav's girl gang story.

Yeah there's a lot of backstory if you want to get caught up

you'll need to watch seasons 1-4 first, then the prequel OVAs for context (only the first two really though, the third isn't actually canon and more of a what-if)

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    And then there was the writers strike that gave us the interruption with that silly wendigo storyline.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    If you don't have time to watch it, the wikia has some pretty good synopses that will get you up to speed for the current season.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    And then there was the writers strike that gave us the interruption with that silly wendigo storyline.

that was the best one!

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    has anyone ever done one of these: https://mundolingo.org/

i want to relearn my rusty high school spanish from a decade ago
    seems like this would be good practice
    and maybe i get to meet new people

poo
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

that was the best one!

2CX3eZ2.jpg

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Love thread, it's my grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary on Wednesday. There's a very slim chance they will both make it to their 66th. So it's both awesome and kind of a bummer.

I'm going to send them some flowers but it feels like such a weak gesture.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I just realized I haven't clicked on this thread in like a month

Let's see, I've moved to a new city and I'm loving it. Making exactly enough money to cover basic expenses plus some fun (though I still need to buy some furniture, rip).
    My best friend's girlfriend has put me in touch with her best friend and besides an entire continent being in the way we're getting along pretty well?
    My roommates are cool people, and their corgi especially so.
    And my job is pretty excellent, especially since I get on well with nearly all of my coworkers.

Life is pretty alright

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I just realized I haven't clicked on this thread in like a month

Let's see, I've moved to a new city and I'm loving it. Making exactly enough money to cover basic expenses plus some fun (though I still need to buy some furniture, rip).
    My best friend's girlfriend has put me in touch with her best friend and besides an entire continent being in the way we're getting along pretty well?
    My roommates are cool people, and their corgi especially so.
    And my job is pretty excellent, especially since I get on well with nearly all of my coworkers.

Life is pretty alright

How dare you mention a house corgi and not include pictures.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    inkk641jyifc.jpg
    6k531prw5nza.jpeg
    Compact house, compact dog!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Looks like all that dog's growing went into its ears

• Options
    She was the runt of the litter so it may actually be the case that she has full-size ears on an undersized body

• Options
    I've been waking up with extremely sore legs lately, often after not doing anything particularly strenuous the day before. I'm wondering if it's restless leg syndrome or something. I do bounce and move my legs a LOT.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I've been waking up with extremely sore legs lately, often after not doing anything particularly strenuous the day before. I'm wondering if it's restless leg syndrome or something. I do bounce and move my legs a LOT.

How's your hydration during the day?

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    It's been fine, I drink plenty of water! I could probably drink more, though. Also, the night before I did have a drink which can apparently make that type of thing worse (and I probably shouldn't drink anyway, what with the antidepressants and all it ends up making me feel like garbotrash the next day).

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    See if munching on a couple of bananas daily helps

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

If you're getting charlie horses in the night where you tense your legs and then have a painful time stretching them back out it may be a calcium deficiency. My dad dropped that tidbit of information on me a few years ago, so now I take a calcium supplement every day and don't get those charlie horses anymore.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's entirely possible I got a couple in my sleep, yeah. Normally those would wake me up, since I have had them fairly often, but possibly!

This discussion has been closed.