As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Legend of Zelda] Breath of the Wild sequel in development!

• Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Finished Cadence of Hyrule and had a lot of fun. Took me about 5:30 to beat plus an extra half hour hunting down a few things I missed. Somehow missed the item next to the hookshot on the menu but was otherwise pretty thorough. Difficulty was fairly front loaded but it stayed engaging all the way through.

Oh and
    Loved the secret character.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Road Block wrote: »
    Finished Cadence of Hyrule and had a lot of fun. Took me about 5:30 to beat plus an extra half hour hunting down a few things I missed. Somehow missed the item next to the hookshot on the menu but was otherwise pretty thorough. Difficulty was fairly front loaded but it stayed engaging all the way through.

Oh and
    Loved the secret character.
    The save file layout toys with me though and makes me think there should be another.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Just beat my first boss.
    After I spent a solid minute looking at the name.
    Wizzroboe.

God dammit, are they all like this?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Just beat my first boss.
    After I spent a solid minute looking at the name.
    Wizzroboe.

God dammit, are they all like this?

Yes, though I think that one is the highlight.

I beat Cadence today. It was shorter than I was expecting, but I see myself going back to it often, just because it's that fun

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    Just to clarify, there are no plans for a physical version of Cadence right?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I finished cadence and then started it back up and cleared out every map square of every enemy and opened every chest and I'm still missing 3 heart pieces.

Kizmitt wrote: »
    I finished cadence and then started it back up and cleared out every map square of every enemy and opened every chest and I'm still missing 3 heart pieces.

So am I. I think I missed ones in dungeons. I double checked every regular cave already. Maybe the two minigames have another

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I can confirm that the archery and bombchu bowling games are both worth a Heart Piece each.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Any word on whether or not other Zelda games outside of BotW, the stuff on the NES Classic app (or whatever it's called), and LA-HD will be coming over to the Switch? I finally tried playing Ocarina 3D, but the 3DS' controls aren't really accessible enough for me to not suck at it (the buttons are too small, and the shoulder buttons are terrible). I'd really like to be able to play everything with the Pro Controller.

Kupi wrote: »
    I can confirm that the archery and bombchu bowling games are both worth a Heart Piece each.

There's a bombchu bowling minigame?

• IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    With Link's [Re]Awakening on everyone's radar, I'd like to share an orchestral arrangement of the entire Link's Awakening soundtrack. I discovered it while enjoying the virtual console release, coincidentally a few weeks before the initial reveal for the upcoming version.

This hit the nostalgia button hard, quite often hitting the "as awesome as it felt in youth" threshold that only the best, most loving remakes manage to capture. Link's Awakening is a pretty special game for me, and this album has moved me to tears more than once. To everyone else with a fondness for that game, I hope you'll also enjoy it.

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

yeah I ran into it in Gerudo Village, it's got a big ol' bombchu sign on it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited June 2019

Well apparently I'm blind. I'll have to check it out.

Edit: Can confirm that I am blind.

Road Block on
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Trying to decide between obsidian or titanium weapon enchants. Still can't quite figure out how high a beat combo you need to get max damage with obsidian. But a constant 2 damage with titanium feels more reliable.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

Wait, is this in BotW?

steam_sig.png
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Wait, is this in BotW?

Cadence.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    This popped up in my YouTube suggestions. I think it knew you guys were talking about speed runs.
    https://youtu.be/1or3YILu28M

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Fun fact about the Longsword in Cadence: you can't use the Shield while it's equipped, but you arguably get something better. Holding the shield button holds the Longsword out, letting you poke it into the enemy by advancing or to attack enemies on the corners by pressing an adjacent direction. (e.g. if you're facing north and press east, you'll swing the sword and hit the tile in the north-east on that beat.

Trying to decide between obsidian or titanium weapon enchants. Still can't quite figure out how high a beat combo you need to get max damage with obsidian. But a constant 2 damage with titanium feels more reliable.

Never saw much value in Obsidian. When the extra damage matters most is when you're getting attacked from all sides, so you're going to lose that bonus and be stuck at 1 dmg.

I figure poison is a more reliable option for getting that extra damage. Stab with spear then move away as the poison kills it.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    That animation is incredible and really captures the highlights of that 28m speedrun, goddamn.

Cadence dungeon spoiler question,
    Can you wake up that zora prince? I cleared the ice dungeon and he's still sleeping. Kind of assuming he gives me flippers when I found the zora shopkeep selling the snorkel.

Can you wake up that zora prince? I cleared the ice dungeon and he's still sleeping. Kind of assuming he gives me flippers when I found the zora shopkeep selling the snorkel.
    Kill the ghosts

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

Specifically (because this took me a while to figure out):
    One of the zoras in the room actually talks to you. Kill him. I used a bomb, but I assume other items will do the job as well.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    Man ever since the shopkeeper incident I specifically tried to avoid attacking people you can talk to and the game throws that at you?

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    That animation is incredible and really captures the highlights of that 28m speedrun, goddamn.

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    This popped up in my YouTube suggestions. I think it knew you guys were talking about speed runs.
    https://youtu.be/1or3YILu28M

OK, I hadn't seen this before.

and I had just seen the speedrun last week

lots of lawls ^^'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Have any Necrodancer veterans played Cadence of Hyrule? I'm very interested, but I'm worried that it'll be too easy for me. (Not that I'm THAT good at Necrodancer; I'm still working on beating the actual Necrodancer boss fight.)

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    The prevailing opinion is that if you know Necrodancer, you're likely to die a few times before you pick up a better weapon and a couple heart containers, then cruise through the rest. I definitely had a few dicey moments toward the end, though, even with my inventory close to maxed out.

The prevailing opinion is that if you know Necrodancer, you're likely to die a few times before you pick up a better weapon and a couple heart containers, then cruise through the rest. I definitely had a few dicey moments toward the end, though, even with my inventory close to maxed out.

Yeah, I'm going to do a run with no bottle use next, red pots make it too easy to not die.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Weirdly specific question, but are boss heart containers mandatory or can you leave them on the floor? I've been doing that as a minor difficulty modifier for Zelda games in recent years.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I do hope the apparent willingness of Nintendo to loosen up and lease out their titles, along with the advent of RR Martin Souls, means there'll eventually be a FromSoft Zelda game. Even as someone who isn't on the Souls train it seems like a natural fit.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Open a chest.

ba da daa daaaaaaaaaaaa

Something hits you from behind immediately after.

Y O U D I E D

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Weirdly specific question, but are boss heart containers mandatory or can you leave them on the floor? I've been doing that as a minor difficulty modifier for Zelda games in recent years.

I'm pretty sure they're optional.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    Maz- wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they're optional.

They are. The mcguffin is what appears in the light circle.

BTW I watched my first speedrun of Cadence last night. I'm not surprised, those pretty much start day one of a game being out, and I didn't see anything going on aside from just outright skill, but still.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Got eshop bucks for my birthday so I picked up cadence! Fun and hard!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    BTW I watched my first speedrun of Cadence last night. I'm not surprised, those pretty much start day one of a game being out, and I didn't see anything going on aside from just outright skill, but still.

I think Fixed beat mode will be interesting for speedruns. Since it'll go so fast. Double speed mode and co-op should also be rather interesting.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    I just beat Zone 3 on Necrodancer.

I'm sure I'm not the first person on the internet to say so, but there's nothing like a good whip.

I think Fixed beat mode will be interesting for speedruns. Since it'll go so fast. Double speed mode and co-op should also be rather interesting.
    Speedruns of Necrodancer use as fast a beat as possible, it's fucking wild how much the players can read what's on the screen and succeed in such a short amount of time.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
This discussion has been closed.