As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

19495969798100»

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Yeah attack speed helps with the feel a lot, as with most melee stuff. Blood Rage is nice of course, and ancestral protector whenever it feels convenient (I had a spare slot for faster casting which is nice).

The real MVP for the build I'm using is Deidbellow with the war cry nodes though. You wind up with 30% (20 from deidbellow and 10 from the node) attack/cast/movement speed always up, on an instant cast mana free war cry.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Rius wrote: »
    Ok melee friends, help me out here

The build is Chieftain two-hander, maces or staves, big AoE. Going to be running Shockwave support and fully converting to fire with Chieftain ascendancy + Xoph's (or just pathing up to Avatar of Fire.) The skill will presumably be Consecrated Path or TecSlam, or both. Pulverize support, etc.

The idea is to attack slowly enough that Shockwave support is hilariously efficient. The support triggers a Melee AoE Attack explosion every time you attack, with a 1 second internal cooldown that's reduced to something like 0.75 seconds ICD at level 20.

I want to never miss, but I need to figure out how to scale up this damage on the tree and on gear. For Mace nodes, the tree offers lots of AoE, stun duration, and some ailment damage. For staff nodes, there's a lot more crit and elemental damage, but it's all up by the Templar area.

Perhaps ignite? Drop a big slam, leave behind a big ignite?

Have you considered earthquake for double AoE effects? If you already only want to be attacking every .75 seconds, EQ is gonna get a lot of value. You'll need to do more conversion, but Chieftain plus Xoph's or passive Avatar is enough. The big disadvantage to that plan is you won't activate your 35% chance to gain an endurance charge on fire skill on your main attack.

If you do go with ConsecPath or TecSlam, note you only need one of the Chieftain conversion or Avatar.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Ok melee friends, help me out here

The build is Chieftain two-hander, maces or staves, big AoE. Going to be running Shockwave support and fully converting to fire with Chieftain ascendancy + Xoph's (or just pathing up to Avatar of Fire.) The skill will presumably be Consecrated Path or TecSlam, or both. Pulverize support, etc.

The idea is to attack slowly enough that Shockwave support is hilariously efficient. The support triggers a Melee AoE Attack explosion every time you attack, with a 1 second internal cooldown that's reduced to something like 0.75 seconds ICD at level 20.

I want to never miss, but I need to figure out how to scale up this damage on the tree and on gear. For Mace nodes, the tree offers lots of AoE, stun duration, and some ailment damage. For staff nodes, there's a lot more crit and elemental damage, but it's all up by the Templar area.

Perhaps ignite? Drop a big slam, leave behind a big ignite?

you want to buy my sexy weird 2h mace? :winky:

Bless your heart.