As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

RiusRius Globex CEONobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
edited June 2020 in Games and Technology
10472405015_2a0c5e457a_o.jpg

Path of Exile is a Free to Play action RPG with a large amount of character customization and playstyles. The developers have stated that they will never add "Pay-to-Win" features to the in-game store and generally the store contains cosmetic micro-transactions as well as some very useful account upgrades. It's not uncommon to see Path of Exile be cited as an example of Free-to-Play "done right".

The gameplay is similar to other ARPGs although it can be a little slow to start. Builds are often very involved and can include several unique items that play off one another to create powerful effects. There are three sub-classes for each of the main classes along with a massive passive tree that allows players to tune builds to their liking.

Current Content:

Useful Links:
The Unofficial Wiki.
The developer's player trading index site.
A third party player trading index site.
An online passive tree planner.
A calculator to help you figure out the most efficient way to recolor your item sockets with chromatic orbs.
The official forums.
An economic snapshot/price tracker tool.

Trading:
For the majority of players trading is facilitated by looking for items on a third party indexer called poe.trade. Once an item a player wants is found, they can whisper the seller (usually by clicking a link on the search page which auto-copies a message that can be pasted in the game client) to see if a trade can be made. Sometimes this process is quick and easy, other times it is extremely frustrating. The developers have been teasing about improvements to this system for some time, but at the moment any concrete information is absent.

To have items appear on poe.trade a player can purchase a premium stash from the in game store and then elect to have the contents of that stash tab be public which will allow indexers to see the items as well as any prices the owner may have set on those items. It is also possible to list items for sale without premium stash tabs, this can be done using a third party application: either Acquisition or Procurement. These tools can look through the items in your stash tabs and then auto-generate text to either be pasted in, or automatically posted to a sale thread on the forums. The sale thread will then be read by the indexer sites mentioned previously.

It's also possible to trade via trade chat or by trying to buy/sell things on the forums, but doing this is incredibly difficult and time consuming and not recommended. New players will also almost certainly be taken advantage of in either of those places immediately.

It's totally viable to play the entire game without trading at all. Many players do this, some use the newly added SSF (solo self found) feature which has a separate ladder and makes it impossible for the player to group or trade with others. Players can opt out of SSF mode at anytime, though they will be removed from the SSF ladder.

PA Guild:
There is a forum guild; to be invited, post one of your character names in the thread.

If you are a member of the guild, feel free to use the guild stash as you like, I generally put items in there that I would like anyone to take, and I assume most people do the same.

Many thanks to mccart for the OP; I'll add some things sooner or later.

Rius on

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    HI THREAD

I DESIGNED THIS CARD AND ITS MY FAV THING EVER

zTLimXacgWUjsg9qwzNGT5mLEtcFtxn4aqAmZKkv.jpg

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    Ok melee friends, help me out here

The build is Chieftain two-hander, maces or staves, big AoE. Going to be running Shockwave support and fully converting to fire with Chieftain ascendancy + Xoph's (or just pathing up to Avatar of Fire.) The skill will presumably be Consecrated Path or TecSlam, or both. Pulverize support, etc.

The idea is to attack slowly enough that Shockwave support is hilariously efficient. The support triggers a Melee AoE Attack explosion every time you attack, with a 1 second internal cooldown that's reduced to something like 0.75 seconds ICD at level 20.

I want to never miss, but I need to figure out how to scale up this damage on the tree and on gear. For Mace nodes, the tree offers lots of AoE, stun duration, and some ailment damage. For staff nodes, there's a lot more crit and elemental damage, but it's all up by the Templar area.

Perhaps ignite? Drop a big slam, leave behind a big ignite?

Have you considered earthquake for double AoE effects? If you already only want to be attacking every .75 seconds, EQ is gonna get a lot of value. You'll need to do more conversion, but there are lots more sources for that than there used to be.

Earthquake certainly is a good value proposition, and I'm planning on getting 100% phys to fire conversion outside of whatever attack skill I'm using (because I want to fully convert Shockwave too), but the skill itself is less exciting to me. I won't rule it out though, especially if I look at Ignite for scaling with that 70% more damage with hits and ailments.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Rius I would suggest a .375 attack time and get Shockwave on every other attack. Otherwise you'll naturally be at a .75 attack time or lower on a lot of weapons, since most weapon damage clusters give you attack speed. Plus you'll usually want frenzy charges via Blood Rage on a melee build, and/or Onslaught.

Especially on something like Conc Path the ability to jump more frequently is handy. Also you can always stutter step when fighting to manually achieve a .75 attack time, although then you're not automating it. Hell on some skills you can even try to achieve a Multistrike setup where both the first and third swings get Shockwave, combine that with Ruthless for hilarious results.

As for weapons I'm sure that a good crafted Elder rare is ideal but I'd also look at classic uniques like Hegemony, the Innocence staff, and that one Harbinger one I always forget. Melee staff builds are rad.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Facebreakers can feel slow/clunky. So dont discount running more attack speed than you normally would. One of the nice things about this league and precision existing is that "required" auras are much less a thing. There is only so much bar space as well. For me when I run facebreakers not totem I ran haste and herald. And attack speed on tree. And RT. But now that is not required anymore.

Rigwalds Curses continue to go up so its more than just me. You could go pride with a herald. You could go precision and haste. You could go herald(s). You could go flesh and stone and something.

There are options now heh.
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Thoughts on auras/banners to run with Facebreakers?

if youre not RT, go war banner, it gives increased damage taken by enemies

otherwise go dreads for impales

herald of purity is mandatory

HoAsh gives great aoe clear

If youre going ice crash go Herald of Ice for juicy crunches and clear

hatred is good too

Right now I'm running Flesh and Stone, Precision, and War Banner. Also, with Rigwalds Curses getting more and more expensive, I think I might end up avoiding going crit/claw nodes, which suddenly leaves me pathing to the right for Acrobatics only, and that feels kind of dumb... So maybe this instead?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    My staff crit tect slam chief works great. I am sure there is room for improvement but it works for me. I use pulverize as I liked it more than the other options. Close combat didnt feel good. Multistrike feels like poop. Rage and Bezerk were fine but it was easier for me, and my bars, to just gem swap in pulverize and melee phys. I mean you will have Vaal DS for the single target and that works fine on a 5L.

One option you could also try is grabbing is a Nghamahus Flame. I used one in my Conc Path dude in Delve and it worked great. The axe carries builds with the balls of fire and all I had to do to make it feel good was go max attack speed. You could slow it down how you want to with pulverize but you couldnt do shock wave with it. It would be a good canidate for rage/bezerk however.

Jubal77 on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    vaal cyclone is the greatest thing ever until you suck up an entire map worth of elites and realize you cannot move oh god oh god I cant move
    *explodes*

Bless your heart.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Got to the last fight in tier 3 labs and just couldn't kill enough adds to proc my vaal molten armor and burst him down. He just kept doing everything but summoning adds!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Got to the last fight in tier 3 labs and just couldn't kill enough adds to proc my vaal molten armor and burst him down. He just kept doing everything but summoning adds!

Vaal skills for Izaro is definitely an outside the box strategy

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    Rius I would suggest a .375 attack time and get Shockwave on every other attack. Otherwise you'll naturally be at a .75 attack time or lower on a lot of weapons, since most weapon damage clusters give you attack speed. Plus you'll usually want frenzy charges via Blood Rage on a melee build, and/or Onslaught.

Especially on something like Conc Path the ability to jump more frequently is handy. Also you can always stutter step when fighting to manually achieve a .75 attack time, although then you're not automating it. Hell on some skills you can even try to achieve a Multistrike setup where both the first and third swings get Shockwave, combine that with Ruthless for hilarious results.

As for weapons I'm sure that a good crafted Elder rare is ideal but I'd also look at classic uniques like Hegemony, the Innocence staff, and that one Harbinger one I always forget. Melee staff builds are rad.

Yeah it's not totally out of the question to get a Shockwave proc on every other attack. If it's 1:1, then Shockwave is effectively a 143% more multiplier for Conc Path, or a 108% more multiplier for Tecslam (on uncharged attacks.) Cutting those numbers in half if it's 1:2, it's still a really strong support gem, just not hilariously strong.

Its just how I've been using my duder. Most fights I never even use molten armor, its my "oh shit" button. But on Izaro it lets me basically bubble up and burn him down, and it totally would have worked if he'd spawned more god damn skeletons in phase 3!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2019

Its just how I've been using my duder. Most fights I never even use molten armor, its my "oh shit" button. But on Izaro it lets me basically bubble up and burn him down, and it totally would have worked if he'd spawned more god damn skeletons in phase 3!

They limit the souls he generates on purpose I would wager. Farming Izaro max keys takes work and there is a lot of potential currency behind the fight. And todays Vaal skills would trivialize it a bit. I dont think I really ever have vaal skills up on him as they reset when you enter his room.

What this means is you just need to grab a bit more dps on the tree or life heh.

Jubal77 on
    Well this is just to unlock my last asecendancy. I just need to dance around a bit more/find a buff in the labs. Really though with crashing labs is kind of an issue of wanting to explore, but also just wanting to go fast so I don't crash.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Oh yeah definitely. Uber Lab full clears is something a lot of people do for their currency in the league. The helm enchants can be worth tons if you get the right ones and it is a higher level zone so you can get some top end stuff out of the chests.

If I'm skipping Rigwalds Curse, is Loreweave still going to be as useful as something else, since I won't get anything out of the increased global crit? Maybe go with a belly of the beast, or a gruthkul's?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Loreweave is 99% used for the max res and the added phys (insane for FB-ers)

rest are just bonuses

i circumvented the lore by runnign saffels, 1c shield instead of 60-120c for chest + trying to link it

J3qcnBP.png
    edited June 2019
    If you are going elemental Loreweave is usually the better one even if not using crit. Depending on your ascendancy you could also go Shroud of the Lightless that can compete with other chests if you use other pieces of gear with eyeball slots.

Or just a rare with %life/life/resist even. Allowing you to invest more into other slots dps wise. Like those double elemental dmg belts and the like.

Jubal77 on
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Kinda feel like I should have figured out a terminus est flicker build I'd like instead of oro's, since 67 looks a long way up there compared to 51 as someone that's only reached Acts 5 and 6 for the first time this league.

• hushhush Registered User regular
    @Rius I think you've been thru this process, but is it worth crafting a chaos wand on your own, or will you end up saving currency by just buying a finished one (if I could get a finished one for maybe... 8ex with a little patience)

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
    I think poe.trade has set up a built in PoB?

hush wrote: »
    @Rius I think you've been thru this process, but is it worth crafting a chaos wand on your own, or will you end up saving currency by just buying a finished one (if I could get a finished one for maybe... 8ex with a little patience)

Yeah, I've done all that, most recently for Cold DoT but it's the same principle.

So multimodding a wand is going to cost 2ex and some small change, or 3ex and small change if you want the highest tier of cast speed. So any finished wand you see is going to represent that cost, plus the crafter's profit. The rest of the cost is getting and isolating a high tier of DoT Multi. You can craft DoT Multi but only in pretty low amounts.

The T1 and T2 affixes for Dot Multi are rareeeeeee so it's mostly grinding Alterations. And then when you hit it, you have to Regal it, and if the Regal isn't good you'll need to Annul once or twice. Plus you have to pay for the base, but an ilvl 78 Opal Wand is entirely sufficient and only costs an alchemy orb so pfft.

If you feel like putting in the effort, you'll probably get the wand for cheaper if you make it on your own. But you'll either have to find someone who can put the Multiple Crafted Mods thing on, or you'll have to collect a Prophecy key set and get that craft yourself.

TTODewback wrote: »
    Ok melee friends, help me out here

The build is Chieftain two-hander, maces or staves, big AoE. Going to be running Shockwave support and fully converting to fire with Chieftain ascendancy + Xoph's (or just pathing up to Avatar of Fire.) The skill will presumably be Consecrated Path or TecSlam, or both. Pulverize support, etc.

The idea is to attack slowly enough that Shockwave support is hilariously efficient. The support triggers a Melee AoE Attack explosion every time you attack, with a 1 second internal cooldown that's reduced to something like 0.75 seconds ICD at level 20.

I want to never miss, but I need to figure out how to scale up this damage on the tree and on gear. For Mace nodes, the tree offers lots of AoE, stun duration, and some ailment damage. For staff nodes, there's a lot more crit and elemental damage, but it's all up by the Templar area.

Perhaps ignite? Drop a big slam, leave behind a big ignite?

you want to buy my sexy weird 2h mace? :winky:

@TTODewback mayyyyybe? I don't remember what all was on it.

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019

Yeah it's not totally out of the question to get a Shockwave proc on every other attack. If it's 1:1, then Shockwave is effectively a 143% more multiplier for Conc Path, or a 108% more multiplier for Tecslam (on uncharged attacks.) Cutting those numbers in half if it's 1:2, it's still a really strong support gem, just not hilariously strong.

You're almost certainly pathing up to the Templar area anyway (unless you buy a Xoph's Blood).

I struggled with Ignite scaling for Chieftain builds because there are already so many good more multipliers for frontloaded damage that you'd rather use. Just off the cuff you have

-Melee Physical Damage
    -Elemental Damage with Attacks
    -Fire Penetration
    -Pulverise
    -Added Fire Damage
    -Shockwave

For scaling, your two main options are

-Elemental Overload
    -Crit

Crit is viable, but it's also pretty awkward with a setup where you're planning to hit each pack exactly once. Chieftain has no crit scaling to speak of, and it's hard to break ~70% crit without being Inquisitor or Assassin, so something like slow Crit EQ can feel really clunky.

In both cases, you need to stack enough accuracy that you hit 100% of the time so that whiffing packs also doesn't feel like shit.

I think a lot of your endgame scaling comes from resistance debuffs - ele weakness on hit, Fire exposure, cover enemies in ash etc. There are also multiple sources of % phys added as fire you can leverage. One final option is to use Hatred + Cold to Fire + Avatar of Fire to get the full benefits of Hatred damage while still converting everything to fire - this works best with Ice Crash specifically.

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    My staff crit tect slam chief works great. I am sure there is room for improvement but it works for me. I use pulverize as I liked it more than the other options. Close combat didnt feel good. Multistrike feels like poop. Rage and Bezerk were fine but it was easier for me, and my bars, to just gem swap in pulverize and melee phys. I mean you will have Vaal DS for the single target and that works fine on a 5L.

One option you could also try is grabbing is a Nghamahus Flame. I used one in my Conc Path dude in Delve and it worked great. The axe carries builds with the balls of fire and all I had to do to make it feel good was go max attack speed. You could slow it down how you want to with pulverize but you couldnt do shock wave with it. It would be a good canidate for rage/bezerk however.

The nghamahu is a lot of fun. I really liked it with cyclone. Does that combo still work or did the rework on cyclone mess it up?

It should still work great with cyclone.

just liquidated most of my t4-t9 maps for C

and turned all my jewllers into fusings into EX

doctor #7 is in sight today!

J3qcnBP.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    yeah ngamahu is still one of the main builds for cyclone
    it's what I use. I'm up to T10 maps right now. I could probably push higher but i want to get leveled up and dying kind of prohibits that

i keep forgetting to make my stash tab public so i can post it on here.

Bless your heart.
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Curious, but is there any good way to mitigate elemental reflect with a Ngamahu cycloner?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    edited June 2019
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Curious, but is there any good way to mitigate elemental reflect with a Ngamahu cycloner?

Scour and Orb of Alchemy
    or
    Chaos Orb

:lol:

I think there is a unique that negates reflect but wearing it would nerf you in every other way
    Edit: nah elemental reflect is only the skill in the elementalist tree. otherwise take Yugul in the pantheon tree to help with it if you really want to roll elemental reflect

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • hushhush Registered User regular
    hush wrote: »

Yeah, I've done all that, most recently for Cold DoT but it's the same principle.

So multimodding a wand is going to cost 2ex and some small change, or 3ex and small change if you want the highest tier of cast speed. So any finished wand you see is going to represent that cost, plus the crafter's profit. The rest of the cost is getting and isolating a high tier of DoT Multi. You can craft DoT Multi but only in pretty low amounts.

The T1 and T2 affixes for Dot Multi are rareeeeeee so it's mostly grinding Alterations. And then when you hit it, you have to Regal it, and if the Regal isn't good you'll need to Annul once or twice. Plus you have to pay for the base, but an ilvl 78 Opal Wand is entirely sufficient and only costs an alchemy orb so pfft.

If you feel like putting in the effort, you'll probably get the wand for cheaper if you make it on your own. But you'll either have to find someone who can put the Multiple Crafted Mods thing on, or you'll have to collect a Prophecy key set and get that craft yourself.

awesome, thanks for the info - sidenote if anyone needs it, I do have the multimod craft (unsure how rare it is in this league)

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet

Other than being elementalist the only way is to lessen the reflected dmg. The reflected damage comes back at you just like you dealt it though so that can be a pain. So the damage can be evaded or blocked. But if you have, say, RT that means the hit cant be evaded. etc. There is reduced reflected nodes on the tree and in one of the paragon nodes as well.

Most people that go elemental just reroll or sell the elemental reflect maps though as its easier heh.

So, PoB being online is going to be awful for my work productivity, but at least now I have a full PoB for my facebreaker character.

https://pastebin.com/ULf0MGjr

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TTODewback/characters
    SouthernBiscuits is this league char if you want to see what I'm doing with ngamahu's flame and cyclone. ignore the val skill screw up I forgot to swap my vaal cyclone back with my regular one.
    I have a carcass jack im rolling for 6link on the chest and saving up for a dewhatever devotion helm

Bless your heart.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    vaal cyclone is the greatest thing ever until you suck up an entire map worth of elites and realize you cannot move oh god oh god I cant move
    *explodes*

Phaaasing

fuck gendered marketing
    Elldren wrote: »
    *explodes*

Phraaasing

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    *explodes*

hdihi21t3o0t.png

Other than being elementalist the only way is to lessen the reflected dmg. The reflected damage comes back at you just like you dealt it though so that can be a pain. So the damage can be evaded or blocked. But if you have, say, RT that means the hit cant be evaded. etc. There is reduced reflected nodes on the tree and in one of the paragon nodes as well.

Most people that go elemental just reroll or sell the elemental reflect maps though as its easier heh.

There is something to be said for running elementalist/slayer ascendant for a ngamahu’s build tho

fuck gendered marketing
    Iw know phasing doesn’t do anything and also I don’t think you can leap slam
    It roots you in place

Bless your heart.
    I am disappointed that facebreaker can't run Leap Slam v.v

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular

We live in a strange new age where flame dash is now good! The loss doesnt hurt as much anymore. You also get to use a shield and deidbellow shield charge around, which is pretty fun!

Fiatil wrote: »

We live in a strange new age where flame dash is now good! The loss doesnt hurt as much anymore. You also get to use a shield and deidbellow shield charge around, which is pretty fun!

Also dash is totally a skill

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.