As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I've been chilling at tier 19. It's incredibly easy to just float at this level and keep getting pretty good rewards.
    Fae with Null C-Disrupt still stomps a good 90% of defense teams by herself.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I use my SS4 Caineghis buffed by Reyson to tank most things. Deathblow 3 Yune can tank Ophelia or nuke nearly anything.

Also have a +HP Loki that I use to snare mages, and a +7 null C disrupt Hawkeye I've been working on. During light season he has enough HP and Res to use glimmer with his slaying axe and kill most threats.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Yeah, the best part about aether raids is how easy it is to maintain. Tier 21 is even better because after that, the tier-ups become so much narrower that you can pretty easily tier up to 23 or 24 without stressing too much, and it's nothing to stay 21. 90% of my offenses rely on Aversa debuffing and then LAzura flinging +9 Myrrh up into their midst and tanking the entire team, sometimes after Reinhardt scoops an easy one. The other 10% are vantage close counter Micaiah.

Seeing the prevalence of certain units in team compositions of Aether Raids and Arena makes me wish there was a mode where neither team was allowed a dancer.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I'm stuck at aether raids rank 18, but that's because I haven't bothered to construct a team of characters that work well together and I'm just using the strongest individual characters I have

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    https://youtu.be/sgnIHep6ieU

Also Cynthia GHB. Is that all the children now?

Edit: Nope, I guess FU Laurent. To be fair, you're the one I always forget exists too :P Technically Severa isn't in the game either but I mean, Selena is, so she kinda is (but hey, Owain got his chance to not be Odin)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I'm getting to the point that I'm barely maintaining 19. My V!Lyn/Surtr/F!Olivia core just totally stopped working a month or two ago and I'm not sure where to start with a replacement.

I might try a team around (-DEF/+HP)Caineghis, but I'm worried that without built-in guard or color advantage he won't actually be tanky enough. Also a team with no ranged attackers is very alien to me. Also-also I'd have to commit my only spare Armor March to a -res Fallen Robin, who I'm pretty unsure of (or Durga, but he has his unique C skill).

I could try something with my +res Micaiah, but archers are starting to come back into vogue and she can't do much to fliers or infantry.

I could maybe build a Fae or something, but the constant dragon power creep makes me wary about committing resources to such an old one.

I only got one Nailah (at great expense), so null counter disrupt inheritance isn't an option. I don't have a lot of good inheritance fodder generally.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Heh, I just realized they gave Yarne Escape Route very deliberately. That's funny. When I first saw I thought they were saddling him with shit abilities but no, this one's a thematic skill (because Yarne's a friggin coward)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Barrier Lance+, RIP Berkut's Lance.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Hah, the glimpse of Nah's chapter intro calls out her odd name, though it really more applies to her Japanese one.

• Options
    One other note about AR offense. My Nailah is +res -spd, and I actually use her to tank sometimes. The key was replacing moonbow with noontime and then giving her deflect magic 3. This lets her beat Veronica and Reinhardt.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Hah, the glimpse of Nah's chapter intro calls out her odd name, though it really more applies to her Japanese one.

Complaining about her weird name is the first thing she does in Awakening.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Does anyone else yawn when a new unit has AR skills?

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    One other note about AR offense. My Nailah is +res -spd, and I actually use her to tank sometimes. The key was replacing moonbow with noontime and then giving her deflect magic 3. This lets her beat Veronica and Reinhardt.
    How tight are the margins on that? Mine is -HP/+SPD (with access to Distant Guard from Caineghis, potentially).

• Options
    Pretty tight. The res being a superboon helps. She will nearly always kill Veronica on the counter with the +10 special bonus. Same for firesweep Lyn. Occasionally some super maxed out Rein with +10 and DB4 will tag her after a Veronica debuff and kill her, but deflect magic goes a long way. I gave her some dragon flowers too.

• Options
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Complaining about her weird name is the first thing she does in Awakening.
    Ah, forgot about that, been some time since I last played it.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Do I want any of these heroes? Nah.

Do I have any orbs? Nah :cry:

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Yarne would be perfect juicy fodder for my +7 Naesala. Atk/spd solo and galeforce. Not willing to go HAM for him, but I'll go green on free summons.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    New update is out. New refines are... meh... Also they took Kagero's Infantry Effectiveness away T_T

Edit: Also new character datamined.
    https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/feh-content-update-060619-future-past
    Seems to be named Thor?
    Guessing she is sister to Loki, especially since the two look super similar.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Elincia didn't need Swift Sparrow but I'll take it.

While we're buffing great units, may as well give Cordelia a Prf.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Also Thor is sibs with Loki in mythology. Only he's the good one. Wonder if she will be too.

Wouldnt sleep on that Saizo refine, looks like he would be nuts with CC. I'm ok with Oscar's but it doesn't compare to the very best ones.

• Options
    Also Thor is sibs with Loki in mythology. Only he's the good one. Wonder if she will be too.

Wouldnt sleep on that Saizo refine, looks like he would be nuts with CC. I'm ok with Oscar's but it doesn't compare to the very best ones.

Yeah that is my assumption. I imagine she's gonna be someone we summon before too long.

• Options
    Forging Bonds
    Kjelle can't believe how badly BK beat her. Don't worry girl, he's +10 and he's got WoM3.

• Options
    In my limited quest for a Yarne, I ended up with a Nah. -hp +spd. I'll use her during her initial bonus run, but I have no attachment to the character.

Kinda torn on whether bonus doubler or infantry breath is the real prize inheritance. Infantry breath is probably too janky to be used well by Defense AI, and not sure if the positioning requirements make it worthwhile in player hands. Well I'm sure it's better than a lot of C skills, but I'm not sure I have a unit that screams out for it.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    New Calendar is out
    a6kgcrv66acz.png

Edit: God damn, I finally took a really good look at this. Holy crap that is a lot of banners!

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Woohoo, chill skills! Come on Tibarn! Maybe Kliff or Ylgr and Sue as well.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Now that it's been a few weeks, does anyone know how the hell scoring in Allegiance Battles works? I figured out the actual battle scoring, but outside of that is it just multiple runs for the synergy bonus?

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Now that it's been a few weeks, does anyone know how the hell scoring in Allegiance Battles works? I figured out the actual battle scoring, but outside of that is it just multiple runs for the synergy bonus?

Yes, it's super complicated. Lemme see if I can explain it. Score is determined by:
    -Normal Arena BST crap
    -Kill *everything* you can with a pair up hero for max points
    -Kill red with blue, blue with green, green with red, colorless with colorless
    -Don't lose any heroes

You get a LOT more score for killing with a pair up hero (right now, that is literally only L!Roy, L!Alm, and whoever is 4th in your party). It can be either the main hero or their pair up partner, doesn't matter. In order to maximize score you want to do this every kill if possible and do the color matching thing as well. This counts *waaaaaaaaaaay* more than Arena BST, so don't worry if you don't have a +10 Alm or something (and if you don't have any of them, just try to get as many kills as you can with the 4th slot heroes)

I have no fucking clue what Synergy is. I just ignore it. I guess as long as 3 ppl on your friends list are getting 800+ scores (or maybe only one needs to? I dunno) and you are doing the mode every week you get max whatever this bonus is. I dunno if it's a multiplier or what.

But yeah, can't emphasize enough that killing with the pair up heroes is insanely important. It's worth so many points (color matching is worth a lot too). Be sure to pick pair up partners and a friend pair up so you have good color coverage. Right now it's annoying cuz I have L!Tiki as dead weight on my team. After the Legendary Banner hits later this month I'll have 3 Pair Up eligible heroes so I can dump her and worry less about her getting in the way. Should also make it easier to match the colors if I have two more options.

Edit: And just now I read the part where you said you get the normal scoring. Doh. Oh well. But yeah, Synergy goes up 1 per week as long as you play the mode. And your friends need to get 800+ score for whatever that thing is (I think points = their score / 100, so 800 = 8 points which is max). Like I said, I have no idea how this effects things, I just automatically max it out every week anyways by having friends that score ok and playing.

Edit 2: Ok, it's additive. I just looked at mine - I haven't touched the mode yet this week so my base score is 0 (I usually don't bother until the weekend cuz it's a pain in the ass). However, I currently have a score of 57 -> Synergy Bonus 8 + Friend Bonus 24 + Quest Bonus 25 (I think this is just cumulative kills of the target hero across your friends list to fill up the bar) = 57 points.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Soooo... This was in my YouTube suggestions... Umm.. Fuck.. I'm gonna spoiler flag this because I kind of think he's right and the thumbnail is a bit of a spoiler too if so... Basically this video is a theory as to where the Book 3 story is going:
    This makes a shit ton of sense. Like, WAY too much sense..

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Nice, free pull on the revival banner got me Delthea, the one I still didn't have yet.

• Options
    Been on a string of really bad summoning luck. Free pulls have been pure trash for a long time. Up to 180 orbs and hoping it is enough for even 1 focus five star when I do decide to use em!

Looking forward to the new mode tomorrow, should spice things up. The music for it is great.

• Options
    Been on a string of really bad summoning luck. Free pulls have been pure trash for a long time. Up to 180 orbs and hoping it is enough for even 1 focus five star when I do decide to use em!

Looking forward to the new mode tomorrow, should spice things up. The music for it is great.

Yeah my luck has been kind of bad lately too. Last mythic banner especially I was supposed to just get Naga and dip and I spent sooooooooooooooooooo many orbs before she showed up.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    My F2P orbs finally rolled a copy of Nah (+RES/-ATK)!

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Didn't expect the Rokkr Sieges intro to have portentous lore drops.

Is this what Book IV is going to be about? Storming Asgard, fighting the gods, killing Odin?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Rokkr sieges is pretty fun, although I think armor units are going to be nigh useless.

• Options
    I used a bunch of armor units with fighter skills and aether. They wrecked house. But it seems to not matter much at all, because obtaining max rewards was trivial.

I guess you can go nuts fighting over a few hundred ranking feathers, but ... Ain't nobody got time for that shit.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I found the benefit to armor units were bold fighter and aether. I think the most damage I was able to do on intermediate was around 55k. I also learned something using brave bows vs Claire. If she has no HP left (1), you cannot drain HP back using noontime or what have you.

Neat mode though.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I feel like I don't quite understand the mode. Maybe I just need a better team to use... (edit: More specifically, how to succeed/get a high score)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    yea I didn't really get it.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Fuuuuuuuck.

I forgot to give Fjorm a light blessing in my first Aether Raid battle this week, and I didn't bother hitting aether buildings yesterday because I mistakenly thought it was the last day of the season.

I'm 96 points shy of 21 with 45 aether in the tank.

That was probably my last chance to ever get 21. Bridal Fjorm as a bonus unit, Panic Manor as the bonus building, and light season is probably the most optimal setup I could ever hope for.