As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    I am disappointed that facebreaker can't run Leap Slam v.v

We live in a strange new age where flame dash is now good! The loss doesnt hurt as much anymore. You also get to use a shield and deidbellow shield charge around, which is pretty fun!

Also dash is totally a skill

Dash is, but it won't let you jump over the same things, and also doesn't look/feel as cool.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I am disappointed that facebreaker can't run Leap Slam v.v

I want to punch the ground

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    new plan: 50% more aura effect 50% aura effect level 34 smite mjolner elementalist summoner

a mere 1-1500 flat lightning to everything there's no way this can go wrong

obF2Wuw.png
    new plan: 50% more aura effect 50% aura effect level 34 smite mjolner elementalist summoner

I have an idea that revolves around doing this with Phantasms and all the projectiles

Ideally Soulwrest but that level 30 Smite mace is more realistic?

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Curious, but is there any good way to mitigate elemental reflect with a Ngamahu cycloner?

When I ran it... I think it was breach... I used the reduced reflect pantheon and Sybil's Lament. Between those two and some life steal, I was able to do reflect maps pretty easy.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular

Skeletons scale pretty phenomenally with flat ele.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019

I have an idea that revolves around doing this with Phantasms and all the projectiles

with soulwrest you go victarios with empower level 21 smite in the chest, it scales with the generosity

also wrath

so the phantasms get 50% more spell damage and the flat 1-1000 from the smite

v chonksome

then u go avatar of fire ele euqiliubrium so when u smite u give em 50% pen then run dual charge blood magic chieftains to give em 600% crit 12% more damage 45% caast speed chonksome

if u dont wanna go soulwrest u could actually go 6l pledge of hands stick ur phantasms in that so they get the POWERFUL MULTICASTS OF DOOOOOOOM

or even necro aegis light of lunaris, run 2 charge spectres, stick em in a minion elder helm or get a thicc 7l caster one-hander w/ spell echo + efficacy + inc crit damage + lmp like a true wizard ALL IS POSSIBLE IN THE WORLD OF WIZARDS

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Yeah as neat as dash felt, it just seems like a less good flame dash? Maybe I'm missing something, but the distance is a lot better, and storing up 3 charges is sweet.

I feel so weird pumping up flame dash. 3.7 is madness.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    You basically have to have blink or leap slam in a spare weapon for labs and maps like the Pillars unique map.
    Which I didn't know the Pillars map existed until Zana offered it as a quest

Bless your heart.
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Pillars of Arun needs to go with Death and Taxes on maps that need the Cowards Trial treatment.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Pillars of Arun needs to go with Death and Taxes on maps that need the Cowards Trial treatment.

I have no idea what you just said.

Bless your heart.

with soulwrest you go victarios with empower level 21 smite in the chest, it scales with the generosity

also wrath

so the phantasms get 50% more spell damage and the flat 1-1000 from the smite

v chonksome

then u go avatar of fire ele euqiliubrium so when u smite u give em 50% pen then run dual charge blood magic chieftains to give em 600% crit 12% more damage 45% caast speed chonksome

Hype Apes were part of the plan. I hadn't thought about Victario's Charity, that's legit. AoF + EE shenanigans just makes sense. Although you can get EE from using Volatile Dead I think so you don't have to Smite as often.

Probably want increased duration and a Vigil jewel

This could work.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    edited June 2019
    So, PoB being online is going to be awful for my work productivity, but at least now I have a full PoB for my facebreaker character.

https://pastebin.com/ULf0MGjr

Can anyone look at the PoB and make sure I didn't do something real dumb? Or that I haven't built a stupid expensive thing?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

I have no idea what you just said.

Cowards Trial got reworked. It's gone from dated tile sets to gorgeous layout and the mob density has been greatly increased (around 3200 mobs in the one I ran).

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Dash is nice because you dont really want to put supports on it, so it frees up slots if you are high move speed, as it seems to work the same regardless what you do. And it doesnt seem to fall under the same problems as other movement skills that leave you in a iffy area in travel. Like with leap slam leap out of a lot of puddle dmg it is still dmging you while you are in the air.

Edit: I just watched Mathil's last vod on viper strike. Should have done that build I guess looks like it works good and the buy in is as cheap as I remember. I was 50/50 on that as my starter.

Jubal77 on
    Now I'm thinking of switching from using shield charge CoH to Consecrated Path, and then dropping increased AoE from Ancestral Chieftain and putting Dash on that item instead.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Elemental Overload, my build calls for it, but I'm curious when I should take it? It seems like something you need certain stat thresholds to make it stronger than just having crits, but I could be reading it wrong?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited June 2019
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Speaking of Elemental Overload, my build calls for it, but I'm curious when I should take it? It seems like something you need certain stat thresholds to make it stronger than just having crits, but I could be reading it wrong?

Well it lasts 8 seconds so even with 10-20% crit the odds are on your side you will have it up all the time if you are constantly dmging things. Other than that its a straight multiplier so really nice.

Jubal77 on
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    The threshold for EO is if you're not building crit and dealing lots of elemental damage. Something like the MS juggernaut would get EO. Crit requires a lot of investment usually, while EO is a single keystone.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    edited June 2019
    The next set of changes/fixes for Legion.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542421

Saldonas on
    The trade api being a shit show still really sucks. Rather than farm it out to web interface with scanners and aggregators and the masses destroying it every league start now they could perhaps use a superior option of in game implementation with simple buy out/bid tags.... but that is just me.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    just liquidated most of my t4-t9 maps for C

and turned all my jewllers into fusings into EX

doctor #7 is in sight today!

my fusings are lucky!!!!

syDL9dO.png

jn4ff80.png

DR2GEuR.png

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

J3qcnBP.png
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    The trade api being a shit show still really sucks. Rather than farm it out to web interface with scanners and aggregators and the masses destroying it every league start now they could perhaps use a superior option of in game implementation with simple buy out/bid tags.... but that is just me.

We could only hope that they do something to improve the trade system of this game for 4.0.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Bladestorm's initial hit doesn't actually hit.

Kind of a big miss there.
    We're aware that many players are feeling frustrated that some on-kill mechanics don't currently interact nicely with Legion, including the explosions from Gratuitous Violence on the Gladiator's Ascendancy Skill Tree, in addition to a few other Ascendancy skills. We are beginning the process of enabling ones that can be enabled and will make a list of those that can't be enabled due to technical limitations. This is quite a complex development process so we don't have any specifics to report just yet but will keep you updated as the work continues on these.

Need to see the list of what they're unable to get working but given that they disabled almost everything but ED I'm assuming it's large. I'm enjoying this league but this should have been a non starter. Like how does that idea make it out of the initial planning process.

Carpy on
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I've done about 30 shaper guardians on my ED trickster. I was a little worried about them from the last time I played ED which was ages ago, but they have been quite easy. I think it's actually the strongest character against hydra and phoenix that I've ever played. I did die once to Chimera's fireball spitting dog, I forgot to get in melee range to prevent the fireball shotgun death and was punished for it.

I'm still having fun playing ED, not sure if I should put more currency in the build or not, we'll see. Not quite sure what I want to play next.

Haven't tried uber elder yet, I might try it now since I've just leveled.

Sad to see the double flame dash fix isn't in for this week, that has almost gotten me killed twice.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Rius' ED/Blight Uber Elder kill, in shiny 1440p/60

One death (and one dropping to ~100 hp, lul) which really could have been avoided if I weren't trying to be so fancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf9J5TYtNVA&feature=youtu.be

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    So, I bought missing four Porcupine cards to make a short bow tonight, turned in, then colored it to 3b 2g 1r in about 70 chromes. After that was the fun process of rolling Paragon on it. The first time it was Paragon and an affix, which I annuled off. Then I regaled and tried to annul of the regal mob but failed. Take two I had the same thing, but anuled off the paragon on the first go. Take three was just paragon, which I regalled and annuled off the regal mod.

Then I found a crafter and paid him 3 divine to craft up my bow with 4 ex, 8 c, and 3 alc in mods, giving me:

d7yrjvrb7dx1.png

The total cost was 40c for the four porcupine cards (I had 2), around 600 alts bought for ~95 chaos, 4 annuls at 11c each, 3 divine at 11c each as tips, and 4ex+9c for crafting, or about 6 exalts. The bow itself is worth ~8 ex, so totally a worthwhile investment.

I went from 104k dps on ED (unbuffed) to 218k dps. I went from 10,450 es to 9500 es, so around a 1k es loss. But very worth it, as my regen gain is based on dot dps.

Eventually I will save up for a lvl 4 empower and 21/20 ed and gain 2 more levels to my total damage, and some of my supports are leveling from recent flips. I expect I will hit ~250k dot dps, 300k w/ flasks.

Rius wrote: »
    Rius' ED/Blight Uber Elder kill, in shiny 1440p/60

One death (and one dropping to ~100 hp, lul) which really could have been avoided if I weren't trying to be so fancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf9J5TYtNVA&feature=youtu.be

Jeez, Shaper is on crack now.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Hitting 60s at act 8 (I know I’m slow) abd after cruel lab my cold conversion/HoI cyclone build is really starting to shape up.

I’ve got 28% cold pen on like 20k tooltip cold dps and about a 40% freeze chance for HoI with proliferate and it’s finally starting to actually explode things in waves

Super happy to see they’re going to make legion mobs freezable next patch which will help a lot for my clearing on league content

fuck gendered marketing
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Yesterday, I found a crafter to put -9 mana cost of skills on my ring, bought a new belt and two new jewels, dinged 91, found an exalt and a The Nurse card, knocked out another 15-20 maps on the atlas including most reds, and picked up Memory Fragments V-VIII.

I also annuled a 97 life roll off of what would have been a multi-ex Stygian Vise (50/50 to hit a bad mod), wasted another 60c trying to recraft same belt before giving up and buying one that was almost strictly worse, and got one-shot by the same Maraketh rare three times through 6k life, fortify, flasks, Soul of Steel, and various Champion defensive layers.

Chris Wilson giveth, and Chris Wilson taketh away!

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    Does anyone know what it's referring to in 'Encounters V' when it says an 'Offering of Judgement'? I thought it might be the green laser but nope.

• Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Does anyone know what it's referring to in 'Encounters V' when it says an 'Offering of Judgement'? I thought it might be the green laser but nope.

I think it is the big purple AOE degen move

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So I finally got to the "maps" portion of doing things. WOO!

Also got down the last ascendancy lab (I think? Is the last one where you don't need a regent for it?). I tried a 25% physical reflect on my juggernaut this was a bad idea

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    turns out i hate spark =[

J3qcnBP.png
    There are 4 labs. The fourth one requires you to find 8(?) different trials that randomly spawn in maps.

Preacher wrote: »

Also got down the last ascendancy lab (I think? Is the last one where you don't need a regent for it?). I tried a 25% physical reflect on my juggernaut this was a bad idea

woo welcome to true PoE!!!

last ascendancy is lvl 75 and found in maps to unlock trials. you need an offering to the goddess to open it (they come from trials)

yes, reflect is a scary mod for 90% of builds. its often better to just scour/re-alch the map if you get a reflect you cant do vs trying it!

J3qcnBP.png

last ascendancy is lvl 75 and found in maps to unlock trials. you need an offering to the goddess to open it (they come from trials)

yes, reflect is a scary mod for 90% of builds. its often better to just scour/re-alch the map if you get a reflect you cant do vs trying it!

Also, depending on the build, no leach and or no regen.

Yeah I got to the boss but like as a physical damage juggie it was like "nope this was a bad idea."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Finally have some time to play. My plan to go softcore is out so I have a feeling lots of dying ahead and not at the usual late 80s and early 90s. All the HC peeps seem to be playing cyclone or essence drain. Anyone have any ideas out of the meta that is probably channeling or dot and doesn't use leapslam, which is toxic on xbox. How bad was the HoA nerf? Is ES really trash now for early league/budget characters?

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    I do have to say there was a new patch yesterday on xbox? God damn it makes picking up like multiple items a pain in the ass. You're character will instead do your a button move if you try and like grab currency on the ground rapid fire. It feels like a bug, but I have no idea.

Also seems to come up with locking you into like swinging your weapon without button presses or requiring you to hit a to a nearby object like a conversation to actually move.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.