As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Board Games] Cardboard Action at a Distance

• Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    I've always played Carcassone as a nice game where everyone can debate where a tile would be best placed as nobody has any 'in hand' hidden information.

The idea of tile counting to work out what is left in the bag beyond the most superficial estimate sounds like taking it far too seriously.

When we play, each player is allowed to throw in and/or take out a random number of tiles to reduce tile counting. We have a bunch of expansions, so if my wife throws in a bunch of random tiles from Princess and the Dragon and we aren't playing that expansion, the extra rules are ignored.

We played on Father's Day and had a blast. Tonight we get to try the set collection Museum game we kickstarted.

NNID = Zepp914
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Speaking of riddle games, has anyone looked into the Mysterious Package Company?

Crazy mail order mystery packages ranging from $50-$300. My friend had an anonymous person buy one for him and the thing just showed up on his doorstep one day. Some Cthulhu mythos themed around him being an investigator looking into an ancient one cult. Had a letter from a fake package company announcing that they had just found this "lost" item meant for him. Inside was

minor spoilers
    a hand-written note from "a friend" with the usual "If you're reading this, it means I've failed but I'm leaving my notes with you etc etc." Rolled up papyrus scrolls with symbols scribbled all over them. A giant half cracked metal coin. 19th century newspaper clippings. Star charts. Old timey photographs of creepy cult groups.

Slightly bigger spoiler
    The whole thing comes in 3 packages sent about a week apart. One week included a photograph of cult members wearing burlap sacks over their heads with creepy faces painted on them. Next week was a giant wooden crate on the doorstep that needed a hammer to pry and break open. Inside was one of the same creepy face sacks. Inside the sacks was a wood/resin carved Cthulhu idol.

A month later and he still doesn't know who sent it.

I was looking into checking out one of the cheaper ones.

Like someone else said, there should be a 'reveal' envelope at the end. I don't believe there's even an opt-out for that, though you could maybe put in a fake name.

I've done two Mysterious Package Company packages - The Weeping Book and The King in Yellow.
    There's no 'game' or anything to it. You get (a) letter(s) from a weird source with story content and then a nailed-shut wooden crate (smaller than a breadbox but still wood and nailed shut) containing the 'artifact' for the story along with more content.

Spoilers for The Weeping Book as an example
    The initial letter described a scenario with a missing kid and came with some realistic documents (a letter and newspaper clippings, all in an envelope containing another envelope with convincing mud stains and wrinkling). The crate had the book (a convincingly distressed journal containing 'handwritten' (actually printed and bound) pages), a metal amulet with a hemp rope cord, and a missing person poster, as I recall.

The stories were pretty good overall but it's a fully passive experience. I tried leaving out the crates with all the documents and stuff in them on my coffee table but I don't think anyone was ever curious enough to look, much less read it all. It'd probably be pretty cool if you didn't know it was coming but not that much fun to buy for yourself.

Ah

Yeah. I actually went over my friend's house yesterday to finally team up for the "mystery" of his mysterious package thing. I'm not sure if it was The King in Yellow, although it involved him.
    The one with the prop of a Hastur(?) idol with the burlap sack over it and face painted on

I thought there would be some mystery to unravel with all the stuff. All the clippings are just atmosphere stuff to read. I dunno, the prop quality is good, but the writing or way it comes together is...eh? It seems like for pure atmosphere of reading a Lovecraftian story through journal entries, you'd be better off just reading Jerusalem's Lot.

There is one decoding puzzle to it though.
    Using a star chart to decode a bunch of symbols left on scrolls. You have to look at a sheet showing a bunch of fictional constellations, then find those constellations on a star chart. Like, actually find each of 27 fictional constellation on a full night sky star chart and pick out each one based purely on shape clusters without the aid of outlines. Imagine the pain in the ass of locating two dozen fictional constellations in the sky.

It's not a puzzle where the trick is going "ah ha!" and having everything come together. It's one of those puzzles where you quickly realize what you have to do (three documents outright tell you what to do), but the trick is that it's going to take a lot of time consuming grunt work. After an hour, we had gotten one quarter through it when we looked at each other and went, "This feels like homework." Screw it, we said before going to play video games instead.

I dunno. Maybe one of these days I'll hire a day laborer to finish the rest of it for us. I get the feeling it's going to be a "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine" moment though.

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I think there have been a few subtle changes in scoring between editions

I don't know how it is now, but there definitely used to be differences in scoring between the American version and the European version.

Being neither American or European, with distribution supply chains in both directions, you used to be able to buy both versions here and unless you
    a) cared, and
    b) looked over the box carefully
    You might randomly end up with either.

Which is why my version has different scoring rules to my best friend's.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I played Carcassone for the first time in a long time last night

You know what game still works like a goddamn charm? Carcassone! Some games are classics for a reason, turns out

I played Cartagena with my 3-year-old the other day, and had a blast.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Speaking of riddle games, has anyone looked into the Mysterious Package Company?

Crazy mail order mystery packages ranging from $50-$300. My friend had an anonymous person buy one for him and the thing just showed up on his doorstep one day. Some Cthulhu mythos themed around him being an investigator looking into an ancient one cult. Had a letter from a fake package company announcing that they had just found this "lost" item meant for him. Inside was

minor spoilers
    a hand-written note from "a friend" with the usual "If you're reading this, it means I've failed but I'm leaving my notes with you etc etc." Rolled up papyrus scrolls with symbols scribbled all over them. A giant half cracked metal coin. 19th century newspaper clippings. Star charts. Old timey photographs of creepy cult groups.

Slightly bigger spoiler
    The whole thing comes in 3 packages sent about a week apart. One week included a photograph of cult members wearing burlap sacks over their heads with creepy faces painted on them. Next week was a giant wooden crate on the doorstep that needed a hammer to pry and break open. Inside was one of the same creepy face sacks. Inside the sacks was a wood/resin carved Cthulhu idol.

Like someone else said, there should be a 'reveal' envelope at the end. I don't believe there's even an opt-out for that, though you could maybe put in a fake name.

I've done two Mysterious Package Company packages - The Weeping Book and The King in Yellow.
    There's no 'game' or anything to it. You get (a) letter(s) from a weird source with story content and then a nailed-shut wooden crate (smaller than a breadbox but still wood and nailed shut) containing the 'artifact' for the story along with more content.

The initial letter described a scenario with a missing kid and came with some realistic documents (a letter and newspaper clippings, all in an envelope containing another envelope with convincing mud stains and wrinkling). The crate had the book (a convincingly distressed journal containing 'handwritten' (actually printed and bound) pages), a metal amulet with a hemp rope cord, and a missing person poster, as I recall.

The stories were pretty good overall but it's a fully passive experience. I tried leaving out the crates with all the documents and stuff in them on my coffee table but I don't think anyone was ever curious enough to look, much less read it all. It'd probably be pretty cool if you didn't know it was coming but not that much fun to buy for yourself.

Ah

Yeah. I actually went over my friend's house yesterday to finally team up for the "mystery" of his mysterious package thing. I'm not sure if it was The King in Yellow, although it involved him.
    The one with the prop of a Hastur(?) idol with the burlap sack over it and face painted on

I thought there would be some mystery to unravel with all the stuff. All the clippings are just atmosphere stuff to read. I dunno, the prop quality is good, but the writing or way it comes together is...eh? It seems like for pure atmosphere of reading a Lovecraftian story through journal entries, you'd be better off just reading Jerusalem's Lot.

Using a star chart to decode a bunch of symbols left on scrolls. You have to look at a sheet showing a bunch of fictional constellations, then find those constellations on a star chart. Like, actually find each of 27 fictional constellation on a full night sky star chart and pick out each one based purely on shape clusters without the aid of outlines. Imagine the pain in the ass of locating two dozen fictional constellations in the sky.

It's not a puzzle where the trick is going "ah ha!" and having everything come together. It's one of those puzzles where you quickly realize what you have to do (three documents outright tell you what to do), but the trick is that it's going to take a lot of time consuming grunt work. After an hour, we had gotten one quarter through it when we looked at each other and went, "This feels like homework." Screw it, we said before going to play video games instead.

I dunno. Maybe one of these days I'll hire a day laborer to finish the rest of it for us. I get the feeling it's going to be a "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine" moment though.

That's not the King in Yellow but there are currently two Hastur-based stories with a third in an ongoing Kickstarter so presumably it's the other one. I don't recall the title.

The puzzle thing sounds similar to the time someone bought me the first month of one of the Hunt a Killer cases. There were a number of fairly obvious puzzles that mostly were a matter of laboriously decoding things and the reward was basically more atmosphere information (despite being called 'hunt a killer', at least the one I had and based on the meta-text I'm guessing all of them, you already know what the crime was and who the killer is from the outset and it's more a 'cleverly decode these messages to find out more about why they did it').

I enjoy the whole narrative-experience-with-props genre that seems to be cropping up more instances around the interwebs but something that's legitimately a game, or at least something akin to an escape room or ARG where you have to work things out or outwit a web app or something to move on to the next phase, would be more likely to earn my continued entertainment dollars...

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Second game of Scythe under my belt.

3 player this time. I came 2nd, with the winner beating our total coins combined.

I drew the expansion trap faction. About halfway through the game I realized how much I had screwed up both their playstyle, and the agricultural player mat. A last ditch charge to get some combat wins was the only reason I was in contention.

...I have no bloody clue how you can be expansionist and get the popularity star.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    What does it mean to be expansionist?Scythe is about efficiently building an engine and about point salad, right? Every dollar you don't get from upgrading and taking the best bottom actions is a point lost.

Expansionist would be trying to get lots of hexes at the highest popularity tier? I'm not sure I would prioritize going up from 13 to 18. I'd rather hit 13 on the last turn and have more dollars. It doesn't take many actions to earn you coins equivalent to a star

sig.gif
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

3 player this time. I came 2nd, with the winner beating our total coins combined.

I drew the expansion trap faction. About halfway through the game I realized how much I had screwed up both their playstyle, and the agricultural player mat. A last ditch charge to get some combat wins was the only reason I was in contention.

...I have no bloody clue how you can be expansionist and get the popularity star.

The popularity star is rarely worth it in my opinion. I like that it's an option, if you somehow manage to be a maniac that doesn't scrape into tier 3 right before the game ends, but it seems too detrimental to focus on it to that extent as it provides no tangible mid-game benefits.

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    What does it mean to be expansionist?Scythe is about efficiently building an engine and about point salad, right? Every dollar you don't get from upgrading and taking the best bottom actions is a point lost.

Expansionist would be trying to get lots of hexes at the highest popularity tier? I'm not sure I would prioritize going up from 13 to 18. I'd rather hit 13 on the last turn and have more dollars. It doesn't take many actions to earn you coins equivalent to a star

I think he just means amassing the most territories. But yeah, I agree that "expansionist" and "popular" run counter to each other in this game.

@Athenor you were playing the purple not-Japanese?

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah, exactly. I couldn't remember their names, so I didn't want to butcher it.

I lost like 7-8 resources to water dude, who used his lake walking to bypass the river safety I thought I'd set up.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Got Photosynthesis for my birthday! Didn't get to play it though because we had 6-7 players.
    Instead, we played Space Cadets: Dice Duel and had an amazing time! I hadn't played it before, but had picked it up at PAXU math trade/flea market.
    It was a rough intro, me reading the instructions while others listened, and I hate doing that. I only did it because they couldn't refuse to learn a game I picked out on my birthday. :D It's hard to get new games to the table. However, it's a fairly straightforward game and we just started playing and it clicked for everyone. First game went slow at first, then wham bam we're dead. Second game was completely different with each taking turns playing cat and mouse and blocking shots or taking hits.

All in all, a fun night and can't wait to force Photosynthesis to the table next. I assembled all the little trees so I'm eager to try it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Got Photosynthesis for my birthday! Didn't get to play it though because we had 6-7 players.
    Instead, we played Space Cadets: Dice Duel and had an amazing time! I hadn't played it before, but had picked it up at PAXU math trade/flea market.
    It was a rough intro, me reading the instructions while others listened, and I hate doing that. I only did it because they couldn't refuse to learn a game I picked out on my birthday. :D It's hard to get new games to the table. However, it's a fairly straightforward game and we just started playing and it clicked for everyone. First game went slow at first, then wham bam we're dead. Second game was completely different with each taking turns playing cat and mouse and blocking shots or taking hits.

All in all, a fun night and can't wait to force Photosynthesis to the table next. I assembled all the little trees so I'm eager to try it.

I need to pick up that. At tabletop day, I picked up a Christmas tree promo. Have no clue what it does, and frankly the snow on it would melt from the sun, but hey.. Christmas tree!

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

Be rusviet perhaps?
    Does this qualify:
    End Game
    FLqwH8il.png
    full size

Mats
    B7riboR.png
    3iHDfOp.png
    l6aHiRK.png
    tvE3hxG.png
    L7VM8hD.png

Discrider- Rusviet Union
    mindflare77- Crimea Khanate
    Preda- Saxon Empire
    AustinP0027- Republic of Polania
    Brody- Nordic Kingdoms

discrider on
    Nice, I'll need to check that out.

I also just now realized: I should have booked it to the factory and dropped a trap there.

edited June 2019
    The expansion factions were both a bit underpowered, last I checked. Certainly require a ton more planning than other factions to be effective.

They did just release them and the Invaders from Afar expansion for the digital version. Anyone still playing that? Is the multiplayer still completely dead?

MrBody on

minor spoilers

Slightly bigger spoiler

Ah

That's not the King in Yellow but there are currently two Hastur-based stories with a third in an ongoing Kickstarter so presumably it's the other one. I don't recall the title.

The puzzle thing sounds similar to the time someone bought me the first month of one of the Hunt a Killer cases. There were a number of fairly obvious puzzles that mostly were a matter of laboriously decoding things and the reward was basically more atmosphere information (despite being called 'hunt a killer', at least the one I had and based on the meta-text I'm guessing all of them, you already know what the crime was and who the killer is from the outset and it's more a 'cleverly decode these messages to find out more about why they did it').

I enjoy the whole narrative-experience-with-props genre that seems to be cropping up more instances around the interwebs but something that's legitimately a game, or at least something akin to an escape room or ARG where you have to work things out or outwit a web app or something to move on to the next phase, would be more likely to earn my continued entertainment dollars...

Any idea if their LA Homicide (Murder in LA LA Land, Lights Camera MURDER!) ones have more of an active mystery to figure out?

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

minor spoilers

Slightly bigger spoiler

Ah

Any idea if their LA Homicide (Murder in LA LA Land, Lights Camera MURDER!) ones have more of an active mystery to figure out?

No idea, sorry. I've only experience the two stories and don't know anyone who has done any of them.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    I think I'm officially in on the Arkham horror card game. I did a trade for the first cycle of mythos packs, a second core, the first 2 standalone scenarios, the Path to Carcosa deluxe expansion, and a playmat. Figure it will be harder to get trades for later cycles, but I feel pretty good about getting this much stuff without breaking the bank. Once I've played this stuff to death we'll see how my wife and I feel about dropping the $$$ to buy into another cycle of mythos packs. For now I think we've got more than enough to chew on.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    I think I'm officially in on the Arkham horror card game. I did a trade for the first cycle of mythos packs, a second core, the first 2 standalone scenarios, the Path to Carcosa deluxe expansion, and a playmat. Figure it will be harder to get trades for later cycles, but I feel pretty good about getting this much stuff without breaking the bank. Once I've played this stuff to death we'll see how my wife and I feel about dropping the $$$ to buy into another cycle of mythos packs. For now I think we've got more than enough to chew on.

Woo one of us one of us commme joiiiiiin ussss ah_pook

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

Now you need to get one of those wooden chests to hold all the cards and print out dividers! Yesss!

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    I got the broken Token thing with my initial cheap used core pickup (core, dunwich box, organiser, all sleeved in premium sleeves, $45) so I guess I just need dividers huh

I possibly ordered coin capsules...

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    I haven’t done the standalones yet (planning to in our Return to Dunwhich run). Is Dunwhich what you refer as the first cycle of mythos packs? If don i think core+Dunwhich+Carcosa is more than a fine was to start. You might be missing some cool player cards, but if you haven’t played it’s not like things are getting old for you anyway.

Has anyone played using the taboo list? They killed my poor boy machete. Enchanted Blade has done a pretty good job so far, just upgraded to the XP version. I’m kinda sad about switchblade since they just spoiled a 5 fight Rogue.

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I just have a long two row white card box for my player cards and I have either the 400 or 600 count white card boxes for each cycle. This system has worked great for literally everything so far all sleeved. I think maybe in another cycle my player cards might be in trouble, I could see taking the investigators out into another box to make it fit beyond.

I just use an app for the chaos bag. There is an excellent app for android that will also keep track of your campaign log for you which I actually really like since it prevented me from reading the other possible resolutions.

It's really rocketed up my favorite games list purely on the strength of solo play (one or two handed) and is great with a friend.

I currently have a Carcosa solo with Ursula Downs which is going well. I need to finish it up so I could start on the new cycle. I was going to wait for it to be fully out so I could churn through it but at the rate I play in a post-child world I'll be lucky if I'm caught up by pack six.

@Ah_Pook Did your cycle of the first mythos packs also come with the Dunwich deluxe? Wasn't sure if you meant that was included or not. You'll need it to start.

ChaosHat on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm gonna need to research what's up with Feast For Odin

I saw it at the shop and I know nothing about it other than the name, the "30 mins" playtime on the box really enticed me until I saw it was ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS

6F32U1X.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I saw it at the shop and I know nothing about it other than the name, the "30 mins" playtime on the box really enticed me until I saw it was ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS

Feast for Odin is a 5" thick box and every inch of it is stuffed with cardboard.

but it's not 30 minutes. The box probably says 30 minutes/player.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    I just have a long two row white card box for my player cards and I have either the 400 or 600 count white card boxes for each cycle. This system has worked great for literally everything so far all sleeved. I think maybe in another cycle my player cards might be in trouble, I could see taking the investigators out into another box to make it fit beyond.

I just use an app for the chaos bag. There is an excellent app for android that will also keep track of your campaign log for you which I actually really like since it prevented me from reading the other possible resolutions.

It's really rocketed up my favorite games list purely on the strength of solo play (one or two handed) and is great with a friend.

I currently have a Carcosa solo with Ursula Downs which is going well. I need to finish it up so I could start on the new cycle. I was going to wait for it to be fully out so I could churn through it but at the rate I play in a post-child world I'll be lucky if I'm caught up by pack six.

@Ah_Pook Did your cycle of the first mythos packs also come with the Dunwich deluxe? Wasn't sure if you meant that was included or not. You'll need it to start.

I have basically the same card set up. The two row shoe box sized bcw white box is labeled as 1600 count but with all the cards sleeved it's already close to full. There's nicely designed dividers you can find on board game geek and I printed those on card stock for the different class cards and put them in the hard plastic top loaders for section dividing.
    Each expansion cycle fits in a 550 count when sleeved so far but I havent done the circle one yet and theoretically they'll all fit in the return to boxes as they release

I got the core, dunwich deluxe, and broken Token organizer in one go real cheap used from a guy, that's what started me down this path.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

Feast for Odin is a 5" thick box and every inch of it is stuffed with cardboard.

And 30 minutes per player is optimistic. Maybe that's true for experienced players who are playing the short game variant.

I was going to ask about favorite investigators and stuff but I wonder if there's enough interest for an arkham thread. Could do play recaps, deck list critiques or sharing, general strategy talk.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    More threads is always a good thing. The worst that happens is people stop posting in it.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I was going to ask about favorite investigators and stuff but I wonder if there's enough interest for an arkham thread. Could do play recaps, deck list critiques or sharing, general strategy talk.

There’s actually a Arkham Files thread that could probably be resurrected. I don’t think it’s too far down.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular

It's also bloody brilliant.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
    PMAvers wrote: »

There’s actually a Arkham Files thread that could probably be resurrected. I don’t think it’s too far down.

Mmm it's very old and I feel like I would want to update the OP also I don't really care for the other games sooooooo.

I think I'll make one later this evening if I get time.

Mmm it's very old and I feel like I would want to update the OP also I don't really care for the other games sooooooo.

... or I could update it for you if you have specific things you'd like to throw in there, as I was just going to lament how no one uses my thread anymore. :P

But if you want to make a dedicated AH LCG thread, go for it. :)

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Feast for Odin is sitting on my table. It does say 30/meeple but the meeple and slash are very hard to read unless you are on top of it. I tried to teach it to my wife last night and she said after the teach that it crossed over from fun to terrifying. Luckily I am just borrowing it so I’m not out the money but I’m really bummed she wouldn’t try it.

As for timing my first game had two new players and took 3-4 hours for the short game. My second short game with two new players and two experienced players was only 2.5 hours. Third game was a long game with three old and one new player. That was a three hour game. The first time player somehow scored 147 points and beat us all by at least 40 points. I was stunned. I also think the long game is a lot easier, since you really never need to worry about food. The short game has much less food in it and you actually have to care about it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

It's also bloody brilliant.

Uh yeah I guess I didn't mention it in that post but Feast with the expansion is a 10/10 for me and the only worker placement game I play nowadays.

... or I could update it for you if you have specific things you'd like to throw in there, as I was just going to lament how no one uses my thread anymore. :P

But if you want to make a dedicated AH LCG thread, go for it. :)

I guess it has good bones, just needs a face lift. I posted something, it's here.

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular

Viking Loot Tetris, it's great

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Yeah in my research it being an entire game of inventory tetris sounds extremely up my alley

6F32U1X.png
  • CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Ever growing stockpiles of raiding loot (cutlery and rocks), hunting goods (overlarge squirrel pelts) and boats that flip over to become appetite suppressants. It's grand. A viking's life for me, yo ho!

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.