As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can't Format an SDCard with MBR on MacOS?

Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now.Outpost 31Registered User regular
So I'm trying to format an SD Card on my MacBook with Disk Utility. The file system needs to be exFAT and it needs to have an MBR partition on it. Disk Utility absolutely refuses to do it for me, and I don't actually think that it's capable of writing an MBR.

Does anyone have any tips on an app that I can get or some sort of command line trick that I can do to make this happen?

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
Descendant X on

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    disk utility supports creating exfat partitions natively, and to my knowledge exfat only supports MBR partition tables.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Alright, so does that mean that a partition will automatically be MBR if I make an exFAT partition through Disk Utility?

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Alright, so does that mean that a partition will automatically be MBR if I make an exFAT partition through Disk Utility?

I mean, without my own mac to test it on, i can't tell you for sure, but you could, you know, try it.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Well, after three days of mucking about with this SD Card, I finally figured out that it’s corrupted. Time to call Amazon for a refund.