As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

operation prank Grey Ghost is complete in the [TV] thread

3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheeseRegistered User regular
edited August 2019 in Social Entropy++
although I'm actually screaming because the TV fell on me

someone help

3cl1ps3 on

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    *strolls in and chuckles*

I heard about people wanting to be on TV but I've never hearda someone who wanted the TV on them!

*strolls out without helping*

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

I heard about people wanting to be on TV but I've never hearda someone who wanted the TV on them!

THIS IS THE COMEDY POLICE, THE JOKE'S TOO FUNNY

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    This is the era of flatscreens.

So your television weighs... what, 40lbs max?

RT800 on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

THIS IS THE COMEDY POLICE, THE JOKE'S TOO FUNNY

I'M NOT GOING BACK TO JAAAIIIIIILLLLLL

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey I started watching Kim's Convenience
    It's good!

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hey I started watching Kim's Convenience
    It's good!

you no longer have any excuses to not watch it now, @cello

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    TV Shows I've enjoyed recently:
    Warrior
    Aggretsuko Season 2 (Just started last night)
    Killing Eve
    Old episodes of Anthony Bourdain's shows

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    My Venture Bros. season 7 blu-ray came the other day and it has been helpful to remind me both that that season happened and was REALLY GOOD

6F32U1X.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I watched half of the pilot of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and had to back out because I was not prepared enough to watch so many terrible decisions happen

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I don't know why but two episodes in this season of Pose is already hitting me harder than the first one

I'm really glad this show exists

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I watched half of the pilot of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and had to back out because I was not prepared enough to watch so many terrible decisions happen

oh boy you ain't seen nothing
    though at some point the terrible decisions stop being Rebecca's and start being the showrunner's.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    tynic wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

oh boy you ain't seen nothing
    though at some point the terrible decisions stop being Rebecca's and start being the showrunner's.

Oh, I'm aware of what's coming, that's part of why I backed out. This might be a weekend show, rather than a "relax after work show"

Season 1 is fremdschamen the whole way down. Season 2 is a lot more balanced and has some of the best songs, I'd definitely recommend sticking with it up to that point.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I don't think I can handle a Ryan Murphy show being actually good

he has multiple legitimately good shows:

feud
    american crime story
    pose

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Season three has the best songs but is really uneven plotwise.

I think season four is pretty solid though.

Quire.jpg
    The Terror is such brilliant, understated TV. It might also be the most stressful viewing experience I've ever subjected myself to.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I don't think I can handle a Ryan Murphy show being actually good

Pose earned Ryan Murphy so much good will. If you haven't watched it, you need to

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Republicans are shocked by what is going on with the concentration camps.

Wait, no. They're shocked that someone called them concentration camps.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/ocasio-cortez-presses-case-that-us-is-running-concentration-camps-at-border-amid-republican-outcry/2019/06/18/09ee7eb6-91d8-11e9-aadb-74e6b2b46f6a_story.html

Edit: well this is not at all the right thread, is it?

honovere on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Was not expecting a Finn reference in the current season of The 100, but here we are. Mostly because most of Clarke's memories are about how she hates herself and the decisions she's made apparently.

ALIE is always fun, though.

sig.gif

First black trans woman to sign an overall deal with a major streaming service. Janet rules and has done great work on Pose, last year (in what was personally my fav episode of the first season, Love Is The Message) she also became the first black trans woman to write and direct a TV episode

ZXgw1Ui.jpg
    Variety wrote:
    The long-gestating “Wheel of Time” TV adaptation has finally found its lead. Rosamund Pike cast been cast as Moiraine, a member of the powerful all-female organization called the Aes Sedai, in the Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television co-production. Based on Robert Jordan’s best-selling fantasy novels, “The Wheel of Time” is set in a high fantasy world where magic exists, but only certain women are allowed to access it. The story follows Moiraine as she embarks on a dangerous, world-spanning journey with five young men and women, one of whom is prophesied to be the Dragon Reborn, a powerful individual who will either save humanity or destroy it.

Hollywood Reporter says Pike's also being credited as a producer on the show

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yes, good, now focus on Moiraine for the entire time and forget the Rand exists and we'll be all set.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Shouldn't that lady have a braid to tug

(that's the only joke I can make about Wheel of Time)

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    and what a joke it is!

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I Think You Should Leave has been renewed for a second season!

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

Apparently he's got a really big TV.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    RT800 wrote: »

Apparently he's got a really big TV.

36780p!

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Whelp Amazon's made the first casting announcement fir wheel of time. They cast a tall light haired white lady to play moiraine... my disappointment should be palpable.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Whelp Amazon's made the first casting announcement fir wheel of time. They cast a tall light haired white lady to play moiraine... my disappointment should be palpable.

Tall and light haired I get but was she not white in the books? Honestly I wouldnt be surprised as I missed that various whole nations and the Seanchan were supposed to be black.

Quire.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    moiraine is cairhien nobility, she's white as they come in those books

that said there's no reason that has to be true for the show, her background is largely irrelevant

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The hard part is going to be sourcing 80s Christopher Lloyd to play Thom Merrilin

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    edited June 2019
    Sleep wrote: »

Tall and light haired I get but was she not white in the books? Honestly I wouldnt be surprised as I missed that various whole nations and the Seanchan were supposed to be black.

The Cairhienin, of which moiraine is royalty, are of a seemingly Asian descent. The seanchan are at best olive skined,but a bunch are like super duper white if I remember correctly. The sea folk are black, it took me a long time to piece that one together, but i started reading when I was in like 6th or 7th grade and didn't catch it till I did a reread in college after finding out more books had been written.

Sleep on
    they should get David Harbour to be Tam

edited June 2019
    Shorty wrote: »

Yeah I'd take that. The two rivers and andor in general are a little crypto English fantasy island in the middle of a bunch of not that. People totally miss that fact because the story starts there and people carry that vibe for the rest of the story when it should be ditched the moment you set foot in the ways.

Sleep on
    The hard part is going to be sourcing 80s Christopher Lloyd to play Thom Merrilin

I don't even know what to do with thom cause not only do they need to look like sam elliott they need to be able tumble like tom holland.

I think they can play up his age a bit and cut out the tumbling if they really need to

you should always be annoyed when a white person is cast in anything, imo

6vjsgrerts6r.png

@Tam ?

I think they can play up his age a bit and cut out the tumbling if they really need to

His important role is being Merlin so the tumbling is just a thing I really want, i mean that's kinda what stunt performers are for.
    also the oratory skills are far more story relevant

This discussion has been closed.