As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

operation prank Grey Ghost is complete in the [TV] thread

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    you should always be annoyed when a white person is cast in anything, imo

What if they get cast as David Duke?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    David Duke being played by a non-white person would piss off actual David Duke so its ultimately better

CYpGAPn.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    you should always be annoyed when a white person is cast in anything, imo

What if they get cast as David Duke?

it would annoy david duke infinitely more if a non-white person played him

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    If there is one exception to the "please shut up about Idris Elba playing everything" rule it is definitely David Duke

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Now I'm thinking about that horrible Wheel of Time pilot episode with Billy Zane again.

uyvfOQy.png
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    tynic wrote: »
    The Terror is such brilliant, understated TV. It might also be the most stressful viewing experience I've ever subjected myself to.

Related, it's something when a scene of someone fearfully probing their own suppurating wounds is the most psychologically restful part of a show.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    The Terror is such brilliant, understated TV. It might also be the most stressful viewing experience I've ever subjected myself to.

Related, it's something when a scene of someone fearfully probing their own suppurating wounds is the most psychologically restful part of a show.

it was nice when you brought that one lady a seal carcass

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    David Duke being played by a non-white person would piss off actual David Duke so its ultimately better

Don't cast Quentin Tarantino as a black guy because he would love it too much.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think that season four of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend might just not be good

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/DvkH4kb2eGY

Wow they just straight up remade The New Scooby-Doo movies huh

I am not subscribing to fucking Boomerang but this seems hilarious

CYpGAPn.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So last night the internet at my house was unreliable, so my best friend & I found something in our DVD library to watch.

2ab0d5389cd1be84original.jpg

This still rocks.

We're going to finish part 2 probably tomorrow night.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    you should just watch a bunch of armand Assante next

you can double feature Private Benjamin and Judge Dredd!

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I am always in the mood for Judge Dredd.

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    When he kills Eric Roberts and all the rest of the suitors it is truly epic in ferocity. Just impaling dudes left, right and center.

Armand Assante is fucking ruthless when murdering folks in this miniseries.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Good casting on the Cyclops with Michael Ironsides

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Michael Ironside didn't play Polyphemus the Cyclops.

If he did that cyclops would have had a leather jacket.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Armand Assante is fucking ruthless when murdering folks in this miniseries.

Yeah that sounds like Odysseus.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    First trailer for The Terror: Infamy

https://youtu.be/FqNbAxvNElU

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Uhhh...I don't know...

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    it takes place at a japanese internment camp and there is once again some fucked up monster in addition to the horrifying spiritual dread

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Watching Regular Show while I work and dammit...

Is there a better one two of episodes than Slam Dunk and Cool Bikes back to back?

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Shorty wrote: »
    they should get David Harbour to be Tam

@Tam ?

hello yes I am John Television

inventor, owner, and proprietor of TV

down with netflix

also my girlfriend says I could watch the new Handmaid's Tale because there is righteous vengeance

Tam on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    which reminds me: there is a petition asking netflix to cancel Good Omens.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular

Damn! I can't believe how successful they were and so soon!

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Also isnt it a miniseries and already over?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yes

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I finished schitts creek season 4 and I liked it a lot, its a good show and I hope they end it with the next season

2x39jD4.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    We caught Hannah Gadsby's new standup show in Boston.

It is VERY GOOD.

3clipse wrote: »
    We caught Hannah Gadsby's new standup show in Boston.

It is VERY GOOD.

shit I didn't even know this was happening.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I don’t know how you even do another comedy set after Nanette.

Quire.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know how you even do another comedy set after Nanette.

That was the question we all had. She managed it. It feels like a proper progression from Nanette without playing out the same way. Like, really well put together. She's a master.

3cl1ps3 on
    I kinda wish she would've retired after Nanette because what a fucking way to go out

but also that she keeps going?

I firmly believe that her plan was to retire after Nanette, and seeing how popular it got and the platform it afforded her made her decide to stay and keep speaking truth to power. Which is good.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I firmly believe that her plan was to retire after Nanette, and seeing how popular it got and the platform it afforded her made her decide to stay and keep speaking truth to power. Which is good.

From memory she'd been struggling hard as a stand-up for like a decade, had been on Aussie telly a couple of times (things like Just For Laughs Melbourne), but had never really "broken out", so was going to go out with a bang and move into writing or something else.

Then Nanette (rightfully) fucking exploded and all of a sudden she's all over US talk shows and being asked to do all the big international shows and she was like "well damn, maybe I'll keep soldiering on".

yeah that is what I assumed, theres just something that would be so perfectly poetic to go out on a mastercraft of a routine like Nanette

but I can't fault her at all for wanting more money and queer exposure, she fucking earned it

Finally finished The Terror. Whew.

not really spoilers since it's historical but just in case,
    The second third of the season was a real exercise in cognitive dissonance, because every time someone nice died I'd be all "noooo!", but also hyper-aware that in this scenario it's a blessing to find yourself dying earlier rather than later.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Got through the first handful of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend today! It's good and funny and the songs are good! Everyone keeps fucking up all the time and when I go to do other things it sort of feels like coming up for air in a weird way that I can't really explain? It's a weird feeling!

edited June 2019
    The first two seasons manage to walk this extremely difficult line of "what if zany sitcom situation but centred around a realistically mentally ill person". And yeah, it is kind of stressful to watch. Like watching a relative or friend totally spiral out, even if it's a source of amusing anecdotes.
    Also the songs are great!

I still don't know how they managed to go downhill quite so badly during season 3.

tynic on
This discussion has been closed.