As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Foreign Interference in American Elections

13»

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    The US should just interfere in russian elections to install someone that won't interfere in US elections.

Usually goes so well for us too

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Remember the Seth Rich conspiracy theories? Yahoo news has discovered that they were started as a Russian Intelligence operation as part of the many ways they tried to sabotage Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election.
    WASHINGTON — In the summer of 2016, Russian intelligence agents secretly planted a fake report claiming that Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was gunned down by a squad of assassins working for Hillary Clinton, giving rise to a notorious conspiracy theory that captivated conservative activists and was later promoted from inside President Trump’s White House, a Yahoo News investigation has found.

Russia’s foreign intelligence service, known as the SVR, first circulated a phony “bulletin” — disguised to read as a real intelligence report —about the alleged murder of the former DNC staffer on July 13, 2016, according to the U.S. federal prosecutor who was in charge of the Rich case. That was just three days after Rich, 27, was killed in what police believed was a botched robbery while walking home to his group house in the Bloomingdale neighborhood of Washington, D.C., about 30 blocks north of the Capitol.

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I don't want to live in a world where the conspiracy theory thread becomes even slightly relevant to politics.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Nobeard wrote: »
    I don't want to live in a world where the conspiracy theory thread becomes even slightly relevant to politics.

Hahahahahahaha

Sorry. I think we aren't that lucky.

Label on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »

I'm pretty sure we've talked about Pizzagate and QAnon in the previous conspiracy theory thread.