As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dame Lillard, Anthony Davis, Diana Taurasi, and Klay Thompson will be in Space Jam 2

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Dame Lillard, Anthony Davis, Diana Taurasi, and Klay Thompson will be in Space Jam 2

Introducing the new starting line up for the los angeles lakers...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Boban is doing better in Hollywood so far

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »

Yeah he's really hitting the books.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Booooooooo!!!!!!!!

Boo this man!

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Considering that Isaac Bonga is the only guard signed to the Lakers roster right now, Taurasi would be an infinite upgrade for them.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

sure, I'd listen to that podcast

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Booooooooo!!!!!!!!

Boo this man!

No! This is brilliant and should be cherished.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

Booooooooo!!!!!!!!

Boo this man!

No! This is brilliant and should be cherished.

You are what is wrong with the world.

• Options
    Also, the Lakers dumpster fire only continues to burn more brightly by the day. RIP third star when you don't have the cap space.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Also, the Lakers dumpster fire only continues to burn more brightly by the day. RIP third star when you don't have the cap space.

Meanwhile, a team that understands the salary cap:

I have a feeling Middleton is going to bail as he declined option, and a lot of teams want (to overpay) him.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »

I'm shocked they want to proceed with this farce. Like you don't have body cam footage, you don't have eye witnesses saying the man was struck in the face. All you have is probably badly shot camera feed footage that's inconclusive. I hope the DA tells them to get bent.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I hope the DA tells them to fire the deputy, his boss, and issue a public apology to Masai Ujiri

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I’ve seen so many people the last few days point to the Sheriff Dept statement about the incident as if it’s evidence of anything other than a police department covering for one of its own

Lots of people love to lick jackboots

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    ah darn the body camera cut out for this one crucial moment out of hours and hours of footage is like, the single most bullshit thing.

it should almost instantly invalidate any criminal proceedings unless there is a fantastic reason the camera died.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Knight_ wrote: »
    ah darn the body camera cut out for this one crucial moment out of hours and hours of footage is like, the single most bullshit thing.

it should almost instantly invalidate any criminal proceedings unless there is a fantastic reason the camera died.

They’re saying that Ujiri’s shove disabled the camera AND concussed the officer

And well they were already caught lying about the concussion- a statement from the department that night said the officer was absolutely fine, but now that they know they’re in the shit, claim he’s been “concussed.”

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    But according to police spokesperson Sergeant Ray Kelly, Ujiri showed his identification “in a very threatening kind of way,” and “was violating [the officer’s] personal space,” and that while the officer’s shove was merely a “level 5,” Ujiri’s retaliatory shove was a very uncool “level 10.”

It was a very uncool level 10. We should probably lock this guy up and throw away the key before he strikes again.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    But according to police spokesperson Sergeant Ray Kelly, Ujiri showed his identification “in a very threatening kind of way,” and “was violating [the officer’s] personal space,” and that while the officer’s shove was merely a “level 5,” Ujiri’s retaliatory shove was a very uncool “level 10.”

It was a very uncool level 10. We should probably lock this guy up and throw away the key before he strikes again.

Everyone knows a level 5 shove is nothing compared to the overwhelming force of a level 10 shove. To even get a level 10 shove you need like 4 points in your talent tree.

• Options
    I mean why on earth would Ujiri be amped up at that moment

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I assaulted him first but that doesn't matter because I'm a cop

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

Everyone knows a level 5 shove is nothing compared to the overwhelming force of a level 10 shove. To even get a level 10 shove you need like 4 points in your talent tree.

It's a logarithmic scale, much like the Richter scale. A 5 is nothing but a stiff breeze. A 10 is devastating.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

This writer usually does deep investigative work and came out of four months off to write this one

...Would it surprise you to hear this whole deal is a big story Canadians are angry about, here

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Also if your body cam switches off after a single push I think you better talk with the supplier, because it sounds like it doesn't have nearly the durability required for the job

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    Also if your body cam switches off after a single push I think you better talk with the supplier, because it sounds like it doesn't have nearly the durability required for the job

Or... Does it do the job just perfectly?

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular

I don't know why they need the Aliens to steal Dame Lillard's talent. They could just have it be Jrue Holiday in the playoffs. Hey-o!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    they needed the clutch trait from Dame

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Ahh, good point.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    The Atlanta Hawks have acquired the No. 4 pick in Thursday's NBA draft from the New Orleans Pelicans for the No. 8, 17 and 35 picks, league sources told ESPN.

The Pelicans are also sending Solomon Hill, the No. 57 pick and a future second-round pick to Atlanta in exchange

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I thought this was a light draft class after 3...maybe the Virginia dude, but who the heck is there at 6? Reddish?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I thought this was a light draft class after 3...maybe the Virginia dude, but who the heck is there at 6? Reddish?

They wanted 4 or 5 and settled for 6, they've been hunting all week

So presumably they're either hearimg that people might fall, or they want Reddish or maaabye darius

• Options
    You can usually find a solid position player 6-10 pick range. There's a bunch of players in this draft with lots of "potential" down to 20, like Bol Bol (son of Manute, 7' 2").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRO8qU1p-r4

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Really like that move for NO. You're already getting the clear cut top guy and from 2-5ish is tough to call. Trade out of an otherwise weak top for several more chances to find fresh pieces to put around the current team and let a young core come up together rather than trying to piecemeal something right away.

• Options
    New York Knicks select Duke guard RJ Barrett with number three pick

• Options
    What? Zion #1???

Never expected that

• Options
    Where is Bol Bol going going

• Options
    The problem with Bol Bol is he barely has any experience (was hurt early in his only season at U of Oregon and shut himself down to go NBA) and is going to get roughed up in the front court because he's only 208 lbs.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Sixers did bad today, but not surprised. Brand isn’t really impressing me yet.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.