As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Dracil wrote: »
    Ianator wrote: »
    - Winter's Crown is being retired to Combat History.

What does this mean?

Oh looked it up. Some sort of temporary way to replay old events. Do we even have this system yet?

Nope. EN hasn't officially retired any events yet. We haven't even had a major event rerun except for Dyed Red.

Speaking of events, any bets on what the next one is? Think it'll be linked to Chaser, Curacoa and Curlew returning?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Finally got Clevelad and Lena, in the same 10 build even. Go figure

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I've gotten like 3 Lena's now but still no Clevelad.

Edit: I say that, then do a 3 pull for today and get her.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular

- World 12 and Hard World 8.
    - Level Cap boost to 120. We endgame boyes!
    - Skins and Das Bismarckhaus are being extended to the 19th.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Thank god for dorm extension. The amount of coins needed this time was ridiculous

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I only had to spend about 3100 coins on the dorm stuff for the achievement.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I had ~4K in Dorm Coins (I tend to ignore event furniture), so it wasn't too hard to get.

Plus I still haven't paid the diamonds to buy a third dorm slot.

• Options
    I only had to spend about 3100 coins on the dorm stuff for the achievement.

That is how much it costs to get one of every item in the set, yes.

The problem is, that amount is disproportionately large compared to even the previous most expensive sets which were more like 2k, 2.2k at the most I think.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    This was the first complete furniture set I ever bought, lucky me (presumably why I had so many coins). I'm sure there's an even more expensive event furniture set just around the corner, that I'll have to ignore, haha.

I've run into a first for me: I've saved up enough cubes, but I really don't have enough money to go RNG trolling ten orders at a time. I've gotten 3 of the 4 Iron Blood Ships (only missing that new Z-type destroyer, which I can live with), and I rather have Atago than either mini-Cleveland or Helena to be honest. Instead, all I've gotten of worth so far is a duplicate Belfast (one more Prototype Bulin and I can fully limit break her, so it's not all bad news).

Damn it, I want Atago already. I really need another good Sakura vanguard ship, and my choices are very slim presently (aside from Takao).

• Options
    I'm sure I asked this for the last event as well: since I have both George V and Bismark, what would you recommend me spending the Iron Blood event currency on?

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Well since there is no store exclusive furniture this time. PR Blueprints can help speed up a very long and annoying grind. You will always need more T3 equipment plates so those are safe and cheapo buy. If you are feeling lucky and need better equipment there is always the gold equipment boxes just ignore the loading screen picture on how they are made.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    L'il Sandy and Iron Blood Podium acquired. Now I just need to finish Chapter D and get 10k coins to max LB my KGV.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    L'il Sandy and Iron Blood Podium acquired. Now I just need to finish Chapter D and get 10k coins to max LB my KGV.

If you haven't done D3, like mentioned, don't auto-battle the boss. I would hang back at either the top or bottom of the screen, because she shoots out that black hole in the middle and it's pretty nasty. Use airstrikes when she does her barrage.

• Options
    And once you are done with D3 don't forget to jump into the EX stage and see how fast it kicks your butt.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

If you haven't done D3, like mentioned, don't auto-battle the boss. I would hang back at either the top or bottom of the screen, because she shoots out that black hole in the middle and it's pretty nasty. Use airstrikes when she does her barrage.

I know better than to auto high-level bosses. Even on D2 I'm still going manual on my CA clearing fleet.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Aaand done. I got half a mind to draw Bismarck as a mecha musume Huckebein.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I'm just going to leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI573hRAdDM

Completely without any context (except that it makes more sense if you've seen all the Kizuna Ai Everybody parodies.)

• Options
    Acasta! Looks like our next event is Glorious Battle.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Oh good just a map grind so I can stock up more cubes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh my word, Chapter 10 punishes you for playing casual. This may be the first time a non-event boss has erased my fleet so handily.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Patchnotes.

- Glorious Battle event starts after tonight's maint and runs through the 26th. Glorious and Acasta skins available during the event, Acasta and Ardent retrofits coming as well.
    - Glorious and Yamashiro secretary quests.
    - Voices for Li'l Sandy, Lena and Clevelad.
    - Scherzo exchange, dorm and skins are leaving tonight.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Forbin and Le Mars announced. Next event is Iris of the Light and the Dark.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, that was fortuitous. Got Glorious on run #20 of SP3. Means I can start stocking cubes for Iris.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Well, that was fortuitous. Got Glorious on run #20 of SP3. Means I can start stocking cubes for Iris.

I actually got her on my first clear of SP3, and I wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen or if I was just extremely lucky.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Emile Bertin retro coming to EN, neat.

Forbin and Le Mars too but those were present in the first run. Between them and Acasta+Ardent, RIP DD Retro prints I guess

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Well thanks to farming for Glorious I finished the Monarch grind. Guess I should start worrying about not having a third Sakura cruiser leveled and skilled up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Patchnotes.

- Glorious Battle ends tonight, Iris of Light and Dark starts tomorrow.
    - New items in Tech Boxes: Type 91 Piercing Shell (Sakura?), 152mm Mounted Gun (Sakura?), Sea Gladiator (Royal)
    - Core Data: Swordfish (818 Squad), Type 1 Piercing Shell and Type 94 AA Device incoming, Twin 381mm Advanced Gun departing.
    - Javelin's "Very Slow Advance!" skin event.
    - Z18 is July's monthly login ship.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Rip core data.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I don't know that the Swordfish(818) or Type 94 AA aux are really necessary unless you want the utility of the slow on the Swordfish

but that Type 1 AP shell tho

PS I have like 40 clears to get guaranteed Glorious and haven't built or got her as a drop so far

I can do it, but....do I really want to for Glorious is the question

Orphane on
  • Options
    The slow is nice in when you run 2 CVs the one with faster takeoff slows with Swordfish 818 the second comes in with Ryusei for the kill. After that I want BB shells sorta weird they are only doing Type 1 AP and not SHS though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    got Glorious on my 31st run

that's a relief since farming SP3 was...hella tedious

now i can just relax and prepare for Iris after maint

• Options
    Yep. I hate hate hate farming stages like that. Autobattle is hands-on enough to keep me on my tablet when I'd rather be doing/playing something else.

Also wtf, Iris is only going to run for two weeks?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Servers are up.

Got all ships in build within 50 builds, I think

I got an absurd number of Surcoufs

also finished this:
    mcrb5c4lfv6y.png

Orphane on
  • Options

I actually got her on my first clear of SP3, and I wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen or if I was just extremely lucky.

I got her in the second to last battle of my third clearing of SP3...the night before the event ended. I guess it's return for all my fruitless 3-4 farming. I got either 2 or 3 of the event's ships, which I'm fine with.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

I got her in the second to last battle of my third clearing of SP3...the night before the event ended. I guess it's return for all my fruitless 3-4 farming. I got either 2 or 3 of the event's ships, which I'm fine with.

Aye, looks like you would've missed Ardent from 20 clears of SP3 or as a chance to drop from SP2.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

Aye, looks like you would've missed Ardent from 20 clears of SP3 or as a chance to drop from SP2.

I checked and you're correct. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I got Ardent or not, but I wasn't that interested (I've got an abundance of Royal Navy ships for different roles, unlike Sakura Empire, where I'm short multiple categories).

• Options
    4th of July patchnotes

- Iris rerun skins
    - PR skins
    - EN-exclusive dorm deco, "Clevedad's Wave Breaker", delivered by mail on the 4th

In the meantime, how's everyone doing? I managed to pull three Forbin on one 10-pull.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I got Dunkurque and Massachusetts via RNG build so, aside from eventually spending the event currency, there's really no other event ships I particularly want? So I'm just sitting on cubes now (I also spent a lot of money on skill books and premium dorm food).

• Options
    The only ship I'm missing is Dunkerque, I think. Thankfully I've only gotten one duplicate from building so far (the sub, who's name I can't remember), but I haven't gone crazy (I've been doing 10 per day).

• Options
    i've been doing daily builds but focusing on farming d2 since that's where the gold french mle DD gun bps drop

it's one of the best DD guns so i want to get at least 2-3 copies i think