As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I’m still LoN mages for bounties until I can get something else ready.

Nemesis+Ingeom & Goldwrap+Boon helps immensely for bounties, and the former helps in the 2-3min GR range. Spamming Bone Armor and LotD tends to make it fairly safe.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Ah, see, I'm not even using LotD or Simulacrum; things are dying so quickly that I don't need the added damage boost. Instead, I'm using (as I said) Grim Scythe, literally just for opening doors, and also Flesh Golem for on-demand corpse generation (just to get going at the start of a rift). If I tried to climb the grift ladder, I'd almost certainly need to slot those in, but I don't foresee myself doing any pushing, so it's fine.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I leveled an HC crusader on the Switch, and when I looked the other day there are only about 750 people who have done the HC equivalent of the Thrill. I still need to build up some defenses before I try a 45, but hopefully I can crack the top 1,000!

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Just did a 70 grift for the first time on my Necromancer and the pity primal was... The Warmonger.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Just did a 70 grift for the first time on my Necromancer and the my pity primal was... The Warmonger.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:bro:

• Options
    It's cool! I just randomly got an ancient Krysbin's!

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    I've finally been able to assemble a LON Skeleton Mages build, and I finally understand what people mean about the Necromancer's best defense being burning everything on the screen before they can hit you. I just did a level 65 grift without issues (and that's without having an ancient in every slot). With the combination of items and passives, I'm refilling my Essence practically as soon as it empties. I'm considering removing my Grim Scythe from my skillbar, but it's annoying to stand in front of a breakable door and wait for a pet to consider attacking it.

Ironically, this build fliest through densely-packed high-level rifts/grifts, but is veeeeerrrry slow-going on bounties. It needs a steady supply of corpses and health globes (and forward momentum) to work, bounties don't offer that. Still, I've never had this play experience in D3 before, so that's pretty cool.

Roll through the door. I had the exact same issue and rolling breaks doors!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    console ezmoad

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I haven't had any time to play for like 2 weeks but hopefully, maybe, starting Sunday I can get back into things for a few days at least

never got to the point where I had a functional Z-monk, but i did get a playable sunwuko WoL build going on it. (I mean, in addition to my vyr wiz which is pretty strong).

• Options
    I've finally been able to assemble a LON Skeleton Mages build, and I finally understand what people mean about the Necromancer's best defense being burning everything on the screen before they can hit you. I just did a level 65 grift without issues (and that's without having an ancient in every slot). With the combination of items and passives, I'm refilling my Essence practically as soon as it empties. I'm considering removing my Grim Scythe from my skillbar, but it's annoying to stand in front of a breakable door and wait for a pet to consider attacking it.

Ironically, this build fliest through densely-packed high-level rifts/grifts, but is veeeeerrrry slow-going on bounties. It needs a steady supply of corpses and health globes (and forward momentum) to work, bounties don't offer that. Still, I've never had this play experience in D3 before, so that's pretty cool.

Roll through the door. I had the exact same issue and rolling breaks doors!
    Whoa! I genuinely forgot the roll exists, because I just never use it. Thanks, I'll tinker around with the build! Maybe I can put some defensive option into Grim Scythe's slot.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Completed my first conquest, Avarice, by opening 35 T16 caches. Holy hell, what a mess that makes.

Meanwhile, the game refuses to give me non-set Ancients in half my slots.

forty on
  • Options
    Got my stash slot. Sadly getting a third conquest for the wings looks like far more grinding than I want to do.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Yeah I hate these Conquests. Mainly the 6 sets one... Forcing another character to be leveled and grinded for gear.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Yup, and then they had to toss Sprinter in there to ensure I don't get this thing finished.

• Options
    I managed to get the GR45 with no set items on a HC crusader on the Switch. Decided I'd keep playing with him for a bit, and stupidly died in a GR60. I did have the foresight to level a gem of ease, at least, but I think I'll go back to my SC demon hunter to finish out the season. That was my third conquest, so all I need to do now is master a set dungeon and then cube a 50+ gem. LoN was a neat season idea, but in the end I still gravitated toward the sets.

• Options
    The only thing I got out of the LoN season gimmick was easy completion of The Thrill. Otherwise, it was as inconsequential for me as I figured it would be.

• Options
    My goal of finishing bounties keeps getting sidetracked by my newfound addiction to LoN mages.

Some nights I go on a miserable death streak and I’m like, that’s it!!! ...and then I finally roll a phys/int/vit/x swampland waders, followed by int/vit/armor/15%mages steuarts greaves ( with phys res secondary!) and it’s off to the races.

• Options
    The only thing I'm missing for 100% completion is 250,000 rift kills and 5,000 bounties. I don't think I'm going to try to finish.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    This was a successful quick jump back in. I got the season done. And, since the conquests were annoying this season (well, the 3rd conquest), I took the opportunity to get a couple sets I hadn't done the set dungeons for ever. Now I've got some new wings, as that finished all the non-necro set dungeons.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    The only thing I'm missing for 100% completion is 250,000 rift kills and 5,000 bounties. I don't think I'm going to try to finish.

No, that's not it, there's achieves beyond 250k kills and 10k bounties is the top of that section. :)

10k bounties is the real killer, though you will get it eventually if you do seasons. But when you're in range of the end like Noggin, yoou want to make the push for it.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    Klatu wrote: »
    forty wrote: »

No, that's not it, there's achieves beyond 250k kills and 10k bounties is the top of that section. :)

10k bounties is the real killer, though you will get it eventually if you do seasons. But when you're in range of the end like Noggin, yoou want to make the push for it.
    What I'm saying is I'm at 750k rift kills and 5k bounties. I know I have 250k and 5k to go. Bounties ain't gonna happen. Rifts might but I don't really play much anymore.

• Options
    Ha, I actually slacked so hard on it this past year, but now I’ve been making the push. I started the season at like 8k and now I’m at like 8700ish.

Past 10k in the profile... *shakes fist*

• Options
    Since I got my Necro on the Switch to a pretty good place (high paragon, stash with a bunch of ancients), I'm considering making a push for the third conquest and the wings. The two conquests that seem the most feasible are "grift 55 with 6 sets" and "master 8 set dungeons". Which of the two do you folks think is easier/requires less time investment? And, which class(es?) would be good for alts to do these conquests on?

Since I already have a stash with all Int-statted legendaries, it seems like the Wizard and Witch Doctor would get a huge leg-up in the gearing process, but if they don't have sets that can easily do grift 55 and/or have very annoying set dungeons, maybe it'd be better to do something else.

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I did the following conquests:
    - grift 55 with 6 sets ( 4xDH and 2xBarb )
    - level 55 rift with no set items
    - 50 million gold streak

• Options
    Oh, and another question: I was watching a video that detailed the Necro pets-with-thorns build, and the guy mentioned something that didn't occur to me: you can't crit with thorns, so +crit chance/+crit damage become undesirable stats. That's pretty interesting, since I'm working on an Invoker thorns Crusader on PC. How does that crit advice translate to Invoker?

As far as I understand, the damage in Invoker comes from two places: Your thorns becoming an AOE attack, and 15,000% of your thorns being applied directly to the enemy you hit. The AOE thorns won't crit, so +crit doesn't help there. What about the single-target attack? Since it's (regular attack) + (15,000% of thorns), I'm assuming the attack can crit - but would the crit multiplier apply only to the (regular attack) part, or the whole thing? Since the bulk of the damage is already coming from thorns, I've been focusing on maximizng thorns at the cost of sacrificing some strength, if that's what it takes; most notably, I've put my paragon points into +Vit and am using +Vit gems in my armor. Initially this was because I was feeling very squishy, and just wanted some survivability, but then I decided to put a Heart of Iron into the cube, and now that extra Vit suddenly also becomes damage. Anyway, if the crit multiplier doesn't apply to the (15,000% of thorns) component of the direct attacks, then maybe I should indeed reprioritize my offensive paragon points and enchants.

• Options
    I guess my question to you is did you do all 4 sets for the Necro at 55? If so, then it should be somewhat easy to get the the last 2 with the Wizard and her Firebirds set and Tals with both as meteor I believe. I know that Tals is meteor and easy to blow way past 55.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I did not! I'm having such a good time with my LoN Skelemages power fantasy that I've been thinking "Why would I ever want to do anything that doesn't give me this same amount of dopamine? Like trying to assemble another build?"

You're right, it makes sense to knock out the Necro sets and then see how I feel. Maybe I'll be so disgusted that I won't even want to try to level another character.

• Options
    Weapon damage, crit chance, and critical hit damage are all irrelevant to thorns builds.

• Options
    I did not! I'm having such a good time with my LoN Skelemages power fantasy that I've been thinking "Why would I ever want to do anything that doesn't give me this same amount of dopamine? Like trying to assemble another build?"

You're right, it makes sense to knock out the Necro sets and then see how I feel. Maybe I'll be so disgusted that I won't even want to try to level another character.

I have no idea how hard/bad the other three sets are for Necro on the console so can't help ya there. But if they are like the other classes (aka DH) all 4 should have a viable build for each set to knock it out. Then yeah I would say depending on how much time you have, you could do just 1 set each of WD and Wiz, but that's a lot of grinding.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Master 8 Set Dungeons is a horrible Conquest. Don't ever bother with that one unless you have crazy alt-itis.

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    I did not enjoy the Necro sets. They felt weaker and more fragile than my DH but that might just be me. Given all the power creep you shouldn't have too much trouble knocking out the grift 55/six set conquest though. Mostly it's just a matter of putting the hours in to grind out gear/paragon/gem levels.

My biggest roadblock this season was finding ancients for the set I was actually using on my DH. I was starting to think I'd have to use the Caldesann's on a piece of gear I wasn't even going to equip but I did manage to find something eventually. I finished up Guardian for like the second time ever. Took 'em long enough to actually add rewards/incentive for that.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I don't necessarily recommend doing the set dungeons one but all of the necro set dungeons are super duper easy.

• Options

farming a couple sets for a second class and doing a 55 is likely going to be a lot less annoying than farming all 4 sets for another class and doing set dungeons. Set dungeons can really RNG you down, it's two more sets, and 55 is really really low.

I did 4 sets with my witch doctor, all of them being just unoptimized random pieces as I'd been playing LoN too. Then I did 2 on a monk. If I had done a second class with the same attribute it'd have been even easier, but I literally ran into a 55 as soon as I cubed the 5th set piece (RoRG) and did it first try with all the sets.

Also the 50 million one is easy to get in a number of ways, easier/faster than either "level a second class" one, I think.

• Options
    Thank you for setting me straight, everyone! I really appreciate it.
    cncaudata wrote: »
    Also the 50 million one is easy to get in a number of ways, easier/faster than either "level a second class" one, I think.
    Oh, I already did the 45-without-set-items and the 50-million conquests; the first was trivial and a side-effect of the season bonus and the second one happened by a lucky accident (I started grinding T16 bounties and in the middle came upon a massive pack of various treasure goblins). The console versions of D3 don't give any special reward for hitting the second-to-last tier in the season journey, though, so in previous seasons I didn't even bother explicitly trying to go for them. Now they put the pretty wings as a reward for the very last tier, so I'm considering trying to do a third conquest to get them.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Are people still playing seasonal on PC? I used my free set on a HC char, so I'm behind the power curve on SC and finding sub-T4 games is way harder than I was expecting.

EDIT: Hm, I found a couple of random ancients that let me comfortably get into T10 (and finish the Thrill). Managed to finish the UE set while leveling gems. Got lucky in a T13 rift and managed to get Avarice, so just banged out a bunch of GRs until I had the wings. Guess I can go back to sleep until next season.

Russad on
  • Options
    Russad wrote: »
    Are people still playing seasonal on PC? I used my free set on a HC char, so I'm behind the power curve on SC and finding sub-T4 games is way harder than I was expecting.

EDIT: Hm, I found a couple of random ancients that let me comfortably get into T10 (and finish the Thrill). Managed to finish the UE set while leveling gems. Got lucky in a T13 rift and managed to get Avarice, so just banged out a bunch of GRs until I had the wings. Guess I can go back to sleep until next season.

if you decide you do want to play more, I've been playing a bunch and would be happy to help gear someone up.

• Options
    I added you on Bnet. I tend to lose the itch once I'm not chasing journey goals, but every now and then I do like to hop on and blow up some demons.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    New PTR, patch and season details:
    “Season of the Triune aims to change your moment-to-moment game play right from level one”.

Triune's Will: All abilities have a chance when hitting an enemy to spawn a circle that gives a power. Only one circle can be active at a time.
    * Power: Players in the circle receive a 100% damage bonus while active
    * Resource Reduction: Players in the circle receive a 50% discount on resources spent while active
    * Cooldown Reduction: While standing in an active circle, any skills currently on cooldown come off of cooldown more quickly.

Changes:
    * Flavor of Time
    * New Legendary Power: Pylon effects last twice as long.

* The Executioner
    * New Legendary Power: Attacks will slay enemies with less than (5-10%) health.

* Stone Gauntlets
    * New Legendary Power: Getting attacked will slowly turn you to stone... (You gain 50% more armor, but your movement speed is reduced by 15% and attack speed is reduced by 20%. This effect stacks up to 5 times)

* Echoing Fury
    * New Legendary Power: Slaying enemies engulfs the wielder into a Frenzy. (Killing enemies increases your attack speed by 15% and movement speed by 5%. This effect stacks up to 5 times)

* Squirt's Necklace
    * New Legendary Power: While not taking damage, your damage is increased by up to 100% and damage taken is increased by up to 50%.

* Messerschmidt's Reaver
    * New Legendary Power: Reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second when you slay an enemy.

* Mortick's Brace
    * New Legendary Item: Wrath of the Berserker gains the effect of every rune.
    * Developer's Note: If you played during the Patch 2.2.0 PTR, you'll recognize this as an item that was later removed from the game before it went to live servers. At the time, Mortick's Brace gave too much power for a single item slot. However, the power curve of Diablo III has changed significantly since then and we're comfortable with bringing it back.

* Spite
    * Note: This item can be crafted from the Blacksmith and is not a normal loot drop
    * New Legendary Power: Non-cleaving Gargantuans gain the cleave and chilling effects of the Humongoid rune.

* Legacy of Dreams
    * New Legendary Gem:
    * While you have no set bonuses equipped, every Legendary item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by 3.75% and reduces your damage taken by 2%. (Max level 99)
    * Rank 25: This bonus is doubled for Ancient items.
    * Developer's Note: The end game opened up significantly with Season 17's Legacy of Nightmare's buff (and the community was clear about how much these new options were appreciated), but wanted to make this addition a more permanent fixture in a more streamlined way than simply making it baseline. This Legendary Gem should open that path up even further and at more opportunities than just late game Greater Rift pushing.

* Crafted Sets
    * Note: The following sets have been significantly revised from their existing level 70 counterparts. Items crafted prior to 2.6.6 will continue to exist in their old forms but will not be updated after the patch. In addition, after the patch, the old recipes will no longer be available to craft and all players will need to re-acquire these recipes by finding the plans again through Horadric Caches or by killing Odious Collectors.

* Sage's Journey
    * A Belt has been added to this set.
    * Haedrig the Blacksmith now automatically learns how to forge this set at Rank 12.

* Captain Crimson's Trimmings
    * (2) Set Bonus
    * Regenerates 6000 Life per Second
    * Reduces cooldown of all skills by10% 20%.
    * Now also reduces Resource Costs by 20%
    * (3) Set Bonus
    * Set bonuses have been replaced
    * Damage dealt is increased by your total percentage of Cooldown Reduction
    * Damage taken is reduced by your total percentage of Resource Cost Reduction

* Aughild's Authority
    * (2) Set Bonus
    * Set bonuses have been replaced
    * Reduces damage taken by 15%
    * Increases damage dealt by 30%
    * (3) Set Bonus
    * Reduces damage from elites by15% 30%
    * Increases damage against elites by15 30%

* Cain's Destiny
    * (2) Set Bonus
    * Attack Speed increased by 8%
    * +50% Experience. (5.0% at level 70) (Moved from (3) Set Bonus)
    * (3) Set Bonus
    * When a Greater Rift Keystone drops, there is a 25% chance for an extra one to drop.

Sorry for formatting, but uhh...

- Theme is a entirely new mechanic
    - New legendary effects
    - MORTICKS BRACE
    - LoN AS GEM!?!? Works w/ non-ancients at half the effect!!
    - Crafted set buffs

... holy shit

Noggin on
  • Options
    Wow.. weird... And neat!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited July 2019