As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Preview for death guard and thousand sons is up.

Weird that inferno boltguns are 6+/8+ when Interessor bolt rifles are 5+/8+.

I had that same 'wtf' thought when I saw that.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Ebay is a bizarre place for cheap models
    It depends.

My buddy has....something....which alerts him to certain items he's looking for and has gotten some stuff *ridiculously* cheaply while still being painted. You just have to be picky.

I myself just got a display level painted and magnetized Night Scythe / Doom Scythe (with an amazing base), 5 Immortals, and Anrakyr the Traveller (with an amazingly huge display base and he's magnetized on top to be able to be removed for games with a normal, but well-done, base). All of them were fully painted, and painted well (pretty close to my current Necron scheme, too), and their bases were better than anything I have for the Doom Scythe and rivaled the bases I have for the rest.

New, in box, unpainted and unbuilt, that'd cost $97.25 new. I paid $100. I essentially paid $2.75 for an awesome level of painting, magnetization, and basing.

One could argue that's not a great deal, still, but my buddy who scans Ebay a lot more frequently than I do has gotten even better deals. Even picked up Tank Commander Pask when the seller didn't realize it was Pask.

...of course, on the flip side, sometimes stuff gets damaged while enroute, so maybe it all evens out in the end :).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    TheColonel wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Preview for death guard and thousand sons is up.

Weird that inferno boltguns are 6+/8+ when Interessor bolt rifles are 5+/8+.

I had that same 'wtf' thought when I saw that.

My guess is that the Bolt Rifle preview might be wrong. A 5+ on a D12 is equivalent to 3+ on a d6, against everything that isn't a large target.

A big shoota is only 7+/9+

honovere on
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Mayday wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Why can't I find obliterators on the GW store....?

New models don't have their own box. Old models are out of print. Try Ebay for shadowspear sprues. Usually you can get two for about $30.

Also I just accepted my fate and got my 3rd Lord Discordant. Building this one with a flamer. So 3 LD list for me for NoVA Open now.

Crap... To eBay!

Khraul I have 4 metal oblits for sale, if you wish.

Appreciate the offer man, but I will pass. Just trying to find those new models.

Oh, you're looking for the new ones! Ok, cool.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »

Chaos Knights have their new names or at least a couple.

Armigers-War Dogs
    Normal Knights-Despoilers
    Big knights-Tyrants

u7stthr17eud.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    My Will Be Done is kind of butts in apoc. Nerfing my already not great Necrons.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I mean... its sort of hard to tell what's butts and what's not at this point. Everything interacts sooooo differently.

website_header.jpg
    Confirms my thoughts on Intercessor Bolt Rifles already needing to get an Errata. Deathwatch Intercessor Bolt Rifles are 5+/9+ and SM veteran special issue boltguns are 6+/9+

The Space Wolves one is interesting. Eliminators get a las-fusil for anti tank, Long Fangs can equip grav cannons, and a bunch of other models that have a lot of different options are being boiled down to (unit name) Weapons. I saw it on the Overlord, Lord, and Cryptek for Necrons as well.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

Interesting sneak peak at the plastic kits? Guessing the las fusiles will be in the. Sad that the supressors don't seem to be getting any new toys (las talon woulda been nice)

website_header.jpg
    edited June 2019
    Hey! Iron Priests have Thunderwolf as an option in apoc, sweet.

A lot of the Space Wolves HQs don't have options for ranged weapons. Not really a fan of that.

I'm wondering if there will be a generic weapon they get in the rules or something. My Wolves aren't really setup to be so melee centric. I do have 6 Thunderwolves and Canis, 10 Wulfen, and Terminators but no Blood Claws, Sky Claws, or really any jetpack units for melee.

Also, feels like Crypteks will be pretty important for Necrons in apoc since they all have a 6inch aura to ignore damage on a 6+.

Slightly disappointed they don't have the faction specific land raiders for the Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines. There really are not enough units that use hell frost guns in the Space Wolves.

Stragint on

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »

Ebay is a bizarre place for cheap models
    It depends.

My buddy has....something....which alerts him to certain items he's looking for and has gotten some stuff *ridiculously* cheaply while still being painted. You just have to be picky.

I myself just got a display level painted and magnetized Night Scythe / Doom Scythe (with an amazing base), 5 Immortals, and Anrakyr the Traveller (with an amazingly huge display base and he's magnetized on top to be able to be removed for games with a normal, but well-done, base). All of them were fully painted, and painted well (pretty close to my current Necron scheme, too), and their bases were better than anything I have for the Doom Scythe and rivaled the bases I have for the rest.

New, in box, unpainted and unbuilt, that'd cost $97.25 new. I paid $100. I essentially paid $2.75 for an awesome level of painting, magnetization, and basing.

One could argue that's not a great deal, still, but my buddy who scans Ebay a lot more frequently than I do has gotten even better deals. Even picked up Tank Commander Pask when the seller didn't realize it was Pask.

...of course, on the flip side, sometimes stuff gets damaged while enroute, so maybe it all evens out in the end :).

What I meant about ebay being weird is there are times you get hella good deals and don't even know it as they show a box or whatever
    I got when I came back into 40k 4 of the boardgames 1 for free. I found someone a couple of months ago selling the Necromunda game for $75 and I thought well I could do another Escher and the terrain is a bonus
    Most of the ones I have gotten painted or at least a base/primer coat needed some love as there are some that get dunked as soon as they arrive as it was far worse that I saw in the pic
    There are other items you run into the odd concept of value as how is it that price?

A lot of the Space Wolves HQs don't have options for ranged weapons. Not really a fan of that.
    None of the marine infantry characters seem to have guns, which is really odd. There might be a missing equipment table for characters or something that's in the main rulebook that lists out what guns they can take. I really cant see them missing ALL guns for so many datasheets.

website_header.jpg
    Chosen with chosen close combat weapons hit as hard as termis.

I like that.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Chosen with chosen close combat weapons hit as hard as termis.

I like that.

The problem is I kind of want to resurrect my Word Bearers but I like the look of the forgeworld blade slaves for some of the possessed. Just I had a horrible time playing them long ago my dice seemed cursed to roll bad and that with knowing how my CSM are from a different age is very daunting
    I should just pick an army and paint it rather than hopping back and forth

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    There are other items you run into the odd concept of value as how is it that price?
    Definitely. You really have to be careful / look at seller histories / zoom in REAL tight on some of those pictures. My first forays onto eBay were not something I'd brag about.

Ever. Or even barely admit to....but they were also totally on me as, when I went back, YEP, it was like that in the picture.....

It for damn sure is a wild and crazy place. And for the 3,496th time, I wish there was an easy way to buy already painted dudes / GW also sold painted dudes at a premium.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular

Armigers-War Dogs
    Big knights-Tyrants

Is there a forecast on the chaos knight codex release date?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6

Armigers-War Dogs
    Big knights-Tyrants

No. :(

u7stthr17eud.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Any day now GW will announce Codex SM 2 and the release of the Shadowspear multi-part kits. Annnnyyyyy day.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling

Armigers-War Dogs
    Big knights-Tyrants

No. :(

Dammit

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    A guy locally was selling a big batch of knights on Facebook and a buddy and I split the lot. I'm hoping very much I can convert them to chaos knights, so I want to see the codex details. They're unpainted and just begging for chaos bits to be glued on.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    While working on my homebrew chapter kill team I found a chapter icon that would work but alas wrong chapter and the history with it
    fj1z1p2d1tcd.jpg
    My homebrew is loyal primaris night lords they were pickled knowing who they were from but remained loyal

The Epub codices on the GW site are the living document versions that up get updated with every FAQ, correct?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Have they mentioned how attacks work?

I see a squad of 10 Grey Hunters has 2 attacks. Would that just be two dice for the whole squad or maybe two dice per model? I don't remember the how to play video mentioning that and I don't remember seeing it in any of the previews.

Curious if I had missed it.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    In Apocalypse units take actions, not models or even stands. Those two attacks are for the entire squad. Note that some shooting weapons key off the attacks stat too.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    The Epub codices on the GW site are the living document versions that up get updated with every FAQ, correct?

I think so? I am more annoyed by the fact in the Autarch {I have no idea how to say it} in the index xenos has more options than the codex one
    We kind of fudge it with my brother's since he has two one of them has a jump pack {no option for it in the codex yet it's in the index :rotate:} the Scorpion's Claw and Scorpion Chainsword with maniblasters they are a beast a wild tiger and take damage like fine china
    It was fun to take my wraithguard army out much to his annoyance Still I am curious what the apoc army is going to cost for real I know the rumors put it 160 but as he saw it might be worth getting

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure you can use index options

The codex just generally doesn't contain rules for stuff not currently sold by GW and requires kitbashing. Generally.

But yeah there's a GW faq around stating you can use it index wargear options

In the movement trays preview yesterday it seems the skaven found a gnawhole on a galactic scale
    7gla64h6ar23.png

Mr_Rose wrote: »
    In Apocalypse units take actions, not models or even stands. Those two attacks are for the entire squad. Note that some shooting weapons key off the attacks stat too.

Generally it looks like small arms are tied to the unit A-stat and it also states at the top of the datasheet that a unit is for example armed with boltguns. Some other weapons are described with a number of how many exist in a unit. Then you have as mayn dice as "[number of weapons]x[attack stat of weapon].

That also explains why for example a Tactical squad boltguns are 7+/9+ and the heavy bolter for them is also 7+/9+. The bolter stats represent the whole unit shooting, while the heavy bolter represents a single model shooting.
    That abstraction also explains why the weapon stats of characters are often worse than those of units.

Looking at Asuryani:
    Karandras looks great. While most characters get 1 attack in close combat, against light units he gets 4! with pretty nice weapon stats.
    10 Warlocks on Jetbikes with Conclave of Power might just murder everything.
    Runes of the Farseer and Path of Command look really interesting and might make Eldar really flexible and unpredictable.
    Asuryan makes Aspect Warriors really tough
    A wraithlord is cheaper than a SM dreadnought, but has better M, Ld, and Sv. Also has two close combat weapons and as such twice as many attacks with better stats than the dreadnought. The dreadnought gets a Storm Bolter and generally 1 more shot with its heavy guns.
    In Apoc a Fire Prism has the equivalent of a 60" Demolisher cannon.

Was looking at the imperial knights apoc data sheet and I noticed their melta guns are 11+ SAP. I wonder if that is an error or they just don't want melta to be effective at all against infantry.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Was looking at the imperial knights apoc data sheet and I noticed their melta guns are 11+ SAP. I wonder if that is an error or they just don't want melta to be effective at all against infantry.

Probably not an error, it looks like they're just trying to make anti-tank weapons more clearly defined. Haywire weapons have a 12+ SAP when in 40K proper they're actually decent against most infantry.

Burnage wrote: »

Probably not an error, it looks like they're just trying to make anti-tank weapons more clearly defined. Haywire weapons have a 12+ SAP when in 40K proper they're actually decent against most infantry.

I'm pretty down for that. Interested to see what other stuff comes out.

Finally built and magnetized the weapons on my stormhawk interceptor. Really like how the model looks. Kind of want to get two more.

Speaking of melta. Firedragons are hilarious. SAT 2+ with rerolls on 1s. Not wounding a tank with them is going to be so upsetting :D

I have a problem I got the crusade case to hold my eldar army but alas it's not going to work I could transfer my tyranid from it's home of a cardboard box with foam to it or the necrons since they have lived in a tackle box for the last decade
    Just I have no idea what to do about my jetbikes, falcons and wave serpents building a box is the only option but it would get silly

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    @Brainleech
    Either Feldherr or Battlefoam might be an option, a pricey option but a good one.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    It’s because the “unit of effect” is a cluster of five dudes on a base. That is, the SAP target number is normalised to five dudes on a base firing at another block of five dudes. Reducing the number of potential shots (one meltagun vs five bolt rifles for example) increases the difficulty even if that shot is really powerful in itself because nuking one dude out of five is not a kill shot in Apoc.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'm finally painting up my genestealer cultists, and I'm reminde of why I always get a bit frustrated painting minis like them. With something like a space marine, or a vehicle, or spaceship most of it you can paint basic colors and do detail stuff as you please without worrying about whether something is supposed to be a piece of cloth or made of leather or whatever, but on minis with lots of odds and ends and different materials and all that jazz, not only does it give a lot of litte stuff to paint but more importantly from my perspective, it means you have to figure out what's supposed to be what when you paint it, so you have to constantly like consult pictures or squint and try and figure if something is supposed to be a leather pouch or a little data-slate or something. It can be a bit overwhelming.

Oh and, would the people here recommend munitorum varnish? I have basically never put varnish on any of my minis and I really, really should but I can never figure out a good matte varnish to use.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Testors dullcoat is the only matte varnish I've ever had work for me and not instantly go cloudy.

website_header.jpg
    I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to run 3 stormfangs and 2 stormhawk interceptors or 2 stormfangs and 3 stormhawk interceptors.

Basically gonna only run them together in apoc and one friend has a Custodes army with 10 jet bikes and another friend has an extremely jump pack heavy Blood Angels army.

This discussion has been closed.