As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

I see your point. Heheh.

I think the skin looks crazy and that's cool. A lot of heroes don't have skins that make them look like a completely different creature.

Also I'm having terrible games tonight >.<

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    New rule that makes too much sense so they won’t add it; Widow is not allowed to be selected in comp unless you are at least over lvl 100.

Cuts back on the blatant smurfing people do to help friends or people paying to help them in a stack as well as people being so bad they have to cut their teeth with the lesser snipers on the roster.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    TexiKen wrote: »
    New rule that makes too much sense so they won’t add it; Widow is not allowed to be selected in comp unless you are at least over lvl 100.

Widow brings nothing of value to this game.

well that's not wholly fair: when there's a Widow in my match I suddenly lose all doubts and confusion about where I should be and who I should be diving with my Ball. That certainty of purpose has value.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Musicool wrote: »

well that's not wholly fair: when there's a Widow inn my match I suddenly lose all doubts and confusion about where I should be and who I should be diving with my Ball. That certainty of purpose has value.

I'm the opposite - where I need to be is without question in that Widow's face until one of us is dead, then move on to her team. For Ham it's more complicated - dive Widow or displace her team I guess?

I know I appreciate it when the Widow counters counter her - sometimes that high ground is tough to reach!

• Options
    Chance wrote: »
    Musicool wrote: »

well that's not wholly fair: when there's a Widow inn my match I suddenly lose all doubts and confusion about where I should be and who I should be diving with my Ball. That certainty of purpose has value.

I'm the opposite - where I need to be is without question in that Widow's face until one of us is dead, then move on to her team. For Ham it's more complicated - dive Widow or displace her team I guess?

I know I appreciate it when the Widow counters counter her - sometimes that high ground is tough to reach!

No I meant that all of that doubt goes away. Kill the hero who might pick someone off every second or so. There is only rarely a more important target.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Misread >.<

• Options
    Lab Coat Moira is pretty boss.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Zen is so distinctive though that they'll never have an issue with his silhouette. I don't think there's a limit to the amount of weirdness permitted in the skins for this game other than that.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Lab Coat Moira is pretty boss.

Yeah, I gotta start saving up for spring/summer next year, because it seems like most of the seasonal skins I want are either flashback or anniversary ones.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    My dream skin is something approaching a Baneling for Wrecking Ball.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i'm still holding out hope for a Lucio Ball Wrecking Ball

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Zek wrote: »
    Zen is so distinctive though that they'll never have an issue with his silhouette. I don't think there's a limit to the amount of weirdness permitted in the skins for this game other than that.

Ehhhh. I agree, which is why it bugs me that Zen gets to be a pharaoh and a baseball player and a sentient octopus controlling a zenbot and a tentacle-faced abomination from beyond the stars and a classic Christmas toy, while Widow, D.Va, Ashe, Mercy's skins are all a subtle variations on "Sexy ____" like the women's section of a Halloween store.

I'm not hating on Witch Mercy over here, I'd just like more crazy skins too like Slasher 76 or literally any of Hog's. Give me Werewolf of London Tracer.

I want those crazy-ass skins and I want +++more casual skins. Tracer in a comfy sweater and jeans! Tracer in tuxedo pants and a collared shirt with a tie! Tracer in a T-shirt and capri pants!

Mercy in a pair of cords and a sensible winter coat! And then Lifeguard.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Sombra's spooky skin is p. nice even if I don't use it

Also I'm sure someone somewhere on the Overwatch team is flexing incredible restraint with every fibre of their being to not develop a Baywatch Mercy that would print loot box money

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular

Also I'm sure someone somewhere on the Overwatch team is flexing incredible restraint with every fibre of their being to not develop a Baywatch Mercy that would print loot box money

I posted that idea a year ago, high five. See?! It's brilliant and such a no-brainer it beats out Kpop DvA for a duh ideas!

Also lol way to shit yourself Houston, losing to the worst team because you can't just put your foot on people's throats and panic away games trying to be cute.

• Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    Huge OWL upset likely soon - Titans, undefeated in the regular season, are on the edge of losing to the .333 Valiant

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    madparrot wrote: »
    Huge OWL upset likely soon - Titans, undefeated in the regular season, are on the edge of losing to the .333 Valiant

Meta shift has helped LAV immensely as well as some roster changes. They're playing super clean and Titans just don't have the personnel to play Sombra and Zarya at the same time. SMS is their only worthwhile Sombra and Zarya. Jjanu just can't compete on Zarya.

Kariv is also playing out of his mind.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    So. . .this Vancouver for Los Angeles game was ridiculous; LA's Anna was a sleep-machine. Amazing game; and those commentators could put Jim Ross to shame.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    myrem1 wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    I think the skin looks crazy and that's cool. A lot of heroes don't have skins that make them look like a completely different creature.

I wish Moira gets new skin soon.

For me, Moira is exactly like Reaper, in that I have little incentive to use any other skin available because the Blackwatch skins are so nifty.

Well, Moira's goth/Bowie skins maybe.

But honestly, I've used Moira's Blackwatch skin for so long that I just assume it's her default and get a bit surprised when I see the actual default skin.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

my boi joomla showing some kids the true meaning of the fedora

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Actually Bride is the one I always have on Sombra lol - but it's still a Disney princess look in a lotta ways.

Also they could only do a Baywatch Mercy if they gave her like a sweater tied around her waist to create the silhouette of her skirts like they did with Sombra's Tulum.

Edit: But y'know, Black Cat and Palanquin D.Va both completely change her silhouette out of mech with the addition of the skirts - maybe it's not such a hard-and-fast rule.

Chance on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019

Actually Bride is the one I always have on Sombra lol - but it's still a Disney princess look in a lotta ways.

Also they could only do a Baywatch Mercy if they gave her like a sweater tied around her waist to create the silhouette of her skirts like they did with Sombra's Tulum.

Edit: But y'know, Black Cat and Palanquin D.Va both completely change her silhouette out of mech with the addition of the skirts - maybe it's not such a hard-and-fast rule.

If I had to guess (and this would require some actual research/testing) I would say they're okay with making a character's model slightly bigger than normal while leaving the hitbox the same size (so e.g. you'd shoot through the part of her skirt/clothes that wouldn't be part of her normal hitbox) but would not make a character's model smaller because it'd either mean reducing the hitbox (huge no-no) or making part of the hitbox that's normally visible, invisible (not quite as bad since pretty much every default skin has invisible hittable sections, but would still offer an advantage).

Basically, since skins are optional they don't mind making them bigger because that's a disadvantage to the player using it, but making them smaller could possibly give an advantage (however small it may be).

Even if Mercy's little wingflap things aren't hittable, there are still rare cases where you'd be able to see them poking out from behind cover and know where she was, and that should be present on any other optional skin.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

If I had to guess (and this would require some actual research/testing) I would say they're okay with making a character's model slightly bigger than normal while leaving the hitbox the same size (so e.g. you'd shoot through the part of her skirt/clothes that wouldn't be part of her normal hitbox) but would not make a character's model smaller because it'd either mean reducing the hitbox (huge no-no) or making part of the hitbox that's normally visible, invisible (not quite as bad since pretty much every default skin has invisible hittable sections, but would still offer an advantage).

Basically, since skins are optional they don't mind making them bigger because that's a disadvantage to the player using it, but making them smaller could possibly give an advantage (however small it may be).

They've said they focus on silhouette. The real question is if folks can easily tell you who it is with only the outline.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

They've said they focus on silhouette. The real question is if folks can easily tell you who it is with only the outline.

Yeah that's the main priority, but like Chance mentioned there are definitely a number of skins that change the silhouette fairly noticeably (some group did a video about the most obvious ones and how much it could actually affect the enemy's ability to spot you behind cover). My only point was that even if they're willing to change the silhouette a little, they would only ever do it to make it bigger, not smaller.

• Options
    edited June 2019

I may not be the best judge here but I once confused a low-flying Valking Mercy for a dragonblading Genji.

Nope. Definitely not the best judge at this talent show.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I get Ana/Widow/Ashe mixed up all the time from the outline :(. Widow/Ashe kinda makes sense but I'm not sure how Ana gets in the mixup.

• Options
    Sym too. Sym could be Mercy, Tracer, Widow, D.Va...

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I just look at how they move more than just the silhouette.

• Options
    I generally listen more tbh. I listen for shots/footsteps around corners and generally know what I'm heading in to (unless they're baiting me with like a camped McCree).

Like at a glance you can always tell except for wellll once in a while you're like "wait where was the Baby D.Va?"

• Options
    yeah tbh it's rare that the lady silhouettes cause me any actual issues in-game, except for once in a while i think i'm getting shot by a baby dva and go in for a (relatively) easy kill, but it turns out it's mercy and she proceeds to murderize me

• Options
    Had some amazing games last night! I saw the Matrix.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Yeah move animations tend to give away the character (if not the audio report of their attacks)
    But I do sometimes wrongly call out certain heroes esp if they're very stationary off in the distance, mostly between Ash/Widow/Ana (which is honestly a pretty significant mis-call to make). Some silhouettes are more similar than others

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Had some amazing games last night! I saw the Matrix.

I had the two extremes today. On the one hand, carrying my team of incompetent higher-SR idiots by making flawless plays and on-point reads of each teamfight and each moment-to-moment play...and then being a total braindead zombie who couldn't even comprehend what was happening on my screen.

The brain is an incredible thing. I wish I could understand it.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    My zen game was pretty on point yesterday, I forced a widow to switch to reaper after landing 3 kills on him and then got another 3 after he kept trying to 1v1 me. I've been trying to work on my positioning and charge volleys so it's nice for it to feel like it's paying off. One match I even solo healed as zen and we won! I think that's more on the rest of my team than me though, hah.

I've also been finding that in QP, a lot of times people just aren't paying attention enough to notice when composition needs to change... on the one hand it's QP but still. So I've been trying to be more vocal about calling for comp changes. Sometimes that Pharah just really wants to play into the enemy team's torb turret + double sniper though :( .

• Options
    Solo healing gives me an aneurysm

I literally don't give a fuck about team comp as long as we have 2 healers. That's how low my standards are in pub queue. Anyone can play as batshit insane comp as they like but if healers can't keep up with babysitting them it won't mean anything

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Solo healing gives me an aneurysm

I literally don't give a fuck about team comp as long as we have 2 healers. That's how low my standards are in pub queue. Anyone can play as batshit insane comp as they like but if healers can't keep up with babysitting them it won't mean anything

I dunno, 3/2/1 works fine for me as long as the tanks and dps pick enough self-sustaining heroes. Which doesn't just mean having a healing ability. It can mean being a Hammond on a map with lots of megas. Or an Orisa, who, if she's not getting super pressured in CQB, needs almost no healing whatsoever. Or hell, a Widow against a comp that can't dive her. That kinda thing.

It gets tough when the 1 healer is an off-healer, but as a former healer main I'm not going to tell a solo healer what to pick. That's on the 3rd dps to solve - or to shut up and deal with the consequences of their actions. But then I'm not a big fan of 'be the change you want to see in the world'. That's a great way for social leeches to continue behaving badly. For me, it's about reciprocity, having personal limits, and (politely) encouraging change in those leeches when they complain about the problems they created.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Hog rollouts are coming.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Only enemy players - since forever lol

Edit: I gotta' say - I had some more incredible games last night. First game was being on the receiving end of a wtfpwn stomp (vs. a Torb + Bast pirate ship on Junker), but after that I dialed it in and pulled off some awesome stuff. Getting 3/6 of the reds to chase me back to their spawn, letting my team take the point, constantly swinging through a backline, one-clipping a support, fading away and coming back for seconds...

Man I love Tracer. Idk if that's been evident, but she's so fun it's ridiculous.

Chance on
This discussion has been closed.