As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Taking inspiration from Dr. Flamingo, I agree that it helps to maintain a list of units you want but don't have. Helps maintain discipline in the face of Mirror Impact or Swift Sparrow 4!

Mine is:
    Tibarn
    L!Alm
    L!Roy
    Elincia
    Mist, but only if she were demoted and easily mergable

Also need 10 more Caineghis haha. Even one to wipe out -Atk would be great!

I rolled the free roll and one extra this morning, got two 3 stars and regretted wasting 4 orbs. Oh well.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Oof. Pity broken by the wrong waifu on a circle with no blues. Guess it's time to go do those "clear TT 10 15 times" quests.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I decided to just summon the first full round for kicks. Nothing noteworthy!

Hopefully the legendary banner isn’t too exciting, I might want to start saving for CYL 3 at some point.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I got greedy and did a round of summoning with 17 orbs. What are the odds of getting a 5-blue orb banner? 100%

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    So I just learned a thing today that a friend of mine stumbled on. Apparently if you go into options and toggle the "Smart End" option, there's an "Exclude Pair Ups" setting that only uses Smart End if the remaining units aren't paired up (i.e. so you have the option to swap before ending the turn). I didn't realize this was a thing. It was always so annoying having to be careful with how I moved because I finished with someone I wanted to swap only to have Smart End immediately switch to enemy phase (and then my archer get face tanked or something).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA. You remember how I mentioned my shortlist of heavily desired units, that keeps shrinking because the units keep pitybreaking me? Well guess who pulled a Fallen Corrin on their free pull of the Summer revival banner?

Now all that's left is Nah, Legendary Roy, and a handful of old seasonals.

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I've been trying to get a second Kjelle to merge out mine's -ATK bane, and have been rewarded with two more Ophelias instead.

OK game

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    For the first time ever, I have completed all active quests. That's how bad I'm scraping for orbs.

IS really needs to friggin overhaul Arena Assault already. It's such a tedious ass mode. I usually try for a deathless run each week but I think I'm gonna say fuck it this week. I got one with two deaths, few ranks down from what I usually get. It's just SUCH a hassle I don't wanna try again (and again and again as I inevitably get one death on like match 5 or some bullshit).

At the very least, this thing needs to absolutely be shortened to 5 maps instead of 7 like Arena was. That would help a lot.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Or just save your used units/seals and let you do the matches one at a time, separately, instead of having to sit down and do all 7 consecutively. If I could do one a day it wouldn't be such a pain in the ass.

Worst part is that it's the best source of coins.

E: Speaking of modes I hate, I like the story in Forging Bonds but I'd appreciate it more if it didn't involve grinding out a thousand floor 10 training tower matches.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Yea assault would be infinitely better if it wasn't a requirement to do it in one shot.

camo_sig.png
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Sweet, free first Ophelia.

Super pissed there is no Tibarn. It'll be somewhat better if he is on the Legendary banner, but I hate sniping on those. LRyoma is a complete dud for me too.

Yeah Tibarn would have been nice. Then again not having temptation to waste orbs is nice :P

I did a thing
    xcyaszuk88mr.png

Finally got Laegjarn, 200+ orbs.

+Res, -Atk. Of course.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    His ability to buff the team is great, but I’m not too excited about anyone on this banner. Good for saving up for CYL!

Yeah, I was crossing my fingers Myrhh didn't show on this one, and this banner's an easy pass.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Oh hey, Tibarn on a Voting Gauntlet banner! ...Of four units. And he shares a color. With Grey. Good luck, Acheron!

Edit: Oh dang, Flying Olivia is here too... It's not like pity breakers affect your odds THAT MUCH, right? And extra copies of Mia aren't the worst thing in the world........ Nah I gotta save up.

Dr. Flamingo on
    ivzk7dvlsah1.jpg
    Took all my orbs and he is -Atk (which I expected), but WOOHOO!!

Didn't even get a single Gray first. I already know from using my Caineghis that just having a hero you want is far more important than IVs. Won't stop me from sinking my orbs into it over the next 9 days looking for another, but what a relief. Already fed him brave Roy for galeforce and desperation.

edited June 2019
    Hell yeaah!

Wait you fed him a Brave Roy? Can't sign off on that but congrats.

Dr. Flamingo on
    Yeah I got to a point where having 150+ five stars was just pointless. Never used most, esp with blessed gardens gone. Started aggressively foddering if it helped a favorite. My only Lucina went to Caineghis for Aether, and I'd give up brave Lucina too! Haha. Still have a spare BRoy. I could use 20k feathers on a Cordelia, but I have too many merge projects for that.

Speaking of which, check out my newly finished AR Ophelia Slayer. At least during light season! Without the extra res he can still sometimes die to her!

2uimkv05f3u1.jpg

I want to pull for Tibarns... but I also do not want to spend a lot of money T_T Rip I guess. My orbs gotta go towards Eliwood.

Got Tibarn on the free pull when I was only hoping for a Hinata at best. +SPD/-HP which probably isn't ideal but also not bad.

s7Imn5J.png
    It took me a bit too long to pull Eliwood :/ I kept getting lobsters... he is now +10 :/ Oh well, I got Eliwood at least now.

Hmmmmmmm next month there's only one red legend scheduled for the legendary banner. Hot Springs Elise will be one of the open slots, which means there's also a spot open for Valentine's Ike. Buuut if he's NOT on the banner, he'll get pushed to the next one, alongside Legendary Roy and Legendary Ike, which would be the hypest possible red pool on a legendary banner for me.

Y'know, I've been running Cherche with the same general build since launch:
    Reposition
    Bonfire
    Deathblow 4
    Hit and Run
    Hone Fliers
    Quickened Pulse

it's served me pretty well, but it's 100% player-phase, and therefore isn't terribly great at the tougher difficulty Hero Battles. So last night I switched it up to try to finally clear Ursula Infernal:

Pivot
    Galeforce
    Distant Counter
    Vantage 3
    Hone Atk 3
    Quick Riposte 3

Made quick work of that particular fight. I can't believe I never thought to try a mixed-phase build. She's every bit as monstrous in that role.

I have a +1, + spd Celica with refine. She just murdered the entire Abyssal Eliwood with 3 wings of mercy dancers. Dang.

I normally don't even bother with abyssals, but that Knight head piece looks pretty good.

edited June 2019
    Acheron wrote: »
    I have a +1, + spd Celica with refine. She just murdered the entire Abyssal Eliwood with 3 wings of mercy dancers. Dang.

I normally don't even bother with abyssals, but that Knight head piece looks pretty good.

Oh right, I forgot that was a team I could do. I didn't try Infernal+ yet because my dragon team was barely able to do Lunatic. (plus was tired last night and didn't want to deal with it yet :P)

Warlock82 on
    LEliwood has amazing artwork. And I like his hybrid of damage dealer and support. This banner has nothing else I want though, and I'm on zero orbs!

The quest for a second Tibarn ended at 4% with an Ike pity breaker. Aether fodder I guess... back to saving. Next month's legendary banner will be worth orbs for colorless.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    75 orbs on the newest weekly revival banner got me Brave Lyn, Amelia, and finally the Hector I wanted. Not bad.

Lyn was used in a merge to get rid of a troublesome RES superbane on my +SPD one, Amelia will likely go to Fallen Robin to support Cainighis on beast teams, and Hector was mostly a scheme to assuage my guilt for maybe doing the Titania build I've always wanted. (Wish I could get more merges, though.)

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Barst may be the first voting Gauntlet contestant on permanent bonus.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Oh thank god it's finally over. 11,055 lift.

I didn't really do anything different; I just lucked out this time I guess. V!Lyn, Surtr, F!Olivia, Eir, Gunnthra.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Oh snap!
    5hlgd2c31sm8.png

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    So 30 houses for +10?

camo_sig.png
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I'm going to go ahead and guess my +10 Nino hit with Gray Waves
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Oh thank god it's finally over. 11,055 lift.

I didn't really do anything different; I just lucked out this time I guess. V!Lyn, Surtr, F!Olivia, Eir, Gunnthra.

Welcome to the coasting club!

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    Yooo, EXACTSIES!
    If only my battery were at 69%

edited July 2019
    Warlock82 on