As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    EDIT: He went to Heat Denver at #44 in 2nd.

Dirtyboy on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Word on Bol is the medical stuff is bad and teams got a little scared.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

I agree with Jalen Rose in that they will look like a playoff team next season

Trae, Huerter, and Reddish raining 3's

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I’m rooting for the Hawks, I think- they got rid of their racist owner and execs right?

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    that hawks team is going to give up like 150 points a game.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I’m rooting for the Hawks, I think- they got rid of their racist owner and execs right?

If you are referring to Danny Ferry, an investigation concluded that was a big misunderstanding that he nonetheless still took the blame for.
    [the] investigation, which included 19 witness interviews and reviewed the contents of more than 24,000 emails, made clear that the offensive language was not Ferry's and none of Ferry's remarks or behavior during the call were motivated by racial or ethnic animus, or by a person's country of origin. To the contrary, the investigation found Ferry shared his own opinion of Deng, recommended him both personally and professionally and ultimately tried to sign him to the team.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2015/06/22/Ferry-resigns-cleared-of-racial-remarks/3611410270575/

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Knight_ wrote: »

It’s going to be so fun

I dunno De'Andre Hunter looks like another Kawhi

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Yeah, but they will score 135 a game, and wont that be impressive?

The 2012 Phoenix Suns got old after a while if you ask me.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Hunter and Reddish should be solid on D, maybe not immediately but they can both be good 3-and-D guys. Cam will have to grow into it a bit and he wasn't super consistent in college but he was 18 so that's kind of normal. They were on two of the top 5 defensive teams in the country in college.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Butters wrote: »

If you are referring to Danny Ferry, an investigation concluded that was a big misunderstanding that he nonetheless still took the blame for.
    [the] investigation, which included 19 witness interviews and reviewed the contents of more than 24,000 emails, made clear that the offensive language was not Ferry's and none of Ferry's remarks or behavior during the call were motivated by racial or ethnic animus, or by a person's country of origin. To the contrary, the investigation found Ferry shared his own opinion of Deng, recommended him both personally and professionally and ultimately tried to sign him to the team.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2015/06/22/Ferry-resigns-cleared-of-racial-remarks/3611410270575/

The weird thing about the Ferry incident is that we still don't really have a full accounting of what actually happened. The best approximation we have is that someone wrote racist shit about Deng in a scouting report, and Ferry read that report aloud. But we don't know the context. Was he actually saying it publicly to admonish the scout for writing dumb, racist shit? Was he saying it in tacit agreement without overtly supporting the racist statements? Was Ferry just mindlessly repeating the report? Did he recognize the comments for what they were but didn't want to "rock the boat" and let them slide? Or did he try to combat them more surreptitiously by disagreeing with them but ignoring the racial component and refocusing the discussion back to basketball?

Even if you take for granted that Ferry himself is not a card-carrying member of the KKK and is not a racist in his heart of hearts, the most likely scenarios are still not a good look. Because short of outright stating that the report is racist before/after reading it, or refusing to read it and speaking to the scout personally about how racist its contents were, reading them in a meeting means he's either unaware of how racist those comments were or unwilling to stand up to them on their face.

Inquisitor77 on
    I think it's important to note we never got any acts of defiance or "not a racist bone in my body" bullshit from him either. He still offered his resignation despite being "cleared" in the investigation.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm watching Blue Chips for the first time in a long time.

It's funny, when I was a kid, I remember thinking about how terrible these players were for demanding money and how evil the friends of the program were.

Now that I'm older and know better... That dude is 100% right and they should be getting all of this shit

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    ET for Baze! I'll miss ET's weird alien voice and sense of humor, but goddam will I be glad to put someone with a modicum more shooting in that spot.

Looks like Anfernee Simons is likely to go right into that backup spot. Should be fun!

So were any rookies besides Luka and sometimes Trae any good this season

edited June 2019
    Giannis is MVP
    Gobert is DPOY
    Lou is 6th man
    Siakim is MIP
    Luka is ROY

Xehalus on
    who cares anymore

i haven't given a shit about any award since they changed the announcement to be in basically july.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    yeah, i couldn't care less

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I'm genuinely more interested in Furkan Korkmaz going to play in Turkey than the MVP at this point

who cares

three months ago at this point

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    They've got to do these awards before the playoffs if they're only going to be for the regular season. If nothing else, it adds one more storyline to the playoffs, which is meaningless, but fun

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    GwWlker.png

don't lump xena in with kevin sorbo.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I can't believe how unpatriotic those canadians are

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    African/American

Thanks, Twitter, for giving Kevin Sorbo his first shot at relevance in 20 years.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Thanks, Twitter, for giving Kevin Sorbo his first shot at relevance in 20 years.

The internet was a missstaakkkeee

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jesus Christ, Kevin Sorbo

I'm not being pithy. He's recently found relevance as conservative Twitter troll.

I'm not being pithy. He's recently found relevance as conservative Twitter troll.

That's the worst thing I've heard all day.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular

Also pretty sure he got accused of being shady by getting romance scenes added to a show after the actress turned him down.

Kelor wrote: »

Also pretty sure he got accused of being shady by getting romance scenes added to a show after the actress turned him down.

Sorbo is a piece of shit. That's pretty well known.

Sorbo is the creepiest person alive

also Ujiri is staying with Toronto

• Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    I think my IQ dropped about 5 points processing that tweet. Good Lord.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    sigh...kevin sorbo you piece of shit

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Rockets trying to force Philly into a sign and trade for Butler.

Butler is a good player, but he seems pretty self-centered and toxic to teams.

Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Rockets trying to force Philly into a sign and trade for Butler.

Butler is a good player, but he seems pretty self-centered and toxic to teams.

So perfect fit in Houston

This discussion has been closed.