As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Alchemist Code] Yauras, we hardly knew ye

1171819202123»

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Currently trying to work on Mia, but man I'm so strapped for materials right now and also the Wratharis Babel EX is kind of not easily auto-able so Wratharis flags are a fucker

Doesn't help that I already enlightened Zahar a bunch and I'm also working on Spica

• Options
    Zahar MVP (With Balt pulling backup) for farming Dark Laevateinn's Sword on auto

Using my Zahar, Eggy's Zahar, and then my Balt is enough Zeele to just life drain through the entire mission

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    EggyToast wrote: »
    She's a good way to build up a dark team, though. Her and Mia are a good pair, and Mia's halloween event is rerunning so she's easy to build up in the scheme of things. With enlightenment she's SRS BSNS, doubly so with her memento.

Fair enough. I don't get much time to play lately though.

On which note, could I add any of you guys? I have zero friends in this game and I figure good friend units might help with actually trying hard stages without getting smacko'd.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Sure, feel free to add me, I'll always make room for people I know

My friend id is IKHJTIAD

• Options
    Man, I was not expecting an EO collab. I will need everything.

...where's the Unit Summon ticket from the challenge board? I completed it, went to gifts, picked up everything (and it showed in the list of picked up things)... and it doesn't seem to be in my ticket summon list.
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Sure, feel free to add me, I'll always make room for people I know

My friend id is IKHJTIAD

Alright, thanks. I think I've set up my mercenaries as well?

• Options
    Well, managed to get the Sovereign, though it cost me half of my 10K gems on the step-up (also got dragoon Chloe as a bonus). Now the question is how many shards do I need to get to make her usable, and how to get them.

In other news, I don't think I'm going to manage to get the kill owlbeast+ missions. Bastard jumps too much and too fast.

• Options
    The challenge board ticket doesn't work until next week when they add Protector and Shaman

Sovereign is generally considered one of the better collab units, and related to previous discussion, part of that is access to Diviner, though Sovereign itself is also an interesting job that essentially has Vaccine+Overclock+Null Wave

The Owlbeast is a pain in the fucking ass, but there are ways to slow it down that make it much more manageable

Actually, I'll toss my Othima into my Water slot if you need him, Ill Atmosphere fucks up his day

• Options
    Well, thankfully, the stages give enough Fencer shards that I could reasonably limit break her to 85 without actually needing to ever kill the Owlbear+. I wish there was some reasonable way to get Sovereign shards though. At least to get her to 75.

• Options
    People will sort of dismissively tell you that only the absolute top top tier units like Roxanne or Vier are worth it, but Sovereign isn't a terrible place to park some Thunder shards

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Drascin, if you're on FB, there's an event where you can complete a maze and submit it for 25 shards of a unit of your choice. It's pretty easy (of course), and hey, 25 free shards.

You can send me an invite if we're not already friends, my IGN is the same as here :)

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Oh also tomorrow or Wednesday is her Advent, which you can get a guaranteed 13 shards of hers if you're OK spending gems to continue. It will be a very hard stage but you can continue (for 8 gems). Usually 1-4 continues is enough for any reasonably developed team.

• Options
    Mobius tower coming back next week

Might have to actually try and pair up to clear it this time, I totally missed our last time because of connection issues

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Oh also tomorrow or Wednesday is her Advent, which you can get a guaranteed 13 shards of hers if you're OK spending gems to continue. It will be a very hard stage but you can continue (for 8 gems). Usually 1-4 continues is enough for any reasonably developed team.

I mean, define "reasonably developed" :P. I haven't managed to build a full element team for any element yet. Closest is Light, and I still kinda need to use Teona on it. And I still can't really deal with gear.

Drascin on
  • Options
    4-6 units within an element that have all 3 jobs unlocked and mastered, and can hopefully kill something.

That said, using a continue restores your units with full health, 100CT, sets enemy CT to 0 (netting you usually 2 turns in a row), and with full jewels. That usually lets 1 continue make good headway into clearing any stage.

If you were to use like, 10 continues -- which is a lot -- that would also still only be 80 gems. You get 60 a day just for doing dailies... Is that worth 13 shards?

• Options
    4-6 units within an element that have all 3 jobs unlocked and mastered, and can hopefully kill something.

That said, using a continue restores your units with full health, 100CT, sets enemy CT to 0 (netting you usually 2 turns in a row), and with full jewels. That usually lets 1 continue make good headway into clearing any stage.

If you were to use like, 10 continues -- which is a lot -- that would also still only be 80 gems. You get 60 a day just for doing dailies... Is that worth 13 shards?

A fair point. Today seems to have been Vettel (which I can probably farm normally), but I'll make sure to check tomorrow.

Also, dumbass question: what decides whether you can use skip tickets or not? Sometimes I can use tickets on beaten stages and sometimes I can't, and I have no idea why. I have a pile of EO tickets but I can't use them on the Hard stages anyway.

• Options
    Christ, how does one get to the point you can do these stages without continues? I needed like eight continues to get these ten shards. Neica is level 82, all three jobs mastered, all equipment enhanced, and she was basically tickling the enemies! Stage didn't help of course, what with most of my skills being height range 3 or so and the scenario being a mess of vertical buildings that the enemies could hit me through but I couldn't hit back.

• Options
    If you're talking about the Advent stages, then you get to that point... Maybe six months or so in the future even if you're at the absolute top of the game?

They're super overturned for where we are currently, and they're generally accepted to be functionally impossible to beat without continues.

People just do them with a few continues because the gem investment is pretty cheap for the shards you get.

On an unrelated note, tweaked my arena team and I'm really liking Zahar/Balt/Mielikki

Looking forward to Saga Babylon chapter, with my 150ish Balt shards ready for his enlightenment

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Ugh I guess my hot streak had to end sometime

No Protector, Shaman, or EO memento

My EO ticket got me Dancer Shenmei though, and my 500 gem memento draw got me Vettel's memento and Shayna's extremely good 4* memento

Sooooort of tempted to keep drawing on the memento banner due to the limited-ness of the memento and how strong it is on those characters, but honestly I should probably just stop here. Dancer Shenmei and Dragoon Chloe are at least still Greed Dike and Envylia, so they can make use of other mementos

EDIT: Even though I shouldn't have, I went in on the memento banner. Step 3 got me my fucking fourth Chloe memento, and then Step 5 got me the EO memento. There goes my gem stash.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I rolled the 500 level on the EO banner and the memento thing for the future, and I got Protector, a red memento for Spica that apparently also gives her a costume (can someone explain how in the fuck enhancing mementos works? I have no idea what this stuff is), and 25 shards for Sovereign for some reason. I was not aware memento banners could drop shards?

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Do you have Sovereign already? That sounds like you drew a dupe.

Anyway the way leveling mementos works is run the apple daily, the new pro level is actually really good and running it three times gives you enough ratty cards to bring a memento up to around level 20ish

Spica's memento is very good, and gives her a bit more of the #1 thing she is lacking, Agi

Also everyone should make sure to run gold rush every day now because the new pro difficulty is actually fucking amazing?

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I can manage to do the EX1 quest for Etrian, seems, as long as I can manage a strong Thunder mercenary. Wonder if it's worth farming for shards for the Protector's sword, since I got her.

Also, wow, the Sovereign's Ad Nihilo hits hard. Like, she's lvl 73 and she's hitting harder than Neica at 83.

Drascin on
  • Options
    I err on the side of always farming up collab weapons for characters I get, and sometimes those I don't (Pride's doodad from FMA has +5% Piercing Damage on it)

• Options
    Time is a concern, though. Taking down this stage is not quick with my limited team. But it seems like I could reasonably spend the gear selector to get the base sword, and then use the shards from the stage milestones to level it up, if it's a good choice.

• Options
    Okay, I can barely get the EX2 stage, too. I'm going to farm at least my Monarch Rod to 5*, because Sovereign seems good and honestly the Monarch March is pretty good (heal plus buffs in large area is very nice).

You know, it occurs I have a reasonably solid core to start a Thunder team. I've been using Teona to plug my normal team already so she's like lv83, I have Sovereign at 75, and I have enough shards from dupes to get Fujika to like lv80, and Neica has taught me Battlemages be good. Wonder who I could make a fourth.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Oh boy, it's Sol time tomorrow

Wonder if our banner will be as shit as Japan's was
    (Japan's Sol banner was a Sol and Cadanova rate up, five step unlimited banner, no guaranteed 5* on any step, step 5 just had double chance to get Sol or Cadanova if you did get a 5*)

I'd lament the fact that I went so hard on the EO memento, but since Sol isn't dropping with his enlightenment he's not exactly going to be the powerhouse he was in JP when he arrived, and also I need to save for Desert Zone's Babylon Chronicle and hopefully get at least one copy of Balt's ridiculously good memento.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I talked a big game but I went too hard on the Sol banner like a fucking rube, and came away with NOTHING (Except Fury, Neun, and loads of dupes)

I did get Acht's memento, which was the one I wanted though

Now I'm waffling over sharding Zain and Yauras to 85 before buying their shards

EDIT: Welp, dumped the shards into Zain, Yauras, and also did Kudanstein since he was already at 80 anyway. I'll have time to build up more shards to think about doing the same for Basheeny later. Next up will be Othima, once I get some more Water shards in hand.

Also now that I've put the effort into those three specifically, man oh man I hope I can get their mementos without too much trouble haha.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Ah goddamnit. I didn't notice there was a new challenge board. Now I don't have time to fulfill the whole thing, I think, because boy the lightning EX version goes SIGNIFICANTLY harder than the thunder version. I can barely do the thunder EX version despite only having, like, two actually half-decent wind units and one is Fencer, but the lightning 3/day mission goes real hard real fast. And you need five wins and I only have 4 days left.

Drascin on
  • Options
    Hey @Drascin , they're rerunning the stage so that should mean you can do the board too!

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Really disappointed at what they're doing with memento banners

2.5k step 1 means I'm not even pulling on them a single time this week

That said,
    aERwoKa.png?1

EDIT: Apparently the memento banner is just bugged and didn't reset from last time, welp.

I can remain disappointed, at least, in the fact that they're going straight to 2.5k step 2 with mementos after the first few banners went 500>1500>2500

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    They fixed that memento banner and I got Cadanova/Miuna's memento

But I'm still disappointed with how they're handling banners, damnit!

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Well, banners are going memento-only in a week.

And hey, Attack on Titan collab and guilds/raids. Hmm!

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I'm not really dying to get any of these characters, although Eren would be nice for LS I guess

Need to get some of those teacups

What I really want, though, is just to get some of the fucking Desert Zone mementos

Need Balt and Ramses mementos so bad

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I like that there's an AoT collab. Gives me a few free weeks to store gems for later banners.

(I am not a fan of AoT)

• Options
    edited June 2019
    They're good units but honestly you don't miss out on a ton by not having them

Levi gets propped up a ton because he does a shitload of damage and is fast, but also he shatters like glass if an enemy looks at him

Dark also isn't lacking for readily available strong units (Zahar, Rosa, Gormalas, Reido, Mia...)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    No Levi for me, sadface

I did get Lamia and Basheeny mementos though, so I need those Dark shards to feed to Basheeny anyway

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Credit where credit is due

This event has actually been excellent

84 free shards for each collab character from daily quests, 5 more from logins, the occasional 5* shard tickets, up to 15 (more likely 13 but still) free shards for each character via Advent of Phantoms, raids give tons of rewards, 25 of each elemental shard in the final week, guaranteed AoT memento banners, guaranteed Eren banner

The downside has been that the rest of the banners have remained the five step unlimited banners, which are absolute trash

Maddoc on