As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB 2021: Dodgers/Braves Cheatros/Wahh Sox

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    don't forget how hard the Mariners fleeced the Mets for prospects this offseason

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    don't forget how hard the Mariners fleeced the Mets for prospects this offseason

There's always a bigger mark.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

I dunno, the Mets might be the pinnacle there

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

I dunno, the Mets might be the pinnacle there

I think the Giants might still be worse off. Like going for Diaz almost makes sense, and I'd rather have Cano than Longoria even if they're just differing levels of dead weight. And at least the prospects they traded aren't hitting .360 through 200 at-bats for the Pirates.

But it's definitely a race to the bottom.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Hi MLB thread! I'm here at game 2 (we were also here for game 1) of the A's and Cards series. This wouldn't be worth posting in and of itself, perhaps, if I hadn't also seen the Stanley Cup with my own eyes just minutes ago, about 50 feet away from me. Good game to be at!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Also the second night in a row that cards fans gave a standing ovation for Piscotty, which is really cool.

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I haven’t been paying close attention to the Mariners because you can only get your heart broken so many times but my local sports radio guys have been saying that the plan is to have zero guaranteed money on the payroll by 2021, and then spend $150 million building a winner.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I mean... when do out current sluggers contracts come up? Is that even feasible?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    I mean... when do out current sluggers contracts come up? Is that even feasible?

You guys already offloaded half of Edwin's contract

• Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

You guys already offloaded half of Edwin's contract

I mean our cheap guys. We have to start paying them money when their contracts are up.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Going to need a bottom of the 18th rally from the twins.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Going to need a bottom of the 18th rally from the twins.

We didn't get it. They're done regressing now, right? Like, 52-28 is a not bonkers win-rate that we can maintain, right?

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Tyler Skaggs was found unresponsive in his hotel room before the Angel's-Ranger's game and has passed away.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Tyler Skaggs was found unresponsive in his hotel room before the Angel's-Ranger's game and has passed away.

Man that's horrifying.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Resurrecting this thread because hot dog, my twins are still heading in the right direction and also:

Edit: context for right before that picture:

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Impact must have changed his jersey color.

Also didn't Pineda just get popped for a masking agent?

Also if the Yankees win tomorrow/Monday they put the Red Sox out of contention for the division, so fingers crossed.

RedTide on
  • Options
    Oops I must have copied the wrong tweet. My feed is deluged by Twins stuff though so I can’t find the right one. Anyways, it was him rumbling and stumbling around the bases too anyways. This is the best part of the year for me. Right before we lose miserably to the Yankees in the playoffs.

• Options
    Twins magic number at 7. Nearly five hour game tonight, good fun extra inning drama.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    The one bright spot for the Royals this year has been Jorge Soler's power surge. Looks like him and Trout will duel it out the last 10 games of the year for the AL home run title. Considering Soler's home park is Kauffman and he's still brushing up against 50 dingers, god knows the numbers he'd put up with a porch that's not 380ft away down the power alleys.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    The one bright spot for the Royals this year has been Jorge Soler's power surge. Looks like him and Trout will duel it out the last 10 games of the year for the AL home run title. Considering Soler's home park is Kauffman and he's still brushing up against 50 dingers, god knows the numbers he'd put up with a porch that's not 380ft away down the power alleys.

Trout is done for the year with an injury

Which sucks because he had a shot at a new personal best WAR

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Trout is done for the year with an injury

Which sucks because he had a shot at a new personal best WAR

Yeah, that's what I get for not checking the MLB wire for a couple of days. And it does suck, never want to see a talent like that go under the knife and lose a chunk of their physical prime.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Such bull crap that the Twins have to face the Yankees every damn time we make the playoffs.

• Options
    Such bull crap that the Twins have to face the Yankees every damn time we make the playoffs.

Would you rather be in the Rays shoes?

• Options

Or the Royals in the late 70's, losing to the Yankees 3 straight AL Championship series (the 77 and 78 teams would've probably been as dominant against the Lasorda Dodgers as the Yanks wound up being, the 76 Royals would've gotten creamed by the Reds probably worse than the Yanks did.).

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

Or the Royals in the late 70's, losing to the Yankees 3 straight AL Championship series (the 77 and 78 teams would've probably been as dominant against the Lasorda Dodgers as the Yanks wound up being, the 76 Royals would've gotten creamed by the Reds probably worse than the Yanks did.).

The real problem the Twins have is that they're likely losers against every playoff adjacent team except the Athletics this go around.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    this is more than 3 years tho, I feel like the yankees have been beating up on the twins in the playoffs for a decade and a half

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Swept by the Yankees again. Oh well, it was a fun regular season.

• Options
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    this is more than 3 years tho, I feel like the yankees have been beating up on the twins in the playoffs for a decade and a half

It is real. Yankees since 2003: 16-2 (.889) vs. the Twins and 36-47 (.434) vs. all other teams.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    The Cards absolutely brutalized the Braves. Ouch.

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »
    The Cards absolutely brutalized the Braves. Ouch.

Yeah one could say the braves got chopped. EH EH EH EH EH EH?

EH?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Holy cow the Nats won!

Off a 10th-inning Grand Slam!

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    As a Giants fan, let me say that having the Dodgers lose in such a fashion is just, like, the best.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    More like Clayton Crapshaw. #Gottem

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Today is due or die for the Astros, if the Yankees manage to pull off a win against Verlander on the road it's hard to see them making it to game 6 or 7.

• Options
    I cannot believe the Astros started Verlander of game 4 of their ALDS. Its coming back to haunt them now.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Its odd watching your adopted hometown beat the living pants off the team you grew up on.

But really it would be great for the Nats to win.

I also continue to be in the "Anyone but the Yankees" category for life.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Its odd watching your adopted hometown beat the living pants off the team you grew up on.

Yeah pretty much that's where I'm at, even as it kills me Houston is a powerhouse, I still would prefer them over the yanks. Which means the yanks will win.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    We are totally setting up for a “Damn Yankees” revival.

The musical, not the band.

• Options
    I cannot believe the Astros started Verlander of game 4 of their ALDS. Its coming back to haunt them now.
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Yeah pretty much that's where I'm at, even as it kills me Houston is a powerhouse, I still would prefer them over the yanks. Which means the yanks will win.

Yankees have .5 more mariners so i kinda gotta root for them. I feel sick

wbBv3fj.png
This discussion has been closed.