As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Grinds measured in months and worth measured in GP.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    They're removing capital ship animations except for the ultimate abilities.

I'm glad ship battles will be faster, but i really like Home One's aoe animation.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Drop rates for shards are abysmal. Trying to get emperors ship, mother nightsister, and bossk for what I feel like is a couple months each. Bossk is only at 3 star 27 shards, I don't even have the emperors ship yet, and mother just hit 6 star yesterday.

Ugh on being F2P in this game man. Some grindy shit.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I neglected BH ships for a while. I should get the MF unlocked this time, but I probably won’t 6-star it.

Those drop rates suck.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I've spent months on the BH ships (and tons of crystal refreshes on double drop days) and am still only 69/100 on IG1000. I'm about to unlock Cad Bane's this week but it was a terrible grind.

Now I'm finally back to grinding for gear for my separatists and Old Republic squads.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Who all is doing Geo TB?

My guild is, gp is about182m.

We are. We’re at 196m.

And we got at least 2 Brood Alphas last night.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Mine is. I was asked by my guild leader to farm Ebon Hawk instead of Brood Alpha.

Man

That mission that requires bugs

My Geo's suck ass. Couldn't get past wave 1

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Mine is opting for Hoth instead. We're not very powerful and we probably won't get far in the bug raid.

If you’re still farming ROLO/IPD, don’t worry. CG added them to the Guild Event store.

Of course, they need the NEW currency...

Yeah, I know they aren’t terribly useful*, but it’s the principle of it. First they nerf the shards rewarded, and now this.

*Until CG decides to make them necessary.

Dude.

This Geo TB is insane!

If they are going to force guilds to put all their meta leaders into the platoons, they are gonna need to make the B-Tier and C-Tier teams less shitty.

I have a full G12, 3 zeta FO team, and I was unable to clear the final round of one of the generic Dark Side battles.

Pretty shitty of them to force you to stick Darth Revan, BSF, and GG into platoons. Like, that completely kills entire teams when you make someone give up a leader like that.

• NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Kind of curious as to who's thinking 'Oh boy, I can't wait to level up all my favourite characters like Han, Luke and...Geonosian Soldier!"

Like it just seems wild to me that somebody would have all the bug people at seven stars with level 12 gear and a full set of mods

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    The geos have good ships so i geared them up for that, back when they were meta. With Alpha they look like they’ll be a really fun team and there are reworks coming some time apparently.

I cleared 3 battles on phase 1. I used Bounty Hunters (bossk lead, boba and cad saving their specials just for clearing taunt), Sith Trio (with Thrawn, he fed turn meter to Nihilus and gave me an Annihilate ready to nuke the boss in the final wave), and DRevan (no malak).

Phase 2 is insane. Its fun tho, and i dont mind that its insane difficulty, as i guess gear 13 and such gives guilds stuff to build towards. Beats Galaxy of Revans like its been for the past 6 months anyway.

The Dooku and Assaj mission is fun. My g12 Dooku got 1 shot immediately. Seems the trick is to summon the robot friend and use dooku’s stealth to keep them alive while assaj ramps up her damage.
    First Order just doesnt seem to have the damage these days.

My guess is Light Side geo battle will come in a month or so and need Shaak Ti and clones for special mission, and need Kenobi’s ship to unlock Grevious’ ship.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    I personally never fought a really good Geo ship arena team, back when they were the meta. Because of that, I never felt like I needed the Geo ships to be good, because I was beating them with my Chimera+Empire ships at the time.

Now I have switched to Home One + Rebels, and I still have never seen a Geo team I couldn't beat.

Long story short, I never bothered to invest in my Geo ships (and therefore never my Geo pilots). So my Geos suck super bad.

Right now my focus priority is:
    Malak > GG+Droids > Geos > Shaak Ti > Clones

That's months and months of farming right there, but that's my current plan. I also need to work Nute Gunray and eventually Wat Tambor in there somewhere too.

I should have Malak covered. I'll gear him as I can, in TB he's going right to platoons apparently anyway.

I'm sort of gearing droids/ geos at the same time. Farming b1 and Droideka.

After that I'm gearing up a Padme squad.

Yeah I think I can handle Malek but will get everyone I need to G12.

Then focus on Padme and Geo teams.

I have no desire to work on anything Separatist or First Order, but I know those are coming with the Clone Wars show and Episode 9

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Got my first gear13.
    Gave it to GG, my best boi

I haven’t spent any guild currency yet. I can’t make up my mind.

Really, until I unlock Malak I’m mostly just in a saving mode. I was afraid Malak would drop this weekend and I wouldn’t be ready. One more week will get me there. I should have my teams ready by next weekend.

The best thing in all their most recent changes is 2 guaranteed zetas on ship day. I’ve already made way more than I ever did when it was 0-4, because 0-4 was almost always 0 or 1. In the entire time it was 0-4 I only hit 4 once ever.

Of course, this weekend has been a giant dud. I know not everyone in the world celebrates July 4th since this is an international game, but the game *is* developed in the U.S. and even if it wasn’t a holiday weekend and was just a normal weekend, there’s still nothing going on either way.

How is it that they just added 2 more game modes and still there’s no content to be played. It blows my mind how little there is to do in this game sometimes.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Our guild got 3 stars on the new map. The rewards seemed a lot better even if we're only getting half of the original currency but yeah I have no idea what to spend it on

I'm spending on Kenobi's ship.

Zetas are certainly flowing a lot faster these days. The Darth Revan event was June 13, and at that time I spent 5 zetas. I dropped 3 on DR and 2 on HK. Dropping those 5 basically put me down to approximately 0. I might have had 1 or 2 shards left, but not many.

And a month later, I'm already back up to 3 complete zetas ready to go for the Malak event. I'm holding 2 for Malak himself, and that leaves me with 1 extra one that I can drop on Mission if I need a bit of extra "umph" for the event, as the Light Side battle appears to be quite challenging. If I don't have to drop this zeta on Mission, I'll probably save it for either a Galactic Republic character, or else a Separatist of some sort. Something that will help with the new Geonosis TB.

But anyway, yeah, zetas are coming in at a much faster rate now. It's not like the old days when every zeta was a monumental choice.

Yeah, zetas are flowing like crazy. But since I’m trying to get abilities up on my Separatists, I’m short on omegas and purples.

I'm sitting on 3 zetas. Just put one on b1.

I have like, 4 omegas. :(

Well, after some good fortune on the last couple raids, and winning today's TW has put me in a position where it looks very likely that I will have my last Old Republic character up to 17500 that I need for Malak by Friday. It feels to have that pressure off. That's assuming it drops this coming weekend like the predictions say. If it isn't this weekend then it doesn't matter. After I finish my last guy, I'm moving all resources to Separatist Droids, and I'll just sit in a ready position until Malak shows up.

Just earned enough materials for G13, but don't know who I should give it to.

I'm trying to build a Drevan team (Drevan, HK, Sith Trooper, and FBS) but waiting to get Malak to use them in Arena.

I'm currently using a JTR team but I know they're going to fall out of the meta with Malak coming back, but any advice would be helpful

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited July 2019
    I'd say save it for Malak as your first, if you're for sure planning on going all-in on that team.

All of the top content creators have all done a video on who your first G13's should be.

I tend to agree with the line of reasoning that you should put G13 on your arena team first, because that is your main source of crystals and that is a team you will use literally every day. So that makes your Squad Arena team your best pick.

Outside of Squad Arena, everyone says General Grievous is the #1 best choice for a G13 upgrade. His health pool shoots through the roof when you apply your health mods to his enormous baseline health. And since his damage is derived from his health, higher health means higher damage.

I'd say start with Malak, and then do Darth Revan and Bastila Fallen. From there you can either go HK, or branch out and invest in GG or whatever else.

The other line of thinking that I tend to agree with is to focus on the Geonosians. I personally think Squad Arena should come first. But building up those Geos and getting them to G13 will have a long-term payoff in the form of winning those special missions in the new Geo TB.

Lucascraft on
    I just g13'd Grevious.

I'm working on TB teams first.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'd say save it for Malak as your first, if you're for sure planning on going all-in on that team.

All of the top content creators have all done a video on who your first G13's should be.

I tend to agree with the line of reasoning that you should put G13 on your arena team first, because that is your main source of crystals and that is a team you will use literally every day. So that makes your Squad Arena team your best pick.

Outside of Squad Arena, everyone says General Grievous is the #1 best choice for a G13 upgrade. His health pool shoots through the roof when you apply your health mods to his enormous baseline health. And since his damage is derived from his health, higher health means higher damage.

I'd say start with Malak, and then do Darth Revan and Bastila Fallen. From there you can either go HK, or branch out and invest in GG or whatever else.

The other line of thinking that I tend to agree with is to focus on the Geonosians. I personally think Squad Arena should come first. But building up those Geos and getting them to G13 will have a long-term payoff in the form of winning those special missions in the new Geo TB.

Malak is going to be awhile as I guess he only unlocks at 5* then you have to spend currency to get him up to 7*. I might get Drevan up to G13, but my FBS is still only 11 and I need to start putting resources into her. I'm waiting on those gears until Malak shows up (I don't want to end up undergeared and miss it).

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    FBS is a good choice, because G13 gives her more speed, and having your FBS go first is basically the key to winning vs other DR teams. You can even beat enemy Malak teams sometimes if your FBS goes first

Since there's practically never any content in this game, and I can finish my entire daily regimen in like 20 minutes and then just log in at the designated times for stamina refreshes, I've picked up the Marvel Strike Force game to help fill the time gaps. It's surprisingly good.

I don't like the Marvel universe as much as I like Star Wars, but this is I think an objectively better game. It has a cleaner interface, better graphics, better combat animations, a better combat system, and at least for right now while I am working my way through the campaigns, I've got a ton of content to play at my own pace.

My thoughts on MSF...I haven't played in a while, but as I remember, it may be worse in how things are monetized compared to GOH.

It also has a lot of characters that you will need for 1 or 2 specific things.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I was playing MSF at launch up until a point where they made it actually impossible to complete PVE events or unlock characters from their events without paying. I did really like their raid implementation though but I think at some point they redid it to require specific teams to fight certain nodes and it stopped being something you could just build a couple powerful teams and a healer to tackle. It felt like a lot more characters were usable even of not farmed to max stars though

initiatefailure on
    edited July 2019
    I'm liking it still, mostly for the graphics, animations, and visual polish. Plus the game is new (to me) so I still have a ton of content to play through.

It's amazing that there's so little to do in SWGOH considering that game is nearly 4 years old now.

My only hope is that with CG_Carrie leaving, whoever steps up to take her place as the new producer will be a bit less greedy and a bit more into providing playable content than she was. Now, maybe that's unfair to Carrie. She might have just been bowing to the whims of EA, but it still happened on her watch so I still blame her, even if that's wrong.

Lucascraft on
    Padme back on the 7th.

Uhh... So I guess Malak is gonna come around once a year or something?

Yeah, the common internet conspiracy theory that I've seen regarding Malak is that CG are intentionally withholding him, just to make the whales feel good about themselves and the hundreds/thousands of dollars they spent to unlock him.

Artificial scarcity to give the big spenders a competitive advantage in Squad Arena, GAC, and Geo TB. In other words, they are justifying the whales by screwing the F2P's.

So that Road Ahead was pretty weak.

Confirming things that we knew were coming (LS Geo TB, Sep cap ship, Ki-Adi Mundi) and the only real new thing is the new paywall.

Seems like that’s gonna be the content until December.

As far as Malak goes, at this point I’d guess Darth Revan comes back first.

Honestly, as a newer player who doesn't pump cash into the game, that's perfectly fine for me. I'm not going to get heroes to G13 yet anyway, nor am I going to get Revan or JKR. I'm still working on Chewie, 3PO, and the Falcon...

was ki adi mundi the forehead comment?

Dayspring wrote: »
    was ki adi mundi the forehead comment?

Some people are saying Jar Jar. But the Jedi is more likely.

There should be one more character, though. One to farm up normally and needed for the TW, and one to be a mission reward.

Getting Padme is pretty trivial with a g13 Grevious.

Sitting at about 123000 health. Just aoe'd over and over.