As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Minimum unit size for a lot of models on 40mm is either 3 or 5, having movement trays which cater to both of those seems like it makes sense?

I know but the fact you can "snap off" or whatever the part of the movement tray looks like a great way to lose or break something

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Pre-ordered my Executioner. Just one for now, but I may get a second one at some point. I really wish GW would just give Primaris a main battle tank that's just a tank....but the Executioner is what we have right now.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    So I was going to finish up some small projects tonight. Finish the final touches on my 2 command/annihilation barges, magnetize a few things on my Tomb Blades, get magnets into the little holes in the top corner of the wall section for my tesseract to add some more stability, and finish building my second triarch stalker.

I got side lined though, one of the sprue for the command barge has the head, arms, and spine for the Overlord it comes with but no legs or body and I have no idea where they are. I haven't done any conversion with my Necrons and of my 5 Overlords only 1 is a command barge overlord. Really unsure of where these parts are.

I also have two of the Crypteks from Forgebane to make. I was thinking of putting one on the body of a canoptek spyder to add some variety and I could also use some bits from the lychguard box I have to make a destroyer lord with the other canoptek spyder I have unbuilt. I have two old metal ones and I bought two of the new ones but I'm not really into the model.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Now it's sleepy brain talking I thought they offered a dark apostle who was raising his mace up standing on a pile of books I don't see it anymore I see one now in a fiery oratory with hangers on. Was I thinking of someone's custom build or?

This guy?
    99800102013_DarkApostleNEW_01.jpg

It's the old finecast DA. It's been replaced by the new plastic one.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Yes
    I only saw it briefly when I was thinking about rebooting my CSM when the Vigalis books came out but when I came back for something I noticed it was replaced so I thought I saw it somewhere else .

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I like the new guy.

99120102099_CSMDarkApostle01.jpg

Just for the bleeding book.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Is it worth the effort to put old Codices and rulebooks on eBay or are they basically worthless? I got books from 3rd to 6th edition plus old Warhammer books.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Is it worth the effort to put old Codices and rulebooks on eBay or are they basically worthless? I got books from 3rd to 6th edition plus old Warhammer books.

I think some are worth more for collectors items depending on the shape. But I would do a skim. Not sure my guess they aren't worth a ton.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    So I guess the Chaos Knights are dropping next weekend?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/30/coming-soon-heresy-incarnate/

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options

js17rlflv2vn.png
    A Chaos Commissar?

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Yes, indeed. Hence the, ah, clarification, published in the Regimental Standard; have you not been keeping up with your required reading, guardsman?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    js17rlflv2vn.png
    A Chaos Commissar?

For Blackstone fortress... for now.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    js17rlflv2vn.png
    A Chaos Commissar?

If I'm reading it correctly, they're only available with the Blackstone Fortress expansion, but they include rules to use them with 40k.
    This expansion contains two brand-new models, which will initially only be available in this set – a Traitor Commissar and his bodyguard, a Chaos Ogryn. There are also rules for using these two models in Warhammer 40,000 as well as all of the cards, counters and tiles required to play a new quest within the Blackstone Fortress.

Though, I do wonder how that ogryn is supposed to swing that club thing with the big ass chaos wheel growing through it's chest. Seems like that may get in the way a bit, no?

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    js17rlflv2vn.png
    A Chaos Commissar?

If I'm reading it correctly, they're only available with the Blackstone Fortress expansion, but they include rules to use them with 40k.
    This expansion contains two brand-new models, which will initially only be available in this set – a Traitor Commissar and his bodyguard, a Chaos Ogryn. There are also rules for using these two models in Warhammer 40,000 as well as all of the cards, counters and tiles required to play a new quest within the Blackstone Fortress.

Though, I do wonder how that ogryn is supposed to swing that club thing with the big ass chaos wheel growing through it's chest. Seems like that may get in the way a bit, no?

Yes, but think how angry he'll be then. Khorne approves.

• Options
    The rules to use the Ambul in 40k were in the box
    It's been used a few times in kill team as a random 3rd {though it would be interesting to do that with a real person instead of dice rolling }

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I like the new guy.

Wait. Are books not supposed to bleed?

Shit.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    see317 wrote: »
    js17rlflv2vn.png
    A Chaos Commissar?

I feel like the bolded are some pretty key words here.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I like the new guy.

Wait. Are books not supposed to bleed?

Shit.

No, no, no. Your name is specifically [Expletive deleted].

Its like, what are we even doing here?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/wVprkznwck8

Oh Duncan. The robot has emotions, about chaos knights.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    The joke is that he has been very vocal at cons or otherwise in person about his feelings on Imperial Knights and hates the idea of Chaos Knights in particular. I don’t have any source for this other than my local GW store manager.

Also he allegedly hates contrast paints.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Also, I’ve got a ton of models still to assemble and paint: Drukhari, Orks, Shadowspear, the CSM apocalypse box I just bought... Should I get the Imperial Knights box too and also 3 of those Chaos Knights too? I feel like I’m pretty close to summoning a deamon with all the plastic offerings I have. Which Chaos god has greed and/or irresponsible spending habits in their portfolio?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Also, I’ve got a ton of models still to assemble and paint: Drukhari, Orks, Shadowspear, the CSM apocalypse box I just bought... Should I get the Imperial Knights box too and also 3 of those Chaos Knights too? I feel like I’m pretty close to summoning a deamon with all the plastic offerings I have. Which Chaos god has greed and/or irresponsible spending habits in their portfolio?

Depending on the cost of drugs and/or prostitutes in the 40k setting, I'd guess Slaanesh.
    Though, the case could be made for Nurgle as well, unless The Imperium has some kind of remarkably good universal healthcare system in place.
    Maybe Khorne? I mean, life is cheap in the grim darkness, but he takes it in bulk.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be Tzeentch though, after all, he's the lord of change.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Slaanesh is the hedonism god which would have greed and irresponsible spending in their portfolio

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    I am not that into the knights as I can play apoc with my eldar even more so with my ynnari
    Just I have sour feelings toward apoc from the last time I played but that's due to certain people. Because of the eldar army I gave my brother at xmas and the spoc wrathguard deal he wants to do his army as Biel Tan but if I go to the GW store and they still might have that paint deal going. If I were to ask what are the paints for Biel Tan would he be able to answer it?

Still I am disappointed in my try at painting the siam hann guardians yesterday I know it was hot but I really need to get a lamp and set aside a place to paint as the couch and in front of my computer are not working.

• Options
    Waitaminute.... If I get 4 Chaos Knights, then I could make one for each god! Brilliant!

In all honesty I wasn't keen on getting Imperial Knights originally, but something about Chaos Knights piques my interest. Based on my move schedule and about how long it takes me to paint even a single squad though, I'm not sure I'll be able to field an Apocalypse game until the 9th edition hits.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    I think I will get a chaos Knight to give my Nurgly bois some more heavy support, I already have a couple of Armiger Helverns so I can also work towards a proper Nurgle themed Knight army too.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Really if I go to the GW store and get the paint deal but ask we are looking to do Biel Tan colors
    Packing 3 guardians and the brushes in a bike ride {which sucks as between the two of us we have one working bike right now} Would they show us the colors and help? Like prove to us we can do this? As a side question is can we get the greens and yellows to do the Masque of the Veiled Path as well ?

As a side looking at the 10 paint deal it was the base paint that trips me up and the tech one that is a argument

• Options
    I plan to get at least one chaos knight. And since it is out at the edge of it if they are good I am totally bringing to NoVA instead of my current supreme command detachment. That was kind of my original plan if they came out in time.

A chaos knight, 3x lord discordant, 30xcultist, 15xcsm (red corsairs), same daemon engines. And fill out the rest with other toys.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    The legs of the chaos knights look so much cooler than the imperial ones. Are the calves longer, or are they just better posed?

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Waitaminute.... If I get 4 Chaos Knights, then I could make one for each god! Brilliant!

In all honesty I wasn't keen on getting Imperial Knights originally, but something about Chaos Knights piques my interest. Based on my move schedule and about how long it takes me to paint even a single squad though, I'm not sure I'll be able to field an Apocalypse game until the 9th edition hits.

Basically what I'm doing for my chaos faction.

• Options
    Really if I go to the GW store and get the paint deal but ask we are looking to do Biel Tan colors
    Packing 3 guardians and the brushes in a bike ride {which sucks as between the two of us we have one working bike right now} Would they show us the colors and help? Like prove to us we can do this? As a side question is can we get the greens and yellows to do the Masque of the Veiled Path as well ?

As a side looking at the 10 paint deal it was the base paint that trips me up and the tech one that is a argument

Boo it ends today and a few of the colours were out of stock on the site
    Still I feel I am going to set up a paint area for myself and do my challenge of the masque of the veiled path with contrast and normal paint as you can get the yellows and greens in one or two coats so that leaves the checker pattern

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    The legs of the chaos knights look so much cooler than the imperial ones. Are the calves longer, or are they just better posed?

They're digitigrade legs, so they look more like predatory animals. Which is 100% cooler than Imperial legs.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Yeah, so I’ve been looking at the chaos knight kit and I reckon it’s compatible enough with the regular one that you could make a “clean” version of the new kit torso and old kit legs to use as a beat-up jury-rigged old veteran suit and use the remaining bits plus some judicious re-posing to make a Cerastus Knight in plastic…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular

They're digitigrade legs, so they look more like predatory animals. Which is 100% cooler than Imperial legs.

Actually, so are the Imperial Knights legs, it's just not as pronounced.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »

Are they? I just thought they were stumpy stomp-stomp legs like a box dread. If that's the case, it's definitely due to the fact that it's more pronounced on the Chaos Knights.

• Options
    What about a Knight made with dreadnought legs? I mean with whole dreadnoughts for legs, Voltron style.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    What about a Knight made with dreadnought legs? I mean with whole dreadnoughts for legs, Voltron style.

Only if those dreadnoughts are mounted on Sentinels.

Then we can build a full Titan on the back of your dreadnought mounted knights. It's space robots all the way down.

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited July 2019

Are they? I just thought they were stumpy stomp-stomp legs like a box dread. If that's the case, it's definitely due to the fact that it's more pronounced on the Chaos Knights.

Check out this conversion without the shin guards (and pauldrons, which is IMO an even better idea):
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a0/1e/ff/a01eff3434e7434f547af79c58a1393a.jpg

Mayday on
  • Options

Check out this conversion without the shin guards (and pauldrons, which is IMO an even better idea):
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a0/1e/ff/a01eff3434e7434f547af79c58a1393a.jpg

Ooooh, I see it now. Yeah, it's gotta be the better proportions, the whole bestial look of the Renegade Knights that make them look better. That said, I've always been a sucker to Chaos aesthetics, so I might be a little bit biased.

• Options
    So I understand it right
    A flying hive tyrant can get one bio morph as the wings take one of it's slots?

This discussion has been closed.