As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2019 Omegathon

vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
The PAX Twitter account stated that calls were going to go out yesterday. Did anyone on the forums get a call? (I didn't - I'm just curious.)

Omeganauts, assemble!

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    SkeloticSkelotic Registered User regular
    Yep, I got the call. Very excited to see how it goes!

jokfidrftcm4.png

• Options
    Da JackalDa Jackal Registered User regular
    Same, got the call Friday evening :)

r92c8gd6zf71.png
  • Options
    61Ranchero61Ranchero Registered User regular
    I didn't get the call Fri. Is it okay if I ask what area code the call came from? I'm assuming WA but...

• Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    61Ranchero wrote: »
    I didn't get the call Fri. Is it okay if I ask what area code the call came from? I'm assuming WA but...

Pretty sure they come from an "unknown" number with no telephone number showing (i.e. blocked).
    Da Jackal wrote: »
    Same, got the call Friday evening :)

Congratulations!!
    Skelotic wrote: »
    Yep, I got the call. Very excited to see how it goes!

Congratulations!!

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    61Ranchero61Ranchero Registered User regular
    vespachica wrote: »
    61Ranchero wrote: »

Pretty sure they come from an "unknown" number with no telephone number showing (i.e. blocked).

[

Thank you :-)

• Options
    BurningHeatBurningHeat Registered User regular
    To the Omeganauts:

Looking at the schedule, I noticed that Round 5 of the Omegathon was Super Bust-a-Move (known elsewhere as Super Puzzle Bobble). My name is Matt Tom and I am posting to say that I am a longtime Puzzle Bobble enthusiast that is willing to be a practice partner during PAX weekend (for example, Sunday afternoon between Rounds 4 and 5).

I realize that this offer seems unusual, but my background is unique. I played in quite a few Puzzle Bobble XBLA tournaments when PAX Console Tourney ran them, with what most would call extremely good results. You can find links to footage from past tournaments by searching for "PAX Puzzle Bobble" on YouTube. Note: Speaking of tournaments and rules, it might be good to know whether or not "chain reactions" will be enabled in the Super Bust-a-Move matches.

I have already cleared my offer with someone who works at Penny Arcade. He had no problem with it. If you would like to arrange a time to meet, DM me here through my Penny Arcade forum account.

Whether you take me up on the offer or not, good luck to all of the Omeganauts.

See you in Seattle.

Matt Tom