As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [DOODLE] Thread for the Ages. [NSFW]

• EsiotrotEsiotrot Registered User regular
    p01ulvq8kkkl.png
    Bored of his life selling fruit and veg on the market Keith decided it was never too late to upskill in wizardry for an exciting new career

• acadiaacadia Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    first draft: 3u7imlgx9urb.png
    Threw some color under an old sketchbook page

acadia on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Kim kongKim kong Registered User regular
    vfpjmv71dxys.jpg
    ugq5ghdarzja.jpg
    corf01a5mxjp.jpg
    g0u4rudwpc5i.jpg
    gcc3n5zcjkzk.jpg

q7dnvpesdlzc.jpg
    h00ioinlkhn4.jpg
    Sorry for the double posting.

ptxbly9bxt71.jpg
    7zah1ncka1ju.jpg

edited June 2019
    2ou26xw6oce3.jpeg
    Messing around on my new iPad👌

whoops, that's fucking massive

Esiotrot on
    ffa41zanph7w.jpg
    one day I'll start my own thread, but for now I'll dump all my doodles here! Trying out some new stylistic choices

edited June 2019
    long image:
    sotrmempcowk.png

I'm building a new website with a developer friend, who's good at computers and stuff. This is a sketch of the desired layout. The idea is an endless vertical scroll, the 'latest' images being at the bottom (the opposite of Instagram), so the header/banner and navigation options/filters are all at the bottom, and you scroll up to go back in time (or use the navigation buttons to 'jump' to any page, or all the way to the top, or wherever). You can filter for a specific story to remove all other images from the 'feed' by using those tabs at the bottom (A Future, Silverware, Wyn Dixie all being separate 'stories').

Clouds:
    yxv6csomgwnb.jpeg

acadia on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Some fan art I did of Hollow Knight, one of my favorite games (it's the best).

WEGsMCd.png

I'm trying to get better at rendering and color balance when it comes to more detailed 2D art. It took me almost 2 days and I also want to get much faster, so I feel it's best I move on from where it is now. Critiques welcome.

H9f4bVe.png
    1-minute, 10-minute and 20-minute poses from tonight's life drawing session

cra5dofcxxi2.jpg

nq8htlba0yo2.jpg
    npw2worxjwpc.jpg

qurojbpfzc7a.jpg
    some work doodles

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Doodled while listening to Whiskey in the Jar.

lenl3urm0fk0.jpg

I need to find a better way of posting these instead of resizing Instagram pics.

Also I tried to stain it with coffee and immediately ruined it lol but I got the picture first.

• AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Face practice.
    9nfc6UZl.png

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited July 2019
    Faces, day 2: The facening
    idbcXsVl.png

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    edited July 2019
    Faces: In Surround Sound!
    L4UOmySl.png

I'll stop spamming the doodle thread too.

Aumni on
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Moving slowly on this one...need to get it done this weekend.

2019-07-10l.jpg

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
    Stylized face studies, then a row without reference. Was focusing on some basic color schemes to develop my colors a bit more. Five more faces to hit 50 and then on to the next exercise!

GqblxLfl.png

This is a very cool exercise

miwrs14ci1h1.jpeg

I think I am done with this. I’m not fully pleased with the colouring, but for now it will have to do.

trying to do a self portrait without using ref, not very happy with it tbh, would love some crit
    emik7p4pfe7m.png

Miriam fanart WIP!
    GGVUwIKl.png

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Hey everyone, haven't been on here in ages. Haven't been doing a hell of a lot of art apart from a handful of sketches and some oil paintings here and there. Hope you're all well.
    Just a little light study while it's quiet at work.

aj09jwccwenl.jpg

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    The deadline got pushed so I've slowed down to just plinking away at it:

lLjDSo2l.jpg

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
    I just got Clip Studio and really like it after setting up my work environment. I've also been working on a lot of gesture drawings, here are a couple pages
    0aq9x1nl.png
    5xAgvFal.png
    Also stopped the Miriam piece, was overworking it and getting frustrated. I need to develop my process a lot.
    AOqG4uQl.png
    And start practicing with Clip Studio's brushes a bit to get a feel:
    WYww0Dll.png

Still need a lot of work on color/saturation but I'm starting to see it.

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    portrait night :D

ghit4pr86t1.jpg

Projeck on
    unsqrv40rper.png
    stealth assassassassin

edited August 2019
    EDIT: Finished it:

EnWN4cEh.png

Aumni on
    there's some really cool moments in that piece Aumni like I love the shadow of the little mouseperson and the mount, I think there are some issues with anatomy the most jarring for me being how her neck is turning. The rendering is great though and I love the ideas in it.

edited August 2019
    Esiotrot wrote: »
    there's some really cool moments in that piece Aumni like I love the shadow of the little mouseperson and the mount, I think there are some issues with anatomy the most jarring for me being how her neck is turning. The rendering is great though and I love the ideas in it.

Thanks Esiotrot that means a lot! I had some trouble finding reference for the elf so I winged it on the anatomy and it shows, the before was worse, her leg was a bit longer and head turned even more! I really wanted to try a complete piece with a background to play with some composition stuff. See how different lines interacted - like from her planted foot up through to her hair/the spear and its shadow/the shadow along the bottom of the picture going to the footprints, the flagpole pointing to the hiding mice, etc.

I also wanted to time myself, this piece took about 10 hours whereas another picture I made that I just kept working at took a lot longer with much less in it. It feels like I've been able to get further with less and make genuine improvement in arting.

It was a really fun piece to noodle through.

Aumni on
    edited August 2019
    coloring another old sketch in procreate
    early test
    r1b59o4eerew.png
    what it eventually became
    mtt0px97u77z.png

@Projeck i love that. it looks like you used three colors and black

@Aumni i think a lot of the anatomy issues could be solved if you just turned the torso to the right a little more -- we're seeing too much side boob for head to be able to turn that far by itself, a full torso turn could make that feel more natural though.

@Mustang that's dope, i want to see more, it feels like Blade Runner

@Esiotrot your style is awesome and i could see you doing illustrations for vaguely creepy children's books

acadia on
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Still a WIP. I need to start working on bigger paper so I can get more detail. My bees are weak.

epjo9tc137p1.jpg

cos5mts3dusk.png
    Hello, I'm a potato, I definitely don't have any ulterior motives... :)

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    @acadia thank you : ) i think my palette is about 6-7 colors, but there's a few tubes that definitely seem to go a lot faster . . .

ylje2k0qk5n.jpg

e: lmao one of the irises is wayyy too big gotta fix that

Projeck on
  • JolliJolli Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Icelandic Yule Lad doodles
    9v43c97obwj4.jpg

Jolli on
    @acadia that is literally all I've ever wanted to do, I basically want to be the creepy Chris Riddel

edited September 2019
    image1.png?width=300&height=300image2.png?width=300&height=300image3.png?width=300&height=300
    image4.png?width=300&height=300image6.png?width=300&height=300image5.png?width=300&height=300
    image1.png?width=300&height=300image2.png?width=300&height=300image0.png?width=300&height=300
    image4.png?width=300&height=300image3.png?width=300&height=300image6.png?width=300&height=300
    image7.png?width=300&height=300image5.png?width=300&height=300

been doing these as fun lil drawing warmups

acadia on
    That is one sexy swan neck.

• JolliJolli Registered User regular
    bop7mcpa1re4.jpg
    A Mortal Kombat Doodle.

30s, 10 minutes, 20 minutes

n023lo08bjl0.jpeg

6dn2juoymogv.jpeg

8vofbr9i95qi.jpeg