As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Servers are up, Patch 8.2 ahoy ! When did Azshara grow three extra eyes ?

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Really enjoying redoing the same boring intro quest line to unlock the heart essences on my alts. Also enjoying re-grinding the same essences for those toons. Fantastic experience.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Really enjoying redoing the same boring intro quest line to unlock the heart essences on my alts. Also enjoying re-grinding the same essences for those toons. Fantastic experience.

Yeah i was done with it after like the 3rd character. Things like your follower level should be account wide, and the essences from rep should be gated behind a rep achievement not the rep itself

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    I gave up on leveling alts after, like, MoP. I just don't have the time/inclination to slog through all that tedium anymore. I have ascended to casual.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    The end of Legion was a great time for alts though.

What's also funny about ditching characters after MoP in particular is that some of my characters literally retired out on the farm.

• Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    I managed to put together 6 120 alts with one on the way, but I daresay only 1-2 of them will venture into Nazjatar. The rest will just get the random benthic gear that drops and farm the 2k emissaries when they pop.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    What's also funny about ditching characters after MoP in particular is that some of my characters literally retired out on the farm.

I am sure I have characters that are still logged out in that little farm hut.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Najatar is the worst best zone. I'm constantly lost in a kinda-sorta good way.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Nazjatar is gorgeous, and I love the actual geometry and design of it.

The quests there SUCK ASS.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    LJDouglas wrote: »
    Glyphs interacted with and altered you spells, essences are extra trinkets.

They are somewhere between trinkets and legion legendaries. Once you get it slotted out with a major and a couple minors the power boost is probably going to lean pretty close to a high end/best in slot legion legendary once you get tier 3 essences and both minor slots. I just got a tier 2 of the island essence and it nearly always is generating an azerite pillar that gives everybody near it 150 or so primary stat and on a one minute cool down with like 18 second or so duration drop 3 more pillars. If you are close to all four possible pillars its really big boost to your primary stat with very high uptime.

3clipse wrote: »
    Nazjatar is gorgeous, and I love the actual geometry and design of it.

The quests there SUCK ASS.
    Dirty Dozen is a real turd.

Enc wrote: »

Naz I think is a zone that will benefit greatly once flying is unlocked. I have accidentally fallen to my death so many times. Get too close to one of those waterfall ends and VROOM weeeea aaaaaaaaaa noooooo splat.

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I was thinking last night that Naz could benefit from the grappling hook system in Stormheim.

kaid wrote: »

Naz I think is a zone that will benefit greatly once flying is unlocked. I have accidentally fallen to my death so many times. Get too close to one of those waterfall ends and VROOM weeeea aaaaaaaaaa noooooo splat.

Levitate has been very useful on my priest.

Enigmedic wrote: »

Levitate has been very useful on my priest.

It has made me wonder if I should swap water walking for the mount parachute hehe.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Mace1370 wrote: »

Yeah i was done with it after like the 3rd character. Things like your follower level should be account wide, and the essences from rep should be gated behind a rep achievement not the rep itself

Yeah I have a character that use to be my main who has exalted with all the BFA factions, who I guess I need to grind these two new ones out on to get flying, and my current main who I want to actually do the stuff on.

Doesn't feel like a chore at all.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    If you have Pathfinder Part 1 isn't it account wide? So then if you get Part 2 on the new character you should get flying I think.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    If you have Pathfinder Part 1 isn't it account wide? So then if you get Part 2 on the new character you should get flying I think.

Yep.

Am I missing something? Part 2 just looks to be the discovery quests.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    You need to hit Revered with the two new 8.2 factions, and if you have Revered with all of the older BFA factions AND exploration AND war campaign, boom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUsFWO08CO0

Off, revered with two more factions? That's gonna be a bit.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I think you need exploration of the two new zones, too, but that would be hard to avoid while you grind out reputation in them.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I think you need exploration of the two new zones, too, but that would be hard to avoid while you grind out reputation in them.

You do, not i had it by day 2 without trying, while just doing wq and dailies.

steam_sig.png
    I've already discovered Najatar just by exploring about day one.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh man ok, thats great, I didn't know I could get Part 2 on my new main. Whew, that makes less work for me. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm really wanting to make my hunter a Kul Tiran, but every rep grind reminds me how helpful human is.

I also wont get the racial outfit, which is all I really want, unless I level up the shaman.

Man.

I just want to be a revolutionary war rifleman, why do they make it so hard.

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I still don't have pathfinder part 1, and don't have legion flying either which makes alts a bit of a chore.

I'm not too worried about the pathfinder part 1 rep grinds for the most part except for champions of azeroth. I feel like that one will take forever.

Some of the quests you do give you the rep. I got about 3k from the series you get to unlock the new 8.2 heart of azeroth mechanic.

Otherwise the world quests do give you more than the average quest by a bit.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=293190/this-week-in-wow-for-july-2nd-artifact-knowledge-started-alliance-war-mode-25-bo

It's deeply amusing to me that the solution to "why don't Alliance players like to pvp" is just to keep cranking the War Mode bonus.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=293190/this-week-in-wow-for-july-2nd-artifact-knowledge-started-alliance-war-mode-25-bo

It's deeply amusing to me that the solution to "why don't Alliance players like to pvp" is just to keep cranking the War Mode bonus.

I remember saying that it would eventually get to this point and everyone was like "no way bowen, that's insane, the x% is already crazy high!"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Its almost as if the factions are a bad design decision and putting people in pvp in a free for all or randomized alignment might work better.

bowen wrote: »

I remember saying that it would eventually get to this point and everyone was like "no way bowen, that's insane, the x% is already crazy high!"

The base rewards are too low for even a 50% bonus to even matter.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I think my original comment was they'd probably see the results they desire if warmode was like a 100%+ reward.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

I think my original comment was they'd probably see the results they desire if warmode was like a 100%+ reward.

Even then, maybe. It doesn't really mean much to have a 100% reward when you are at the 15 minute respawn timer every time its on.

The problem is basically all the hard core pvp'ers and raiders migrated to horde and it just became more of a self selecting issue due to guilds go where they have to so they can get a reasonable pool of recruits. The self selection got so bad that alliance basically is mostly casual/puggers now and there is only so much getting rolled anybody wants to deal with so they basically opt out unless the rewards are crazy enough to make the pain worth it.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I mean, to be fair, I was busy with Shadowbringers last week. Would’ve been out there killing Horde if early release didn’t happen.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular

The problem is basically all the hard core pvp'ers and raiders migrated to horde and it just became more of a self selecting issue due to guilds go where they have to so they can get a reasonable pool of recruits. The self selection got so bad that alliance basically is mostly casual/puggers now and there is only so much getting rolled anybody wants to deal with so they basically opt out unless the rewards are crazy enough to make the pain worth it.

I logged in to Nazjatar at 6:45am last week and saw like 8 Horde assassins on the map. I immediately deactivated War Mode on that character.

Meanwhile on my Horde character? I think I've seen maybe 2 Alliance players in either Nazjatar or Mechagon.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I just want to be a revolutionary war rifleman, why do they make it so hard.

giphy.gif

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.