As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Servers are up, Patch 8.2 ahoy ! When did Azshara grow three extra eyes ?

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    For what it's worth as an Oceanic Alliance player, I love the war mode bonus. Oceanic is thoroughly Alliance dominated, but we're on the NA war mode calculation, so I get the 25%+ bonus AND I'm on the dominant faction. Life is good.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    regarding warmode: when it says quest rewards, does that mean faction? I turned it off once i hit max level and now i'm thinking that was a bad idea
    and another question, is there a reason besides "because" that you have to go to stormwind to turn on/off warmode? Why not any major city?

Pailryder on
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Just artifact power and currencies (money, war resources, etc.).

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    regarding warmode: when it says quest rewards, does that mean faction? I turned it off once i hit max level and now i'm thinking that was a bad idea
    and another question, is there a reason besides "because" that you have to go to stormwind to turn on/off warmode? Why not any major city?

I thought they changed the latter to 'any rested area' to toggle war mode on/off?

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

I thought they changed the latter to 'any rested area' to toggle war mode on/off?

Turn on in Org or SW, turn off in any rest area iirc.
    Because reasons.

steam_sig.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

Turn on in Org or SW, turn off in any rest area iirc.
    Because reasons.
    Because disrespecting the players' time is more Classic-like, and apparently we gotta go back to that.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    For what it's worth as an Oceanic Alliance player, I love the war mode bonus. Oceanic is thoroughly Alliance dominated, but we're on the NA war mode calculation, so I get the 25%+ bonus AND I'm on the dominant faction. Life is good.
    What a dumb fucking system.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Its not even based on the number of players on each side. Blizz very obviously controls it. Like when the against overwhelming odds became an issue, suddenly you needed to be at 20% or more and it was 15% for over a month straight. Now, when people are mad about the event being horrendously lopsided, the bonus is the highest it has been in a long time? Not buying it being based on raw numbers.

I mean, I know they SEE the numbers, but they clearly manually set the bonus and decide on what it is based on current events.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Its not even based on the number of players on each side. Blizz very obviously controls it. Like when the against overwhelming odds became an issue, suddenly you needed to be at 20% or more and it was 15% for over a month straight. Now, when people are mad about the event being horrendously lopsided, the bonus is the highest it has been in a long time? Not buying it being based on raw numbers.

I mean, I know they SEE the numbers, but they clearly manually set the bonus and decide on what it is based on current events.

I occasionally turn on warmode, it's empty except for 1-2 alliance and dozens of horde looking to gank quest givers or players. I flip flop back and forth if a horde is camping a quest in carebear mode so I can turn in and move on.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    One of my biggest gripes is the colossal gap between classes in wpvp. Like there is no way in hell i would ever flag war mode on my priest as any spec. Its basically a target dummy for like 90% of specs. Id consider it on my mage, and wouldnt be against it on my paladin, but theyve done nothing to try to balance anything in pvp.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Disc and shadow are both god tier in PvP. Maybe holy not so much.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I feel a lot of the changes to holy and it's ability to DPS were to spite ghostcrawler's boast of pvping as a holy priest

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I have no idea how any particular spec fares but there's also a big difference between effectiveness in world pvp and effectiveness in arenas

BahamutZERO.gif
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    One of my biggest gripes is the colossal gap between classes in wpvp. Like there is no way in hell i would ever flag war mode on my priest as any spec. Its basically a target dummy for like 90% of specs. Id consider it on my mage, and wouldnt be against it on my paladin, but theyve done nothing to try to balance anything in pvp.

Priest isn't even bad.

I am absolutely brain damaged being Enhancement and staying in Warmode, however.

I feel like at one point I could burst people down. Now I do almost no damage AND I die in seconds to just about anyone.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    this 25% buff sure is great for leveling an alt though, as long as I avoid redridge

whoever in their infinite wisdom decided to just slam a high level horde quest in a low level contested zone like that was a fucking idiot

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

Disc wont get killed by one person until they oom, but wont kill anyone before that happens either. Then they only have feather for mobility so they arent getting away from anyone but a warlock. Shadow is a punching bag with a few tricks to heal. The damage nerfs hurt a lot. Nobody will get killed by a shadow priest unless they dont realize they are there.

There are just a lot of problems with current pvp along with a lot of path dependence influencing the current game. Venruki on one of his streams said it pretty well. Basically “retail pvp sucks because damage isnt impactful. Every class has self heals so unless you 100-0 someone its like it doesnt matter. In vanilla if you frostbolt someone, their health goes down and doesnt go up passively. Someone else has to do something and there is counterplay to that.”

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    When I switched to Alliance and rolled a priest, I did some War Mode stuff and also some BG stuff and Brawl stuff. Disc is definitely good in PVP in all modes I tried it in.

I was able to earn two PVP transmog sets without much fuss as an Alliance Disc Priest. Also, I might have had fun doing it!

• kaidkaid Registered User regular

Disc wont get killed by one person until they oom, but wont kill anyone before that happens either. Then they only have feather for mobility so they arent getting away from anyone but a warlock. Shadow is a punching bag with a few tricks to heal. The damage nerfs hurt a lot. Nobody will get killed by a shadow priest unless they dont realize they are there.

There are just a lot of problems with current pvp along with a lot of path dependence influencing the current game. Venruki on one of his streams said it pretty well. Basically “retail pvp sucks because damage isnt impactful. Every class has self heals so unless you 100-0 someone its like it doesnt matter. In vanilla if you frostbolt someone, their health goes down and doesnt go up passively. Someone else has to do something and there is counterplay to that.”

Now with the essence stuff and all the azerite stuff unlocked it is even worse. Everybody probably has multiple damage absorption things+ self heal or improved healing options built into their armor and depending on your essence you could have on demand instant healing or other damage mitigation. Also some of the benthic armor has +healing effects when you are in naz just means its really hard for something like an enhance shaman or shadow priest to work. They can't damage fast enough to punch through anothers defenses and are squishy enough to be more vulnerable to attritional fights from other classes.

"they only have feather for mobility" is incorrect. You can spec for a speed boost on your shield, which is actually way more beneficial in PVP. Especially since shields auto self-cast if you don't have a target.

last night on baelgun/doomhammer the horde were mass killing the alliance main base in nazj, it was not fun, had to die twice to rez far enough away to heart to boralus and turn off war mode.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Priest isn't even bad.

I am absolutely brain damaged being Enhancement and staying in Warmode, however.

I feel like at one point I could burst people down. Now I do almost no damage AND I die in seconds to just about anyone.

Enhancement is very very good against a couple specific specs and pretty bad against everything else.

Elemental is stuuuuupidly good in PvP though.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    "they only have feather for mobility" is incorrect. You can spec for a speed boost on your shield, which is actually way more beneficial in PVP. Especially since shields auto self-cast if you don't have a target.

They also have levitate which in naz can potentially be a very good escape ability.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    last night on baelgun/doomhammer the horde were mass killing the alliance main base in nazj, it was not fun, had to die twice to rez far enough away to heart to boralus and turn off war mode.

Killing the questgivers and such?

I think Taliesin mentioned something about that in one of his recent weekly recap videos. It seems that in the absence of Alliance players to murder, the Horde have taken to killing towns in order to generate whatever credit they need to unlock one of their essences. I'm not 100% sure of the details, because I haven't tried any of 8.2 yet. I'm too busy with Shadowbringers. But in his video he mentioned that he was killing towns too. So I think that's a thing. I'm just not sure why.

3clipse wrote: »

Priest isn't even bad.

Enhancement is very very good against a couple specific specs and pretty bad against everything else.

Elemental is stuuuuupidly good in PvP though.

One on one if you can make them burn their CC break lasso them and that alone will get them near dead.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Lasso is pretty much the most busted PvP talent in the game even after the nerf, yeah.

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Will the cache next week have increased titan residium? Trying to decide if it is worth doing an m10 this week.

Mace1370 wrote: »
    Will the cache next week have increased titan residium? Trying to decide if it is worth doing an m10 this week.

I don't believe so.

Nosf wrote: »

Killing the questgivers and such?

i'm not even sure, probably. there were so many horde i couldn't count them. The sad part was i think what precipitated it was the marking people on the horde side as assassins. At the start of my play time, the horde player would get picked off by two or three alliance. After about 30 minutes i think the horde players had enough and formed a raid or something and just went to the source of the alliance and killed us all.

3clipse wrote: »
    Lasso is pretty much the most busted PvP talent in the game even after the nerf, yeah.

If you use the pvp essence it gives you lasso for free so you can have that AND one of the other talents. Also it lets you use lasso in pve as well.

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular

Priest isn't even bad.

Yeah I feel I haven't been able to reliably PVP as enhancement since Burning Crusade. We just didn't bring enough burst to the table, and the way they've slowly chipped away at our CC/counters, I pretty much gave up on playing enh in PVP. I wasn't good to begin with, but playing it was just such a frustrating experience. I was basically only good as a flag carrier in warsong gulch and that was about it.

Priest isn't even bad.

Yeah I feel I haven't been able to reliably PVP as enhancement since Burning Crusade. We just didn't bring enough burst to the table, and the way they've slowly chipped away at our CC/counters, I pretty much gave up on playing enh in PVP. I wasn't good to begin with, but playing it was just such a frustrating experience. I was basically only good as a flag carrier in warsong gulch and that was about it.

I generally like my enhance shaman over the last few expansions but it is so RNG its not reliable enough burst for pvp and as a mail wearer I often feel squishier than a lot of cloth wearers. Enhance has been weirdly fragile for the last couple expansions at least.

Enh was awesome at the beginning of bfa. But they kept nerfing it and at some point I feel like they forgot about half the nerfs they did when they kept doing more.

When I switched to Alliance and rolled a priest, I did some War Mode stuff and also some BG stuff and Brawl stuff. Disc is definitely good in PVP in all modes I tried it in.

I was able to earn two PVP transmog sets without much fuss as an Alliance Disc Priest. Also, I might have had fun doing it!

Priests are fine in BGs. They are actually a lot of fun there. Its wpvp they arent that great. And the shield speed talent is in the same row as feather so its either/or. The only real thing you could do is spec into the knockback which could conditionally be good or bad in wpvp.

The essences will probably be nerfed REALLY soon. Especially the one that gives resources. For rogues it gives 100% energy regen for 12s. That is a busted amount of burst. I imagine its more or less the same for all other melee.

Priests are fine in BGs. They are actually a lot of fun there. Its wpvp they arent that great. And the shield speed talent is in the same row as feather so its either/or. The only real thing you could do is spec into the knockback which could conditionally be good or bad in wpvp.

The essences will probably be nerfed REALLY soon. Especially the one that gives resources. For rogues it gives 100% energy regen for 12s. That is a busted amount of burst. I imagine its more or less the same for all other melee.

As i understand it, for raiding rogues the crit one is better, and ironically you get it by doing a ton of PVP.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah that makes no sense since crit is so bad in pvp. But 12s of being able to spam mutilate and evis is a lot of burst, especially when youre pumping it into vendetta. That can mean a full 6s kidney shot on a healer is lethal with just a little extra damage.

i'm glad they made flying so much quicker to get post-patch than in WoD or Legion. Tanaan Jungle and Broken Shore were both 4-5 weeks solid of questing every day to get it all done, and mostly that questing was useless for any other purpose. I hit Nazjatar Revered yesterday, and will hit Mechagon revered tomorrow (I missed a day of Mechagon) and it'll have been eight days total since the patch to get the flying sorted. On top of that the questing provides access to a bunch of extra stuff beyond flying, in the case of Mechagon, stuff like toys/cosmetics and fun stuff, and in the case of Nazjatar, fun powerful items for my class.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Lots of people on zone chat are saying the same, that they should get their Flight on tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that I saw someone flying around Nazjatar today. Me, I've got weeks of grinding to go...

Le sigh.

Several guildies got it today.

steam_sig.png
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Lots of people on zone chat are saying the same, that they should get their Flight on tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that I saw someone flying around Nazjatar today. Me, I've got weeks of grinding to go...

Le sigh.

You really don't, unless you aren't logging in every day, in which case yeah it's weeks of real time but hardly weeks of grinding.

This discussion has been closed.