As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Spider-Man] Speeder and Miles Webs Prower 10/20/23

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    The best suit in the game (Raimi suit) was free and I used it for the rest of the game once it was available.

That's not how you spell Future Foundation suit

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I know, right? Raimi suit is just an uglier version of the classic suit.

I'm nostalgic for it since that movie came out when I was... 12? But I'm not fond of the design these days. The eyes bother me. I know a lot of people love that suit so, whatever. Atleast I can say that here without getting downvoted into oblivion :ellipses:

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I can't wear that, thinking about how nasty the fans were about it in the leadup to it dropping.

Oh brilliant
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    So I finally picked up this game. I'm at the beginning of Act 3.

Is the story just out the window now, or is there more to see here?

Because so far
    We have two major villains, Li and Ock who have both switched from decent human beings to irredeemable psychopaths in a remarkably short time, and both their plans seem to be

Step 1: Murder an entire city
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Norman Osborn will pay

and it's just very fatiguing. Act 1 feels like a century ago.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    The two new suits featured in Spider Man: Far From Home are going to be added to this game for free.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I 100%'d all three DLCs and kinda regret that I won't have any reason to use these new suits. Also kinda bizarre that they wouldn't just save the Far From Home suits for the inevitable sequel. But maybe they'll be in there as well.

This game was amazing and I loved it. Can't wait for whatever is next.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    How many suits haven't been used in this game? I'm not a super-fan who knows them all, but the only one I know that felt like it was missing is clearly being saved for plot reasons further on.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    Spider-Man probably has 100+ costumes, if not more. And then you get into alternate universe versions of him like Into The Spiderverse...

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I doubt they'll add either of the Garfield suits.

Dirty wrote: »

I could maybe see them doing the first movie, since it had those distinct eyes. But both the Garfield costumes are pretty similar to the Raimi suit anyways.

Suits I'd like to see in the next game:

Symbiote (obviously)
    Spider Armor MK1 (the silver one)
    Captain Universe
    Ricochet/ Hornet / Dusk
    Animated Costume (or maybe the design from the cartoon Unlimited)

The problem is a lot of suits are very samey or just a spin on the classic suit. I really like Ben Reilly's suit (not the hoodie, but his suit with the darker blue and arm stingers) but it's not much different than his vanilla suit. And then you have his out of costume suits, like the Wrestler outfit where he just makes a mask of webbing.

Didn't this have the Mk1 armor? I'm sure it did.

It had two other spider armors, MK II and MKIII. And also, his movie version of the Iron Spider. I can understand why they added those other version, they don't get as much limelight as the original armor. But the silver look is iconic.

Turf Wars added the Mk1, I'm pretty sure.

klemming wrote: »
    Turf Wars added the Mk1, I'm pretty sure.

Shit, I don't have the DLC still

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Ok sorry for the bump, but just playing this and LOVING it - except for one weird story question.

I feel like a big reveal came out of nowhere with no one reacting...?
    So Miles father is killed and we, the audience are shown Martin Li for the first time with the Demons. Peter at this point is out cold and you’re playing as Miles.

One week later, the funeral. And then Peter and MJ are investigating Li?

Why?

Why wouldn’t Peter be shocked his Aunts boss is like, the big bad?

It seems so weird I feel like I missed his big revelation or something.

Did I miss anything or is it just weirdly written?

I’m just beyond this point so no spoilers if it’s like, somehow something I SHOULDNT know yet, but I can’t imagine...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I had this same issue, and I was told that
    you're meant to infer that Peter recognized Martin just before he got knocked out.

I felt that Act 2 got increasingly less engaging due to the writing, so much so that I quit after the start of Act 3. I am very much in the minority in feeling that way! But if you struggle with staying entertained at that point you can at least know you're not alone

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Ok sorry for the bump, but just playing this and LOVING it - except for one weird story question.

I feel like a big reveal came out of nowhere with no one reacting...?
    So Miles father is killed and we, the audience are shown Martin Li for the first time with the Demons. Peter at this point is out cold and you’re playing as Miles.

One week later, the funeral. And then Peter and MJ are investigating Li?

Why?

Why wouldn’t Peter be shocked his Aunts boss is like, the big bad?

It seems so weird I feel like I missed his big revelation or something.

Did I miss anything or is it just weirdly written?

I’m just beyond this point so no spoilers if it’s like, somehow something I SHOULDNT know yet, but I can’t imagine...

Yeah, I really don't see why they changed the big mission right before that.
    This was what they showed at E3 before release: (the changes are at 4:20)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zm30yeHHE

I don't see why they replaced Li with a generic goon, as that was a good point for the reveal. If anything, the goon should have been in the E3 trailer and Li in the game.

I just mentally switch the scenes, and I feel like it's better for it.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Thank you for posting that!!

I remember seeing that at E3 and have been waiting for it in game and thought I was going crazy!

What a weird change.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    I really wouldn't be mad if they just lifted that whole crane/helicopter chase scene and stuck it in a movie.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    That looks pretty sweet. I like that he’s got his own powers to work with.

Loving that pairing of subtitles there.

Here's hoping they decided to ditch Spider-Cop after the initial response

Though I guess I can't imagine anything similar to the first game being in this one, otherwise there's no way they could retool in time for a holiday release

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    There’s always going to be some cop presence hanging over the series - Miles’s dad was police, after all - but I can imagine the next Peter game may have a considerably different approach to police in general, given how this summer is shaking out.

• VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    Well that's a bummer. I only recently learned about the Platinum reward avatar program because of Horizon Zero Dawn. I opted in to the marketing emails and a few days later I got the code. I got plat on Spider-man a long time ago, but apparently they don't award the avatars retroactively. Just for grins I tried chatting with support about it, but they held firm.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    There’s always going to be some cop presence hanging over the series - Miles’s dad was police, after all - but I can imagine the next Peter game may have a considerably different approach to police in general, given how this summer is shaking out.

If anything, recent events would make police friction with Spider-Man make a whole lot more sense. He's out risking his life taking down people armed with super-science without dealing permanent harm and the police can't even arrest unarmed people who have already surrendered without crippling or killing people. He's also out there helping people for nothing, which plenty of cops would resent because he's intruding on their territory and undercutting their authority.

Spider-Man saying outright that he refuses to work with the police because they're blatantly corrupt and dangerous would be a pretty big deal.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Bring back the police officer from the last game and have them fire her in disgrace (because the department is super corrupt). Then have her start a private detective agency and send you tips that way, with no more police team ups in the game.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bring back the police officer from the last game and have them fire her in disgrace (because the department is super corrupt). Then have her start a private detective agency and send you tips that way, with no more police team ups in the game.

the DLC kind of undercuts that idea by a lot
    as she is 100% going to be a side-quest villain for the sequel

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

the DLC kind of undercuts that idea by a lot
    as she is 100% going to be a side-quest villain for the sequel

Lol, haven't played it. Okay, what I said but with the Blonde Phantom. And the Blonde Phantom was never a cop. There you go.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Dirty wrote: »
    adult-garfield-costume.jpg
    ?

Edit: fuck me, that's a large picture

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    FROM THE DEPTHS

So in Miles Morales, Insomniac has made the wise choice that young black Spider-man doesn't work with the cops but rather uses an App designed by his friend for people to contact him.

I do wonder if they'll even try to address the current state of policing, especially as cops who would otherwise profile him act like he's their friend...

McRhyno on
    PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Important Miles Morales news:
    https://youtu.be/2RzcpdYAQGc

SPIDER-CAT
    Spider-cat, does whatever a Spider-cat does.
    Can he swing from a web? No, he can't, he's a cat.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    McRhyno wrote: »
    FROM THE DEPTHS

So in Miles Morales, Insomniac has made the wise choice that young black Spider-man doesn't work with the cops but rather uses an App designed by his friend for people to contact him.

I do wonder if they'll even try to address the current state of policing, especially as cops who would otherwise profile him act like he's their friend...

In the real world, webbing up criminals and leaving them for the police to find would be nowhere near as non-lethal as the comic books portray it to be.

jothki wrote: »
    McRhyno wrote: »
    FROM THE DEPTHS

In the real world, webbing up criminals and leaving them for the police to find would be nowhere near as non-lethal as the comic books portray it to be.

And in the real world cops are the villains.

One of these concepts might have some merit to being addressed in the game!

Also that is Spider-Man, the Cat. Ain't no Spider-Cat

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    There's Spider-Man, and Human Spider-Man

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    Spider-Cat doesn't need a pre-order, does it? I'm not buying until I know whether SM Remastered is worth getting along with it.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Something I completely missed the first time around in those videos is the world transition. Remember how the PS4 version always has a vent crawl or cutaway in order to load those interior areas? Looks like, at least on the way out, those load sequences are completely gone. Miles blasts right out of that building into the open world area of the game, zero transition and zero load time. So much better now.

Losing those "stop moving so fast so we can load stuff" crawls from the PS4 era was basically my biggest personal wish for the next gen, so glad to see that stuff finally disappearing.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Title updated!

Also love how we have seen 3 different jacket over suit outfits because those are my fav.

So now I have a clear path of starter hoodie > upgraded hoodie suit and future hoodie suit.