As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cyberpunk 2077 - It Can't Get Darker Than Night City, Right?

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    The bike and car design in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjvTy2u9qxE

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    man if nothing else, I hope this game has some extremely fresh synth beats. I am an absolute sucker for 80s synth beats.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    edited July 2019
    In other news, it looks like Trauma Team is no longer fictional.

240?cb=20180615145536

At this point the only thing missing is for profit.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    How very, very Florida.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Not even the first state to do it, apparently. Kansas and Ohio beat them to it.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    How close are we to an actual Action Doctor?

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    How close are we to an actual Action Doctor?

Already been done:

https://youtu.be/FO0kRE5OTZI

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    In other news, it looks like Trauma Team is no longer fictional.

240?cb=20180615145536

At this point the only thing missing is for profit.

Ok, listen, I VERY rarely leave G&T, to the point that I *don't know what the realm outside G&T looks like*

But let me tell you, I would very gladly play in a CP2020 game where all the PCs are a VERY tired Trauma Team.

Hell, I might even run it as a one-shot if I can crawl out of the Depression Hole long enough. (point me to where I do this thing)

Since I couldn't find the clip, I made it myself. This is why I apologetically love Appleseed more than Ghost in the Shell. NSFW audio.

https://youtu.be/onpkD_buAoc

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Some of you may recall that they announced multiplayer for this long ago. After that it sort of seemed like they forgot about it. But they did not forget about it.

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Netrunning Battle Royale mode coming in 3...2...

Some of you may recall that they announced multiplayer for this long ago. After that it sort of seemed like they forgot about it. But they did not forget about it.

I hope it's just a BBS where you get on and troll people with nonsense.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Coop would be super neat.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I hope it's just a BBS where you get on and troll people with nonsense.

Finally, my former life of being a passive-aggressive UseNet denizen will pay dividends.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »
    Netrunning Battle Royale mode coming in 3...2...
    I think this is so ancient that the multiplayer was planned before BR was even a popular thing.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Since I couldn't find the clip, I made it myself. This is why I apologetically love Appleseed more than Ghost in the Shell. NSFW audio.

https://youtu.be/onpkD_buAoc

Shinji Aramaki Appleseed is better. Fite me.

• LindLind Registered User regular
    Did you all talk about the music already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igq3d6XA75Y

• NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Actually, the site jumped the gun by publishing news they got by using google translate: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/07/03/cd-projekt-say-no-theyre-not-already-making-cyberpunk-2077s-sequel/

Guy is trying to make it really seem like multiplayer is a thing, but CDProject RED tells them he is wrong and multiplayer is not confirmed.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I was wondering about that.

Just as recently as E3 they straight up said they had no actual plans for multiplayer, but it has been an idea they've been kicking around. They further stressed that if they did do it don't expect it to be a thing any time soon (even after the game launches).

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Considering the style of game they've described so far, I'd prefer they not spend resources on multi. I don't think the systems would enhamce the core game idea, which is an open world thing.

Maybe something cool like those social plugins, where if you have friends playing they can make mild impacts on your game though their game. Hear references to them or get Intel or credits sent back and forth.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    CyBRpunk: Battle Royale

• ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Has CDP ever made anything multiplayer?

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Apostate wrote: »
    Has CDP ever made anything multiplayer?

Gwent and The Witcher Adventure Game. I think that's it. So yes, but just smaller spin-offs.

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Considering the style of game they've described so far, I'd prefer they not spend resources on multi. I don't think the systems would enhamce the core game idea, which is an open world thing.

Maybe something cool like those social plugins, where if you have friends playing they can make mild impacts on your game though their game. Hear references to them or get Intel or credits sent back and forth.

I'm always a fan of asynchronous multiplayer, like if your friend can 'send' you a weapon in a specific drop box or aid or hurt you by sending a team to attack or help etc. Little things like that are always kinda neat imo and would be a lot easier to implement than a full coop/multi mode, although I do think coop would go far for this.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
    Card battle game, you know it's true.

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular

There will be gambling minigame in the game.
    Except sometimes, you are gambling against another player

edited July 2019
    I would never expect this to happen, but man if I don't think it would be awesomely hilarious and hilariously awesome.

Basically I would be tickled pink if the "multiplayer" they ended up implementing was actually an in-universe "VR MMO fantasy ARPG" in which you create a character, choose a class, join your friends/others and travel through procedurally generated dungeons acquiring loot and leveling up.

Like how Gwent is an in-universe card game this would be that, but for Cyberpunk.

Axen on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Because there's no place else to put this:

Still playing Witcher 3. I'm tracking down armor upgrade diagrams, and I made a beeline for the quest marker. Unfortunately that caused me to fall off a cliff to my death. But the instant Geralt hit the ground, the game produced a loud comedy fart noise.

It turns out I had discovered the cave of the three farting trolls, but for a moment, I thought I was developing an entertaining mental illness.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    I'll say what I said before. Now that Cyberpunk Red is coming out, I want an isometric view tactical RPG with the new Cyberpunk Red rules and setting. I want the Shadowrun Returns for Cyberpunk, hopefully where you can coop modules with friends, play whatever class you want, and maybe even be able to create modules yourself.

That's what I want... if they can make that, they can do whatever they want to 2077.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    If they ever do multiplayer, the obvious answer is something revolving around a trauma team.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    given keanu plays in a band do you think hes playing in that samurai track

obF2Wuw.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    given keanu plays in a band do you think hes playing in that samurai track

After 47 Ronin flopped at the box office, I'd imagine he has an aversion to samurai.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Silverhand is a Rockerboy. (Rockerfolk?)

Fencingsax wrote: »
    Silverhand is a Rockerboy. (Rockerfolk?)

Hilariously, IRL Keanu referred to Dogstar deciding to play live gigs as "a huge mistake".

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

I really want to hear all the different stations.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Aww yissss.

I'm gonna be riding nothing but motorcycles and jamming out to (hopefully) rad electronic shit.

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular

I actually would not be shocked if they tried to adapt Netrunner to a digital format and have that be Cyberpunk's Gwent

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

I actually would not be shocked if they tried to adapt Netrunner to a digital format and have that be Cyberpunk's Gwent

I almost wonder if they might not just make a cyberpunk'd version of gwent. Though i suspect they'd kinda get raked over the coals by some people for that? (conversely, i would so be down for it)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891

I almost wonder if they might not just make a cyberpunk'd version of gwent. Though i suspect they'd kinda get raked over the coals by some people for that? (conversely, i would so be down for it)

During E3 they were asked about it and they said there is no cyber-gwent.

Oh Good, a new place to slam my Kavinsky.