As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I grabbed the two new 30k greens from GW, Sons of Horus and Lupercal green, thinking I'd do a Sons of Horus color scheme... but man do I not like the lighter of the two. It's a very chalky pastel green.

I might just end up going black legion as 1) black is super easy to paint, and 2) it seems to look consistently good across the whole chaos range.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Next White Dwarf has rules for Eisenhorn and Deamons for Kilteam. Also Gabriel Angelos gets his own datasheet in the Blood Ravens Index Astartes.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Next White Dwarf has rules for Eisenhorn and Deamons for Kilteam. Also Gabriel Angelos gets his own datasheet in the Blood Ravens Index Astartes.

Angelos has had a data sheet for a while from Forge World.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Finally my little brother will achieve his dreams of fighting his fiancee's Slaanesh models in Kill Team. He plays Grey Knights. I'm giving him a lot of side-eye right now.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    The only difficult part is picking a color scheme for my Chaos models... deciding on which legion to play is agonizing.

I did word bearers long ago. I did what was warlock purple over black and a ton of wash then watered down crimson
    I am curious if the Gal Vorbak color is the same as it kind of looks like it with the word bearers layer this might match up to what I did long ago

The reason I did Word Bearers was this was the first CSM codex and I did not want to do the Black Legion and the World Eaters would have been interesting at the time but there was some very ugly people I played 40k with at the time {the it's my ball I am going home with it type of ideal more long of the words of you cannot do them I am and I don't want people to get confused}
    No one did the Word Bearers in the area and their lore was pretty much nothing at the time. So I don't regret what I did just knowing what I have to do to res my army is what stops me [as well at the horrible time I had playing them}

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Now that Sisters is on the horizon, I've been seriously thinking about buying more IG, so that I can have marines/Sisters/IG/knight.

That was always the dream.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Of course right after I buy a Repulsor, GW teases a dedicated transport. Someone I was talking to thinks it may be limited to Phobos pattern units though, as a way to differentiate it from the Repulsor and Executioner. Would be interesting, especially if they gave it the same infiltration ability the units have. Bringing in a few "Rhinos" worth of infiltrators when and where you choose could be a pretty stout tactical addition to the standard Primaritau gun line.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    That's the only way I could see a phobos-exclusive transport not being kind of a bizarre move.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Well it's nice that they are bring out the phobos marines as the price is a rollercoaster on ebay I don't want to ride

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I don't see anything on this new transport, any links handy, guys?

Lanlaorn wrote: »
    I don't see anything on this new transport, any links handy, guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsL-VdxLYw

Oh, is that all? The video is cute but the rampant speculation about the new dreadnought and new vehicle from out of focus minis seems pretty pointless.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I mean it's clearly a new Primaris transport, and those are clearly multi-part Eliminators to the right in the video (around the dread). Given that we know Eliminators have a new weapon (thanks to Apoclypse) it makes some sense. Sorry if our "pointless" speculation about incoming space marine kit bothers you.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Listen just make it clear that you're wishlisting, we've got a poor quality picture of a rhino chasis and suddenly it's a new dedicated transport that's possibly Phobos only.

The only thing we can "clearly" see about it is that it has side sponsons and some kind of turret.

So I worked on my Delaque gang to keep myself distracted from the general noise of outside
    3qgstlaekwd3.png

I tried to make the female body work but I figured out after I did it that the kit is set up for certain body plans the rest is go wild

I really should have played around with the goliath kit first as it looks far more straight forward and forgiving

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Got my first game of my clubs annual competetive leauge tonight. Playing the same list I took to the team event.

My first opponent is triple wave serpent, triple crimson hunter exarchs and harlequin bikes. A whole lot of minus to hit.

Seeing as I play Tau, RIP game one.

So knights round 3. Curious why the melee knight is more expensive than his loyalist. At this point I figure it is just a chaos tax because that would be in line with stuff. Also the new laser destructor is kind of not great.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/05/chaos-knights-3-builds-for-your-matched-play-armygw-homepage-post-2/

CSMHavocTactica-Mar28-LaserDestructor-84qi.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So knights round 3. Curious why the melee knight is more expensive than his loyalist. At this point I figure it is just a chaos tax because that would be in line with stuff. Also the new laser destructor is kind of not great.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/05/chaos-knights-3-builds-for-your-matched-play-armygw-homepage-post-2/

The laser destructor seems pretty great. Wounds everything that isn't toughness 8 on a 2+ and has the potential to do 9 wounds, 3 of which are mortal. It is also long range so it can be used to blast targets from safe distances.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    edited July 2019
    Stragint wrote: »

The laser destructor seems pretty great. Wounds everything that isn't toughness 8 on a 2+ and has the potential to do 9 wounds, 3 of which are mortal. It is also long range so it can be used to blast targets from safe distances.

I think if it wasn't random number of shots it would be fine. That random number of shots hurts it a lot.

A quick mathhammer on it:

It averages 3.8 wounds to a vehicle and 2 wounds to a knight.

It's like a slight better lascannon. It is underwhelming especially verse the new repulsor gun with a base damage of 3.

Edit:

Here is the kit.

66428821_2340563289597630_5983370466780250112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnglzt7EPsvTPCkQDBjUdTasQPkK_RfJf0rHMFY-jzUQPrG29bb7B47eyjztete7Yk&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=b7fb2320e95c3f661bf5b171a3e229a8&oe=5DB97516

I think I will have to go dig up some rotary cannons.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Yeah, compared to the repulsor it's a bit crap, as it really relies on rolling that six to wound. The repulsor damage output is much more reliable and it can shoot twice when going slow and has longer range.

edited July 2019
    Yea, that all definitely makes sense for why that destructor isn't that great. I just always play against models that are toughness 5 or better so seeing anything that would let me wound on a 2+ makes me pretty excited.

Also thinking about picking up my apoc pre order from the LGS at midnight. Also kind of want to get some movement trays but I'm already buying too much as is.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I plan on getting the movement trays for my swarm
    Just I fear primering them

I'm not sure I'd base the trays if I get any. I have an absolutely stupid quantity of 32mm bases between my Necrons and Space Wolves and if I take the 25mm bases off my Necron Warriors and base them on 32mm bases I'll have another 100 32mm for my Necron side.

I'd rather not base them so they could be universally used by either faction.

I also have a good chunk of 40mm bases on both side.

I'm not sure I'd base the trays if I get any. I have an absolutely stupid quantity of 32mm bases between my Necrons and Space Wolves and if I take the 25mm bases off my Necron Warriors and base them on 32mm bases I'll have another 100 32mm for my Necron side.

I felt the video where they based them was pretty good but then I am only planning on getting them for one army

Brainleech wrote: »

I felt the video where they based them was pretty good but then I am only planning on getting them for one army

It definitely looked really good and I really want to do it. Eventually I probably will.

I still don't even know what kind of base I want to put my Necrons on. The Space Wolves are all going to have cracked ice bases.

Back In March I had the idea to do a homebrew chapter for my Primaris Kill team
    Today I took the first steps in painting them
    8vhs913q82kr.png
    That's Night Lords Blue!
    I really am just going to wing it since I have an idea of the look I want but I will see when I get there

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    gtqaxw0viukl.jpg

Right side is traditional paint and a coat of wash. Left is that new contrast paint, just one coat over gray primer. I'm fucking impressed!

Okay laser destructor is back on the menu boys.

There is a relic that replaces it that makes it:

Heavy 3 Str 16 AP -4 D6 with the unmodified roll of a 6 to wound does mortal wounds.

Also there are god based thrones. Slaanesh gives +1 to advance and charge rolls. Tzeentch let's you smite and deny a power and you automatically blow up.

You can also command point farm with them. And a warlord trait let's you deny a power. Also the last one that is amazing, helm of warpsight-ignore all to hit modifiers. That is nuts. You can destroy eldar flyers with it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Also the last one that is amazing, helm of warpsight-ignore all to hit modifiers. That is nuts. You can destroy eldar flyers with it.

Well.

That's certainly going to cause some issues for Eldar lists. It's not just the Flyers that rely on negative modifiers for defense.

Burnage wrote: »
    Also the last one that is amazing, helm of warpsight-ignore all to hit modifiers. That is nuts. You can destroy eldar flyers with it.

Well.

That's certainly going to cause some issues for Eldar lists. It's not just the Flyers that rely on negative modifiers for defense.

Especially because you can bring dual avenger gatling cannons.

Then you can make one of them str 7 ap -2 d3 with 12 shots. And then you can reroll all those attacks. I am not sure if there is a relic version as well like the loyalist. There is the relic flamer I guess.

Chaos Knights are the anti-eldar flyer spam. They can pop two flyers a turn.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Found out commander Farsight is finecast. Not sure I want to do the eight anymore. Finecast makes me sad.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Found out commander Farsight is finecast. Not sure I want to do the eight anymore. Finecast makes me sad.

He’s very easy to convert out of a commander kit. Just a sword and shield really.

Norgoth wrote: »

He’s very easy to convert out of a commander kit. Just a sword and shield really.

I have the old one somewhere
    I tired to do the dynamic pose in his art from the codex. It was that and generally having no idea how to play them they lead to my forgotten army
    I just need fire warriors but I can do the eight

Can you strip finecast? with no ill effects?

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited July 2019

Most stripping agents that I've tried do bad, bad things to Finecast. We're talking loss of detail down to straight up melting the model.

The weirdest case was where the model didn't lose any details at all but became floppy.

Burnage on
    Burnage wrote: »

Most stripping agents that I've tried do bad, bad things to Finecast. We're talking loss of detail down to straight up melting the model.

I found Isopropyl alcohol was good for plastic and metal but I was curious

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Isopropyl alcohol is MUCH gentler towards finecast than brake fluid. I wouldn't recommend the latter.

Mayday wrote: »
    Isopropyl alcohol is MUCH gentler towards finecast than brake fluid. I wouldn't recommend the latter.

I have the alcohol and can get more since I use it for screen cleaning and it cleaned some of the nastier minis I got on ebay

edited July 2019
    I've been reading through the apoc rulebook for how to build armies and points and such. It looks like when it talks about power levels it means to add the power level of each army together for the size of the game.

I've been wondering if my friends would really be able to engage in any apoc since my friends each respectively have 2000 points of Blood Angels and 2000 points of Custodes and some IG he is working on.

Might actually be able to play some apoc with them.

Edit: I don't usually use my monolith for my Necrons but in apoc they say it can deep strike and then immediately spew out a squad of units in reserve.

Can it do that in 40K? The rules don't seem to support that in 40K.

Stragint on

This discussion has been closed.