As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF PbP Gaming Index

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Just finished getting my butt kicked in Blood Rage, so I'm down (to learn it for the first time....)

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Would anyone be interested to be players in a PbP for Monster of the Week?

Yup.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Cool, I will see about putting together a OP.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold Campaign • August St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I've gotten to play some recently and it's a very fun, easy system. I'd definitely be up for giving it a shot here as well, if you wind up with enough room.

uyvfOQy.png
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    OP for Monster of the Week is up.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold Campaign • August St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Looking for a handful of players to try a PBP version of Star Wars: Armada.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Tabletop Simulator of Deception: Murder in Hong Kong

im looking for players today, Oct 19. around 4pm to 9pm, preferably earlier the better for more game time.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    The annual tradition for control of the galactic throne returns.

Twilight Imperium 4th Edition, Game 5

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Even though my last Mage concept was a bit of a wash, I'm brainstorming another one focused around the Adamantine Arrow since their book has a ton of awesome ideas, if that's not too self-indulgent. I'm hoping the lack of interest was less due to Mage being complicated and more that I needed a different setup.

I might also revise the OP so it's less daunting, since it can be a pretty imposing setup.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    Will there be a new game of BattleStar Gallatica anytime soon?

Do you enjoy economic games?

Do you like making cunning plans and breaking the hopes of others?

Do you enjoy the Franklin Gothic typeface?

Then perhaps I can interest you in taking part in a game of currency trading, For-Ex...

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited June 2019
    Manage a bus line to deliver passengers in a rapidly growing city (and possibly destroy the time-space continuum) in Splotter Spellen game Bus!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Would there be any interest in a PbP Monster of the Week game?

steam_sig.png
  • bravozulubravozulu Mostly Harmless Pocket City USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Would there be any interest in a slow, weekly turn jousting tournament based on Gygax’s jousting rules from Chainmail?

A game using these simple rules: http://swordplusone.com/Jousting_final.pdf

A game with where players make a few tactical decisions, have some light roleplay? Where you could earn in game gold, prizes and xp? Or be forced to pay ransom for your gear?

I’d like to run such a tournament.

bravozulu on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'd be interested. Was the fighter class really called fighting men back then?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

In old timey D&D it was. Mr. Davison is using a house ruled version of D&D and keeps the name.

Glad to see interest!

edited July 2019
    Methinks I may whip up a planning thread of some sort this weekend for recruitment.

bravozulu on
    edited July 2019
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Hey, crazy thought. My sister & brother-in-law have a Euro boardgame called Labyrinth (not related to the 80's movie). It's for 2-4 players, and uses a 7x7 board made up of loose tiles, and a deck of cards with pictures of objects that are also on some of the tiles. Each turn, one player draws a card and looks at what object is on it. Then the player takes the spare tile and uses it to slide one row of the 'board' over until another tile is out of bounds. Then, if they have a clear path to the object they drew, they move to that tile and get a point. If not, they pick somewhere they can move to and try again later. Since each player is taking the tile knocked out last turn and adding it somewhere else, the board's maze is constantly changing, but players don't know what object other players are trying to get next, so your ability to interfere in a deliberate way is limited.

I was thinking, if I took good pictures of the tiles and cards using my smart phone, I could host a game for people by splicing tile images to make board images and using PM conversations with each player for the card draw. I probably wouldn't be able to get the photos till next weekend, but is this something people would want to try?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I have that game too! It would be interesting to try a pbp of for sure!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    Just out of morbid curiosity, do we have a discord? I thought it might be a good resource for discussing various games, rulesets, character concepts, etc.

wVEsyIc.png
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Just out of morbid curiosity, do we have a discord? I thought it might be a good resource for discussing various games, rulesets, character concepts, etc.

There's a general PA forum discord I think? Thread for it somewhere in G&T.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    @38thDoe @ArcSyn @Auralynx @jdarksun @JPants

Hey sorry, change of plans meant I wasn't able to get over to my sisters' this weekend. I might be watching the nephews at their house during the week, and if not I'll definitely be having Thanksgiving with them, so either way I will have the stuff I need to start it up by the weekend if there's still interest.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited November 2019
    I'll run another game if more than 4 are interested.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited December 2019
    So, JPants has been completely absent from the forums for 2 whole days now (hopefully not due to anything serious) and the Labyrinth game I'm hosting is at a standstill. We can just cut the 4th player, but if anyone would like to step in take over as the blue player the spot's open.

Fair warning though, he was tied for last place, but luck is a big factor so who knows if things could turn around.

Nevermind, he's back.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Keep your Pants on.

B|

edited December 2019
    Everything came down to the wire with a four-way tie, but ArcSyn managed to win the Labyrinth PBP.

Probably don't want to start one up heading into the week of the holiday shutdown, but if other players are interested in trying it I wouldn't be opposed to running a second one when the forums come back up in the New Year.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Hey y'all. It's been a while. Let's build train tracks and make some money in Irish Gauge.

(For those wondering about the absence of my usual Twilight Imperium game, I completely upgraded my computer a number of months ago and didn't have a spreadsheet program to keep track of everything. Still don't, in fact! So I'm running a simpler game in the meantime to scratch that hosting itch in the meantime.)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Star Wars- Outer Rim game is up!

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Conquer the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros by fighting, discover lost Relics, and humiliating your enemies for fun and profit in the Aegon's Conquest Megagame, sign ups open now!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Just poking this thread for anyone that sees it. We need replacements for the Megagame.

Come take on Westeros! Destroy your enemies! Raid their land! Marry your siblings!

Well...maybe not that last part.

Just poking this thread for anyone that sees it. We need replacements for the Megagame.

Come take on Westeros! Destroy your enemies! Raid their land! Marry your siblings!

Well...maybe not that last part.

Take on your siblings and marry your enemies?

wVEsyIc.png
    Dealer's choice!

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I've started up a PbP of Eldritch Horror here for those who are interested. Core Set + Forsaken Lore only.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.