As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Guyness

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Guyness

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    If you ever start a sentence with, "I don't want to be that guy," you are automatically doomed to become that guy.

It's mathmetics. Can't argue with mathmetics.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    gbrooksgbrooks Registered User regular
    What robbery thing was Jerry talking about with the broken link?

• Options
    ironheadironhead Registered User regular
    If you ever start a sentence with, "I don't want to be that guy," you are automatically doomed to become that guy.

It's mathmetics. Can't argue with mathmetics.

I don't want to be that guy but I like peanut butter. Math checks out. No matter what you pass in for X if you utter the phrase "I don't to be that guy but X" then you == "that guy".

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    gbrooks wrote: »

It links to the comic from 7/10, so all I can figure out is that he's become unstuck in time. Again.

We told him not to go back to the woods.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Tycho's claim that he does not want to be that guy is as disingenuous as his assertion that the only experience he wants from Westworld is a quiet life, until he is forced, forced to do the thing he's actually there for.

In both cases, Tycho absolutely wants to be that guy; he merely finds it fashionable and/or flattering to pretend otherwise.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    With all due respect, I don’t want to be that guy.

• Options
    Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    And Noone knew why.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Jgr9 wrote: »
    And Noone knew why.

Noone’s such an accomplished person.

• Options
    gbrooks wrote: »

FYI, the news post has now been changed to
    But, yes. Like the strip that will appear on Wednesday, a tale of confronting a thief in your garage, this even more harrowing tale is also drawn from real life.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    "I don't want to be that guy" is as legally absolving as "I do not own this content".

I don't consider myself a rules lawyer by any means, and I am the first to say that 40k rules are needlessly complicated. But seriously, it amazes me how rarely people will just rtfm in this game.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I don't want to be that guy, but I can eat just one.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Not to be that guy, but once I pop I absolutely can stop.

• Options
    Not to be that guy but Charmin doesn't do enough for my b hole, like it feels course and uncomfortable and I really prefer quilted northern.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

The one guy responded and said "That's why you lock your doors and stay strapped" to which Jerry responded "I have been watching Krav Maga videos on YouTube" and the other guy ran with it. I almost cried I laughed so hard.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    I love that no matter what happens there is always someone that wants to blame the victim.

I remember one time in college I was tired and slightly confused and I walked into the wrong college apartment, that was an awkward five seconds.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I love that no matter what happens there is always someone that wants to blame the victim.

I remember one time in college I was tired and slightly confused and I walked into the wrong college apartment, that was an awkward five seconds.

I once did that, only it was for a friend's house who lived in a slightly bad part of town.

"Oh no. OH NO."

• Options
    dennis wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

I once did that, only it was for a friend's house who lived in a slightly bad part of town.

"Oh no. OH NO."

I got married in vegas, so I was ready for my wedding and went to get my dad at his hotel, only I got the hotel room wrong and woke up some poor middle aged guy who looked super confused when I knocked on his door at 8 am.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    One New Year's Eve, a good friend of mine got so drunk that he entered the wrong apartment and WENT TO SLEEP in what he thought was his bed but definitely was not. The bed's true owner was... not amused.

y59kydgzuja4.png