As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Goddamn it Barst, you were the chosen one! You were supposed to lose and bring balance to my feathers, not beat the hawk king. Now you're winning and I might be stuck on the Barst train to the end.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Haha Tibarn had exactly one hour of multiplier the entire round. He dealt such a massive haymaker during that hour that it took Barst the entire time to recover. Last hour bonus was too much to overcome.

Acheron on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I keep picking the losers :/ I probably shouldn't have picked Mia for the last round cuz she's gonna never get a multiplier... but I mean... really? Jorge?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Edit: Bunch on reddit are guessing Nils for the left one. Shit, that might be right.

Edit 2: Someone else on there suggested Cherche for the right one. I think there's a good chance that's correct. She has something resembling a pointy ear which matches well with the wyvern wing chin guard Cherche wears all the time. Whatever that fish bone thing is also kinda sorta resembles her armor design (obviously not the same thing but may be taking inspiration from it)

Edit 3: Bold prediction time, assuming the above two are true.

Chrom, Cherche
    Nils, Ninian (or possibly Nino, but I'm going with the combo here.. But maybe Nino as the free TT hero.. Or swap her with Ninian being free)

It occurs to me too that Blazing Blade fits surprisingly well in the little patterns IS likes to do of having the Legendary/Mythic hero tie in with one of the recent banners. And we kinda just got Eliwood..... Now granted, he could be tying to the bride banner last month with Pent and Louise, but that's a bit of a distance...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/7Il9zoAOwa8

Well my guesses were way the frick off.. Umm.. At least I got FE7 right?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Wow. Brazen atk/spd 4? Lyn has good stuff too even if not new.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Are they trolling us with these Lyn alts? Also different color but beach Lyn looks like she's putting legendary Lyn even further down in the trash bin.

And another clutch uptiered skill on a seasonal in brazen. It should be illegal for IS to print money like this.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Wow. Brazen atk/spd 4? Lyn has good stuff too even if not new.

Yeahhhh.. I feel obligated to pull an extra Wolt to sacrifice to Celica :P

• Options
    Also, would not have expected them to use a seasonal alt slot on Ursula. Did she score high in CYL or something?

Voting gauntlet is almost over and thank god I no longer have to use these random scrub units. Just did a match with a 5*+2 Lilina wielding +DEF Bolganone, bringing her up to 22 defense. Just...why?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Also, would not have expected them to use a seasonal alt slot on Ursula. Did she score high in CYL or something?

Voting gauntlet is almost over and thank god I no longer have to use these random scrub units. Just did a match with a 5*+2 Lilina wielding +DEF Bolganone, bringing her up to 22 defense. Just...why?

Not especially. She is 26th for FE7 characters and 728 overall. It's weird too cuz she's not especially an important character. I feel like she dies so early in that game.

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Summer banners require summer bodies, and Ursula has the perfect "stat spread" for that kind of thing.
    Not sure why summer banners require colorless cavalry daggers, on the other hand.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Hm Lyn and Lilina are both big "maybes" from me so maybe my orbs are finally safe during a summer banner. ...Let's see if that holds true tomorrow.

• Options
    I'll shoot a free pull for Lyn Donnel and then save up. Gotta save orbs for Dire Thani Micaiah next month.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    They're really going all in on making seasonals great fodder lately. It's so hard to get even one focus unit that I can't afford to pull solely for fodder. Now that legendary banners are getting to the point where they can almost have pure mythic/legendary lineups, I might just save for those only. There are tons of legendaries and mythics I still haven't gotten.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    New patch is out.
    https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/feh-content-update-070719-summer-refreshes

Damn, those seals....

New weapons are so-so decent. Luke and Rody's are just better versions of their current one (more might, that's it), refines kinda meh. Matthew's is a huge improvement over his shit default dagger (refine is pretty great too, same effect as Lilina's new dagger) and Raigh's basically gives him Keen Radrwolf refine without a refine (refine is an owltome).

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Urrrrgh. Fiora actually gets into the game and it's as a swimsuit alt. That's some real monkey's paw shit right there.

I guess it vindicates my decision to spend a ton of orbs on Distant Counter fodder instead of saving them since all the characters I like get ignored or done dirty anyway.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Urrrrgh. Fiora actually gets into the game and it's as a swimsuit alt. That's some real monkey's paw shit right there.

I guess it vindicates my decision to spend a ton of orbs on Distant Counter fodder instead of saving them since all the characters I like get ignored or done dirty anyway.

She'll get a normal version eventually. Though who knows how long considering Charlotte still doesn't have one :P (seriously, so many banners with the royals and we still don't have half the Fates characters yet...)

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I've been putting some effort into tackling the abyssal hero battles. Last night I finally cleared Xander. It's definitely the hardest one I've managed to complete. Tanky DC cavalry is nasty business.

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I would like to point out that I had a grand total of 25 lift loss for all last week and of course AR defense rewards start this week.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I built a new defense team for this defense rewards crap last night, so I'll have to see how it does. My old one was basically ruined by the last round of map changes but I hadn't bothered to change it much because I was coasting at 21+ and kinda stopped caring too much about getting the ZOMG best tier I could (because that would be way too disheartening... all the fights are a bitch at tier 21+ so it's best to stop caring when I lose a bunch of times or else I would just be depressed). This one tries to put shadow blessings on everyone (except OP L!Azura who I can't) so hopefully it helps more that way at least (Anima for the other team obviously). Wasted of a bunch of blessings to do it (replace blessing, lock team, put blessing back.. :/) but I had a lot just sitting there (less of the 4 new ones tho.. mostly the old ones that they keep handing out for things... And even then I left a couple of them with the new blessing :P)

Hopefully Brave Reinhardt with lunge is enough to screw over some teams.

Also fuck me if I get more Ophelia merges and need to unlock that team...

Edit: Side note, I don't like the addition of defense rewards. This is whale gacha bullshit and this is coming from a whale :P I'd maybe have less of an issue with it if there flat out weren't AR blessings and Mythic heroes meaning you need to whale for the mythics to score the best (and again, I have a +10 Duma and Yune, because I am dumb, but it still bothers me).

The one saving grace might be finding more teams that are like, 5 Dumas or 5 Yunes from the mega whales... hahaha... but ultimately it will probably just make people try harder at defense :/

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I hadn't heard about the defense thing. They base it on the three defenses with the highest lift loss? That is absurdly cruel. I doubt I'd have ever scored a point in my life by that metric. Why even try? Even the best defense is going to get countered sometimes, and I can't do anything close to "best" (I don't even own an Ophelia).

• Options
    You can try hardest by purchasing a ton of defense legendaries, guaranteed to lower maximum lift loss!

Maybe someone wasn't hitting their income quota for the month and was casting about for ways to increase AR monetization.

I remember people used to make a big deal about how much the game was pulling in each month, but I haven't seen it in a while. Wonder if 2019 has been declining.

• Options
    I switched my defense to a rally trap a couple seasons ago and it's been remarkably effective for such a predictable setup—I was getting strings of successes with 4 or 5 foes defeated all last season, and I still ended up losing -80 like three times. There's no control over whether someone can beat you when when you're protected from loss by a prior victory vs docks you 80 points for a fresh loss, so it all feels pretty irrelevant, and this scoring system isn't going to convince me to try any more. Should be based on the ratio, not just three worst losses all season.

Whatever though, it's probably just feathers, in which case who cares.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So uh, how do you defence (or really, AR in general) without having silly amounts of dumas/yunes/whatevers

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Spoit wrote: »
    So uh, how do you defence (or really, AR in general) without having silly amounts of dumas/yunes/whatevers

Have similarly broken units like Ophelia, L!Alm, etc and then play dancer/WoM shenanigans. AKA FU F2P basically...

Seriously, it's amazing to me how they turned maybe one of the most praised modes in the game to one of the most hated so quickly... (mostly with the addition of Mythic Heroes)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Well I'm no expert, but here's what I've had success with lately (again, surprisingly given how common rally traps are):
    LrWaSnq.jpg
    Kagero has her refine so she takes half damage from the counter and if her attack is higher than the enemy's, she gets +4 atk/spd. She also has vantage and brazen atk/spd in case ranged units try to finish her afterwards. Sometimes people will put a high DEF unit down in the first threatened square to tank her, but then Ophelia teleports next to Kagero via Azura's guidance, rallies everyone nearby +6 atk, then gets danced by Azura which gives her the movement to hit that threatened square, so it can get hit by 68 atk Kagero or more often 61 atk Ophelia with her special.

Myrrh has harsh command to stop Kagero from getting Aversa'd or panicked, and Ophelia is immune to Aversa by virtue of being alone and even if she was panicked her first action is to rally so it doesn't matter. If Ophelia ends up attacking, then bonus Azura can tele below Kagero because of aerobatics and dance Ophelia again to wipe out another unit.

If they survive the strikers, they still gotta deal with Myrrh.

I got lucky getting second LAzura, but she's not very important in this setup—any dancer with aerobatics seal could provide her usual contribution. I might try replacing her with Reinhardt, then give Kagero a rally in the hopes of people trying to bait Reinhard at the furthest range with a high RES unit and instead having Kagero rally him then get Azura'd and take the attack instead. Also my Ophelia has a bad IV but it doesn't matter because her turn 1 special is so stupid.

Anyway the defenses mostly looked like this, though there were still like three -80s on top of that -20.

0OIP7Sq.jpg

Having a couple narrow-laned cavalry units with firesweep weapons and lunge backed up by strikers has been pretty savage, in my experience vs other people's defenses. Also galeforce shenanigans or unexpected movement (LAzura move buff, aerobatics, wings of mercy, flier formation, etc.) or anything that people might not notice and lets your team get a couple surprise actions are pretty effective. Also, a lot of people miss vantage—before I pulled Ophelia like a month ago, I used vantage Lilina or vantage close-counter Micaiah in range of the bolt trap, and people walked into that one pretty often.

Since hitting tier 21 I've stopped caring about attacking, so most of the time I just throw Myrrh up there and see how she does. The tiers are so small after 21 that it doesn't require much attention to maintain or hit 22 or 23, but it's also not that compelling since the reward steps are equally small, so mostly I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it anymore and it's just another weekly checkbox.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    In Astra season I made the a beast defense team I've covered for so long. Yes my Tibarn is -Atk, but that makes it more likely he won't kill his first target and get to galeforce! I have my +9 Naesala in there, both bird dancers, and some cats too.

If by some crazy luck I free summon a blue bow Lyn, her sturdy impact is going straight to Naesala. I think he would be an absolute terror with that, but I'd never fodder a Tibarn to him (well maybe my 12th).

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Acheron wrote: »
    In Astra season I made the a beast defense team I've covered for so long. Yes my Tibarn is -Atk, but that makes it more likely he won't kill his first target and get to galeforce! I have my +9 Naesala in there, both bird dancers, and some cats too.

If by some crazy luck I free summon a blue bow Lyn, her sturdy impact is going straight to Naesala. I think he would be an absolute terror with that, but I'd never fodder a Tibarn to him (well maybe my 12th).

Naesala is a monster at high merges, this is a fact. This would not be a bad call at all.

Currently my grails are going towards trying to work on this for AR offense:

Even with a couple merges so far she's pretty decent at tanking damage. She just hits like a wet noodle ATM. Need to get way more merges in.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    A few concepts that seem to have potential, in no particular order:

-Ophelia. Just, like, in general.
    -A million +10 dragon armors that they can't kill in 7 turns GOD I HATE IT SO MUCH
    -A firesweep cavalry what swaps you onto a lightning trap and into range of bad times
    -Mass cavalry in a very open map, so that a danced unit can reach basically anywhere (these are rare but I tend to lose to them)
    -Rally into Legendary Azura dance into rushing in with more range than they think you have
    -Healer with Restore to make your army wake up before they're in position
    -Janky builds that they don't think to look for (I got sliced to ribbons by a Pass team once, of all things)
    -Lots of hard-to-predict mobility (mass Aerobatics, Wings of Mercy, etc)
    -Put your fake lightning trap in a smart place and your real one in a stupid place and hope they step on it

Above all, what you want to do is overlap threat ranges and use obstacles to tightly control where they can reasonably stand to wake up your army. Funnel the average enemy phase player into one or two particular tiles and then set up your turn order really carefully to make sure that dancers dance the right people at the right time and whatnot.

But really, while a lot of these tricks can earn you the occasional bloodbath from an unwary attacker, I don't know of anything that works so consistently that you aren't basically guaranteed to eat a bunch of shutouts.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    There's not much more satisfying than fighting an AR defense team that set up Eliwood to give Bonus Doubler to four strikers with the same attack, and then render them all useless after Aversa's Night fires.

Aversa has to be the most valuable free unit, this panic effect is ridiculously good.

E: Also, I just ran through all the chain challenges I had been neglecting because my initial team hadn't worked and racked up like 100 orbs, all thanks to the unstoppable power of Nino + dancers. The only unit that could really withstand her was Caineghis, and after the savage blows against all his allies took their toll, he too fell to the murderous child.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    New Calendar is out
    rmvmbwsv2kic.png

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Presumably the summer part 2 revival banners are a given and were not included to reduce clutter.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Where's the three houses banner? 7/22?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Where's the three houses banner? 7/22?

Presumably yes

• Options
    The AR defense rewards are pitiful. 24 dragon flowers for the top tier if you get 100 lift loss or less in your worst 3 losses.

A couple tiers lower and it's like 18 dragon flowers. Yawn. Certainly not worth getting worked up over one way or the other.

• Options
    Acheron wrote: »
    The AR defense rewards are pitiful. 24 dragon flowers for the top tier if you get 100 lift loss or less in your worst 3 losses.

A couple tiers lower and it's like 18 dragon flowers. Yawn. Certainly not worth getting worked up over one way or the other.

Honestly I'd rather they be underwhelming so I can not care about how bullshit it is :P

• Options
    Hilariously, I have somehow managed to lose zero lift so far this week. Just a basic rally trap Ophelia, Naesala, Hrid, LAzura and Yune. My week on offense has been so bad that my rank sucks, but I'll get those flowers!

• Options
    Man, coming up on the new banner soon. I assume it's Three Houses but I guess it doesn't have to be.... (though it seems odd to change it from beginning of the month to end of the month unlike literally every other non-seasonal these days if they weren't trying to put it close to Three Houses's release date...).

Assuming it is Three Houses, I'm curious what route they will go. I remember with Echoes they did two banners - one for Alm and one for Celica (and then a rando third one later with only like half new characters), but that was the first year when the banners were the wild wild west still (also heroes still got demoted :P). My personal guess is we'll get one that has: Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, and Male Byleth (they did say you'd be able to summon him, the free one isn't the "only" way you can get him). This works extremely well with their color balancing since Edelgard prefers axes (green), Dimitri prefers lances (blue), Claude uses a bow (colorless) and of course Byleth has a sword (red).

• Options
    edited July 2019
    https://youtu.be/9532VbRtqnc

Ahh, so they did female Byleth instead. Trying to thwart my prediction :p

Also GHB against Kronya whoever the heck that is.. Haha

Edit: Ohhh she's creepy evil girl
    https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Kronya

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Well, Byleth looks busted, sign me up.

s7Imn5J.png