As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Advice for prebuilt desktop (Aus)

NyogthaNyogtha Registered User regular
Hi, I need to get a new Desktop and now having graduated with a shiny new job, can afford to get one. However I do not want to build my own, would all you fine peoples to be able to recommend a store for pre-built desktops for Australia? I am not sure whom are the reliable ones (how does Alienware, Scorptech, pccg compare?). By budget is 5k (AUD). Are new tech/cards about to come out should I wait or ?

Thanks for your helps

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular

Do you have local computer parts stores there? Some places will actually build a system for you for a fee. Those often times will still end up being cheaper than buying a prebuilt.

Otherwise, honestly all of the "big name" gaming brands are fine. Just price compare to make sure you're getting the best deal.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • NyogthaNyogtha Registered User regular
    There are a few local parts stores around, however a lot of them have had problems with switching out components for cheaper versions and charging full amount :( thus looking for other options. Thanks for the advice Wunderbar

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    I believe Maingear ships internationally and while you may pay a bit more with a pre-built and probably a crap tonne shipping to AUS they put together good machines.

Start with their "Vybe" (Isn't this a sex toy?) system and go for the 3600x machine and upgrade what you want until you get to your budget.
    5K AUD is a LOT of money for a PC so you could even go for a 9900k.

https://www.maingear.com/custom/desktops/vybe/index.php#pre

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    maybe look at what they have on mwave? pretty sure they both sell pre-specced prebuilts and also will assemble a set of components you picked out yourself for an added assembly fee.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Do you know of any Aussie tech YTers? There's a good chance they would have info on prebuilts (it may be dated for specific systems, but they should give you recommended brands). The only one I know of is TechYESCity, and he tends to focus on used parts. There's a smattering of gear reviews and such, so he may be a good place to start (or reach out to him and see what he says?).

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Tech Yes City guy does focus on used parts but he treats them to some TYC lovin' :)
    I wouldn't hesitate to get a decent used system from him.

• NyogthaNyogtha Registered User regular
    Hi Adirhol/evilbob thanks for the help :D, I will have a look into TechYesCity and what he suggests thanks very much!