As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Azur Lane] Access Mode: GRIDMAN UNIVERSE Rerun!

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Got the event ships, need to do 40 more D2 clears to get enough points for the shop stuff I want, hopefully I get enough DD gun BPs from that so so I don't have to do any extra farming even if it is nice for PR exp.

steam_sig.png
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Awoo! I'm free from the Poi Mines!

Next stop: 7-3 Hard and Isuzu I guess...?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Recent news:

- New Sakura subs on the way: I-168, I-25, I-56, U-101 and U-522, to be available in Construction for a limited time.
    - Next new event is Eagle Union-themed.
    - New Enty and Cleve skins soon, EN first.
    - Also have an Enterprise music video.
    - Avrora coming with EN 1-year anniversary.
    - No plans yet for other Northern ships, nor for Yamato or Musashi.
    - Lips are sealed on Sardegna. Commence speculation!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited July 2019
    qxh3ocnmrzqc.png

Submarine Mechanics Patch!

- "Transport Raid" missions. Twice per week, basically an expanded version of the U-556 minigame.
    - Sub hunting ranges can now be manually adjusted (with a fuel cost). Sub fleets can be moved manually as well.
    - Limited Construction with the new subs. SR U-101 and I-168, Elite U-552, I-25 and I-56.
    - "Cyberspace" dorm set.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Well after 88k oil since the started I got 15 gold DD blueprints to drop. I also got 118 purple blueprints, got my commander level from 94 to almost 96, finished the exp grind for Roon who I started a couple days before the event, and my last PR ship Ibuki is already a little over 1/5 done with her exp grind.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2019
    My building luck has been awful this event. At least 3-pulls each night plus around three or four 10-pulls and still no Surcouf or Massachusetts.

That said, I haven't engaged much with the event on the whole - I've barely done the hardmode battles and I'm running out of dock space (Chapter 10 is a jerk and I've no money to spare for gems).

...Oh, patchnotes.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    This is a dumb question, but are any of the super-rare weapon plans from the Iris event currency store worth getting? I went ahead and got the SR-ranked ship because, well, that seemed obvious even if I wasn't particularly aspiring to collect her.

Synthesis wrote: »
    This is a dumb question, but are any of the super-rare weapon plans from the Iris event currency store worth getting? I went ahead and got the SR-ranked ship because, well, that seemed obvious even if I wasn't particularly aspiring to collect her.

The DD gun is definitely worth it. Seems to surpass the Twin Mk12 as best-in-slot for general use. The fifteen BPs you can get from the shop are exactly enough to build one gun and you can farm more from D2.

The BB gun's awesome for Jean Bart and bottom tier for just about everyone else.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    My building luck has been awful this event. At least 3-pulls each night plus around three or four 10-pulls and still no Surcouf or Massachusetts.

That said, I haven't engaged much with the event on the whole - I've barely done the hardmode battles and I'm running out of dock space (Chapter 10 is a jerk and I've no money to spare for gems).

...Oh, patchnotes.

I actually had to break down on this event and spend money for more dock space. I was at 250 and it just wasn't enough. I was pretty lucky with the event ships. I finally got Dunkerque a day or 2 after posting she was the only one I was missing. Once I got her, I just went back to doing Light 3-pulls for the currency. I also was kind of lax on the event stages with no motivation, but I did finally finishing clearing D3 today. I think I'm evented out at the moment.

I just get the 30 sub 500 gems, 30k gold, 6k oil, and 30 cubes for $8 minus whatever is on my account from doing Google Surveys is a really good deal. Plus the resources get sent to your mailbox so you can just ignore them and collect when a new limited construction event starts and have like 15k oil and 100k gold.

steam_sig.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    *sits upright in bed*

There should be a Azur Lane autochess.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    PMAvers wrote: »
    *sits upright in bed*

There should be a Azur Lane autochess.

Fund it!

Also: two Dunkerque (back-to-back!) and a Forbin in this last 10-pull. Also a Hood in both this and the last. I've failed to muster the enthusiasm required to push towards D3 so I think I'm done until the rerun.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    First time I didn’t get all the ships in the event build queue, no Jean Bart or Massachusetts

Not getting Massachusetts is whatever but missing out on Jean Bart is a bummer, she has unique mechanics for a battleship

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg

The DD gun is definitely worth it. Seems to surpass the Twin Mk12 as best-in-slot for general use. The fifteen BPs you can get from the shop are exactly enough to build one gun and you can farm more from D2.

The BB gun's awesome for Jean Bart and bottom tier for just about everyone else.

OK, thanks. I'm pretty sure I can afford one, but not the other. And I don't have Jean Bart so....

Reading up on the subreddit, apparently even the purple DD gun surpasses the gold Twin Mk12. Waiting warmly for Iris tech boxes.

Oh, and speaking of top-tier: London retro.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited July 2019
    Tonight's patchnotes.

- London retro for EN
    - Event quest for I-58's "Wallflower in the Corner" skin
    - Skins for I-25, I-168 and U-101
    - End of availability for Iris and PR skins

Oh, and prepare for enemy subs in the next big event. Hope you're doing your SOS Signals and Supply Line Disruption weeklies!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Reading up on the subreddit, apparently even the purple DD gun surpasses the gold Twin Mk12. Waiting warmly for Iris tech boxes.

Oh, and speaking of top-tier: London retro.

"Do you like smug EGL? Because we got smug EGL boats."

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing the EN 1 year anniversary event is coming up soon? Wikipedia says it launched 8/23/18. Gotta get Taihou.

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2019

Big stream this morning. The subreddit thread has images of the new ships San Juan, Birmingham (plus skin) and Baltimore (plus skin) as well as a silhouette teaser for what people think is New Jersey.

Also a new key visual for the anime and dates for more image songs.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Patchnotes.

- Approaching Storm and Midsummer Sagittarius events.
    - Centaur permanently added to Special Construction with a Rate Up during Midsummer Sagittarius. Skin also permanent, on 10% discount during event. Secretary quest.
    - Urakaze and Isokaze, former login rewards, being permanently added to Light Construction.
    - CVLs, BMs and Vestal being removed from Light Construction.
    - Sandy, Cleveland and Helena being removed from Heavy Construction.
    - Above plus Exeter and York removed from Special Construction.
    - Whoops! How'd Yuubari get in there? (because these are copypasted from JP patchnotes, that's how)
    - Submarine Limited Construction ends today. I-25, I-168 and U-522 skins leaving the shop.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List

- Restless Dreams event. Once-per-day SP stage for bonus points, leaderboard EX stage and a "lucky chance" bonus mission?
    - Sims retro, Cavalla secretary quest and Super Heavy Shell entering Core Data exchange after refresh.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    out of that preview image it looks like Ep. 2 is Taihou anniversary skin and Ep. 4 is San Diego retrofit

I don't recognize Eps 1 and 3 though. maybe new skins?

I'm easily confused and stupid: are you supposed to complete the Enterprise-centric event multiple times? Or just the one time to get the unique auxiliary item, and that's it?

Really, 3 special builds in a row?

I spent most of my cubes on the new subs, then the rest trying to get Centaur (which I was unsuccessful with), and now this one. I have 1 cube currently.

edited July 2019

I spent most of my cubes on the new subs, then the rest trying to get Centaur (which I was unsuccessful with), and now this one. I have 1 cube currently.

...I hope you know that Centaur is staying in the Special pool permanently.
    I'm easily confused and stupid: are you supposed to complete the Enterprise-centric event multiple times? Or just the one time to get the unique auxiliary item, and that's it?

Just once for the item, I think? I'll have to log in and see what's going on.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List

...I hope you know that Centaur is staying in the Special pool permanently.

Well I do now

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Got Baltimore, 3 Alabamas, 2 Birminghams in 60 builds

no Aylwin

?????

edited August 2019
    20 rolls. One Birmingham.

Rate Up is a lie.

EDIT: Also, this is a helluva event. I hear the translation quality's not as good (I already noticed the patchnotes list a completely different name for the event) but I do tend to enjoy shakeups of normal gameplay.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    This is a pretty cool event but the fast forward option is by far the best part of this patch.

steam_sig.png
    Aw man, I think they may have patched the <X Deployed retreat trick. I just tried it on A2 and it didn't register. Not a big deal for that map, but it will suck for the harder ones later.

Aw man, I think they may have patched the <X Deployed retreat trick. I just tried it on A2 and it didn't register. Not a big deal for that map, but it will suck for the harder ones later.

Yep, tried it myself and it's gotta be from the start. I'm currently just omitting one fleet from the Easy stages but I might shrink them down to 2:1 fleets, if not 3:2s or 2:3s and omit my submarine fleet.

Also: August login reward is Michishio.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    I'm guessing the EN 1 year anniversary event is coming up soon? Wikipedia says it launched 8/23/18. Gotta get Taihou.

Yeah, I have way too many Sakura Empire planes not to have at least a second full-sized Sakura carrier.

I think I'm up to 70, 80 cubes in draws. One Alabama, two Birmingham... and three Warspite.

...Obviously the Desire Sensor senses I want Warspite Retro.

Also, Nurse Vampire event is coming along with another Saratoga skin.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Finally pulled my Baltimore, gacha hell has been left behind. Come home soon Aylwin!

WWF Saratoga event has been announced for JP, looks like they're getting the skin as an event reward rather than a purchase with proceeds going to the charity.

Finally, we're getting Jupiter delivered after the next maint.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • kamisamakamisama Registered User new member
    Had enough coins and cubes for twenty-one more rolls.

No Washington. :(

Man, I must be crazy lucky so far. I've been reading a lot of people complain about spending a ridiculous amount of cubes and not getting all of the event ships, but I got all of them from the previous 2 events, even having just started playing the game during the first and not having many cubes or coins at all, and all of them from this event without barely trying. Maybe that's the secret. ;) I've been doing only 3 builds per day most days, but would do a few more if I was full on money, and I still have 47 cubes. It makes me worry that my luck is going to run out soon and I won't be able to get them.

Fake edit: Actually, remembering back, I didn't get all of them for the first event I did. I got Prince of Wales and Vampire, but not Atago, but I barely did any building on that one.

How do i clear A1 Fierce Battle. I am unsure as to how to do the greater than or equal to 10 star.

edited August 2019
    kamisama wrote: »
    Had enough coins and cubes for twenty-one more rolls.

No Washington. :(

Man, I must be crazy lucky so far. I've been reading a lot of people complain about spending a ridiculous amount of cubes and not getting all of the event ships, but I got all of them from the previous 2 events, even having just started playing the game during the first and not having many cubes or coins at all, and all of them from this event without barely trying. Maybe that's the secret. ;) I've been doing only 3 builds per day most days, but would do a few more if I was full on money, and I still have 47 cubes. It makes me worry that my luck is going to run out soon and I won't be able to get them.

Fake edit: Actually, remembering back, I didn't get all of them for the first event I did. I got Prince of Wales and Vampire, but not Atago, but I barely did any building on that one.

How do i clear A1 Fierce Battle. I am unsure as to how to do the greater than or equal to 10 star.

It's less than or equal to. You need to have a total of 10 ships or less deployed. I did 2 fleets with 5 ships each.

Sir Carcass on
    Portrait frame for LBing all the event ships is getting extend by a week probably cause people complained about San Juan one of the ships needed and you can't get her till the 9th.

steam_sig.png