As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Indie Games] would be great on Switch!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    How're them ambition stories comin along

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    pffft

more seriously, FL as a whole is kind of on the backburner while Failbetter focuses on Sunless Skies. Can't say I'm too happy about it but they're a small indie studio and Skies is their hottest item right now so I can't begrudge them too much for centering their effort there

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sure, and I spose it doesn't make sense to go "we're not doing these stop asking stop hoping" but man I liked them storylines

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    It's once again election season in Fallen London! They'll be unveiling the candidates over the weekend, and the first is:

Mrs. Plenty runs the Circus in Fallen London and is definitely not a reformed cultist who once looked for the hidden identity of a betrayed spirit of vengeance

You never retire from it. Not really.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sure, and I spose it doesn't make sense to go "we're not doing these stop asking stop hoping" but man I liked them storylines

Aren't you sharing in a unique experience with me that makes ambitions rather impossible?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Oh that character is...well not dead I guess, they're somethin though. I think.

But yes since that whole situation came to a head I just harp on the ambition storylines never getting finished out of principle

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Hobnail

I didn't put any of the real...weird...shit in my journal but spoilers abound in that there. Man the writing was both good and just like laser focused on my personal brains, the Mr. Eaten stuff was just so fantastic.

Hobnail on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't think they have updated my Ambition in 5+ years at this point?

At this point I really just want to finish that because I put so much time into it, and then Seek the Name

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    There is a not small part of me that could really get back into the never ending cycle of "visit the Irrigo cave, go to sea, come back and visit court, trade out a few entire wine cellars, stage a heist, work on my novel, upgrade some item chains, *REPEAT*" while I eke out niche items like searing enigmas, but it's just always in the back of my head that there's a boundary wall to the story that I'm going to find the edge of that just kinda spoils it for me. If there was some more completed work around the ambitions, or maybe even an ending or two that didn't involve watching myself turn into an abomination, I'd be all about it today. I wish there was something along the lines of a "go south" or "go east" quest chain, honestly. But yeah, the new hotness is what seems to be making them money, and I appreciate what they produce too much to hold that against them

mrpaku on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I suppose wanting more plot is what the premium stories are for. I do plan on checking those out some day.

• Options
    'Flint' was fucking great

Worth the price? I shouldn't fuckin think so go buy a book maybe, I dunno

• Options
    I bought a handful and they were pretty good (some better than others)! But if I'm gonna be dropping $20, $60, $100, I'd rather put that money towards real literature or a fully realized and accessible game

• Options
    It had a friend halfway into the game and I wanted them to try Flint so I got the big gift of fake currency for them and it still wasn't enough fake currency for Flint so I said FUCK is what I said

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I literally own all the stories

Some of them several times over because I wanted to see the different endings

I'm a dumbass is my point

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Maybe they'll send you a watch or something

• Options
    Nah I already sent them a book as a christmas gift a few years ago

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    How long are the exceptional stories? $25 for Flint does seem unlikely to be a lot of bang for your buck, but $7 could maybe be worth it.

• Options
    it changes from story to story honestly. I would hazard they average at around 70 actions total each, if you dont repeat actions

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    For twenty five bucks you could buy Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino and lunch

• Options
    I'm super thankful for Indie Winter being able to keep their business model afloat, because I am a *giant* fan of the content. But my own economic situation lets me justify a pretty sparse amount of games at a time, so I have to choose my battles carefully and I just can't go month-to-month, which is kinda their bag. If they ever found a way to say "Here's Fallen London, all of it and you own it forever...say, $200, maybe even $250 for the *ultimate* edition", I would scrimp and save and make it mine

• Options
    I've been an exceptional friend generally any time I've played for any length of time, but I just can't see myself going back until they finish Nemesis up

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Bloodstained lateish game
    Okay this is a really cool implementation of the Inverted Castle concept.

• Options
    The second mayoral candidate has been announced! I wonder if they might be goo-

absolutely not.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Oh Virginia can definitley kiss my ass

I was disappointed when Mr. Slowcake didn't win that guys alright

• Options
    I'm still bitter about the Temperance Campaigner myself

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Spy Party

the mission statement wayforward was founded on is finally fulfilled, shantae is anime now

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I'm not saying that window looks like a smash logo, but it kinda looks like a smash logo.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Don’t worry, several others in the replies are saying it for you!

• Options
    Oh Virginia can definitley kiss my ass

I was disappointed when Mr. Slowcake didn't win that guys alright

All votes should be write-in votes for Mr. Eaten.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    I am pleased to announce I have found my candidate

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    DayZ
    ...it's literally just a fenestrated window

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    that's a very mean thing to call madam shoshana

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    ...it's literally just a fenestrated window

YOU DON'T SEE THE SIGNS
    THE END COMES FOR US ALL

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Spy Party
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yCgDk4SiHk

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/psychonauts-2/updates/938

Psychonauts 2 is being delayed to 2020, still coming to all platforms despite the Microsoft buyout

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I loved 1 a whole bunch (except the meat circus)

we don't really need another in the year of luigi 2020

• Options
    I'm down for more stories in that world with those characters, though

• Options
    Also I'm surprised they didn't just say "Delayed to avoid crunch"

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    Maddoc wrote: »

Given Shaefer's waffling on the question "should your employees unionize?" I'm not surprised.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Given Shaefer's waffling on the question "should your employees unionize?" I'm not surprised.

It just feels like the easy PR thing to do right now

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, this thread was started in October 2017.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    DayZ
    what is the thread years' equivalent to a human lifespan

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
This discussion has been closed.