As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Indie Games] would be great on Switch!

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    what is the thread years' equivalent to a human lifespan

Idk but the mmo subforum would be a retirement home.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The Top Gear thread in D&D lasted 10 years which seems like it must be a record for us

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The current beer thread was made in Oct. 2016.

It just slowly sticks around.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    The G&T City of Heroes thread has been going since 2012, after a temporary lock a couple months ago it's back: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/166278/city-of-heroes-or-villains-or-rogues/p1

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I loved 1 a whole bunch (except the meat circus)

we don't really need another in the year of luigi 2020

I do

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    Spy Party
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    The G&T City of Heroes thread has been going since 2012, after a temporary lock a couple months ago it's back: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/166278/city-of-heroes-or-villains-or-rogues/p1

Heh, I guess the CoH revival is technically an indie game, now that I think about it :rotate:

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    Reminder that Lethal League Blaze is out on consoles and Switch now, and Lethal League Blaze rules

6F32U1X.png
    edited July 2019
    Spy Party
    First footage of River City Girls: (Japanese)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zohNCizbS8

It's really funny hearing the english VA with the Japanese subtitles, for once

Crippl3 on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    It would be like instead of Team Silent making Silent Hill 4, they had outsourced it to David Lynch, and told him to set it in Japan, and I bet it would be phenomenal

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Maybe he could pick up Crane Operator.

steam_sig.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I've only played that at conventions but it's real fun.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I’ve played this exactly one time at an arcade here in Chicago. I was very excited to finally get to play this weird cabinet I’d heard about for so long

Anyway me and four friends waited for our turn and then played two matches and got absolutely stomped within seconds by the opposing team of obvious veterans and then I fucked off to play third strike all night

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

I’ve played this exactly one time at an arcade here in Chicago. I was very excited to finally get to play this weird cabinet I’d heard about for so long

Anyway me and four friends waited for our turn and then played two matches and got absolutely stomped within seconds by the opposing team of obvious veterans and then I fucked off to play third strike all night

Was it Galloping Ghost? Galloping Ghost is fucking amazing.

There's a copy of Killer Queen at the local arcade I'm at. Maybe I should give it a shot.

I ate an engineer
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    Wait Vann Diras you're in Chicago?

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    They have it at Galloping Ghost? I haven’t been in a year or two but I thought Killer Queen was only at more barcade-like places like Emporium

6F32U1X.png
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I didn't see it at Galloping Ghost but that place was huge so I figured it must have had a copy. I also went a couple years back so I dunno if things changed there.

I ate an engineer
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Logan Arcade has a cabinet, and seems to run weekly events which explains the squad of killers we played. The game itself seems really cool, I’m excited for the home version buuuuuuut putting in all those quarters just to get blown away in an instant sure sucked!
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Wait Vann Diras you're in Chicago?

Yep!

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So last night somebody recommended somethin called Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead and man that game is some wild shit
    The game is set in near-future New England after a catastrophic event killed most of the human population and spawned various monsters and hazards. Though the cataclysm is predominantly a zombie apocalypse, many other disastrous events are going on, including invasions from fungi, Triffids, Lovecraftian monsters and caves containing sewer rats and a rat king.

It's like...the adventure mode from Dwarf Fortress? Kinda? Like turn based survival and crafting with a shitzillion recipes and you can alter the world in all sorts of ways and everything fucking kills you dead, it's freeware too, https://cataclysmdda.org/

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Cataclysm is weird as fuck. You can do all kinds of drugs in it, IIRC.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    is it like the adventure mode from dwarf fortress in the sense that it's an open-world roguelike?

BahamutZERO.gif
    Yes sir, with comparably inscrutable controls, shit is crazy

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    When I played Cataclysm last time I did a bunch of cocaine and then drove my car into a building.
    And then in prison I had time to play the game

Always respect a game with a good cannibalism streak

XVCFKDW.png?1

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Is prick pie made with one prick or like, a whole bunch of em'

Is what I'm looking at going to resemble more of a closed meat pie, or is it gonna look kinda like an off-color strawberry until you get too close and realize they aren't strawberries, I guess is what I'm asking

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    "Chili con cabron" got an appreciative snort out of me.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    "Chili con cabron" got an appreciative snort out of me.

So did "dudeluxe sandwich"

JtgVX0H.png
    Jerk Jerky I liked. I wonder if you can get it with jerk seasoning.

steam_sig.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    Tio Taco is a person's name, not a dish! You can't fool me, videogame!

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Star Citizen

Is that the game where you try to get people to climb onto your crane and then drop them from a good great height?

Wasn't that a G&T thing from a long-ass fucking time ago?

Children's rights are human rights.
    edited July 2019
    Elaro wrote: »

Is that the game where you try to get people to climb onto your crane and then drop them from a good great height?

It was, yes. I don't know if that guy was engaging in some light trolling/tomfoolery, or was being sincere about his weird game idea, but he seemed ecstatic to have finally found a forum that ran with it.
    It's still one of my favorite weird forum memories.
    And while it was sort of a joke post, indie games being as diverse and sometimes, non game-like these days, it could maybe even work.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Star Citizen

It was, yes. I don't know if that guy was engaging in some light trolling/tomfoolery, or was being sincere about his weird game idea, but he seemed ecstatic to have finally found a forum that ran with it.

And while it was sort of a joke post, indie games being as diverse and sometimes, non game-like these days, it could maybe even work.

Oh. Rad.

Actually, a video game where you are trying to have a conversation might be more interesting if you have the conversation be like a card game-y type thing? I don't know? Somebody'll have to think about that.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019

Oh. Rad.

Actually, a video game where you are trying to have a conversation might be more interesting if you have the conversation be like a card game-y type thing? I don't know? Somebody'll have to think about that.

That new Klei game is partially this

EDIT: Griftlands, which I thought was in early access but apparently isn't?

Speed Racer on
    Spy Party
    The Good Life has been delayed, this time to Spring 2020. Post on the Kickstarter page has new gameplay footage, graphics comparisons, screenshots, and a lovely writeup about SWERY's trip to Venice: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/476090608/the-good-life/posts/2574682

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Star Citizen

XVCFKDW.png?1

um excuse me pickled punk is listed twice

Oh. Rad.

That new Klei game is partially this

EDIT: Griftlands, which I thought was in early access but apparently isn't?

Wait, I thought it was but it’s just on the Epic Games Store, like Hades?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    Shorty wrote: »

XVCFKDW.png?1

um excuse me pickled punk is listed twice

There's a bunch that are listed multiple times - I think I counted three or four human broths. I assume it's different sets of ingredients that can all lead you to the same end result.

This discussion has been closed.