As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Here's my problem with that suggestion.

Remember in the original Mortal Kombat movie? Where Lui Kang is like "there's something fishy here," and acts all casual, walking around with his arms folded and then BAM! He suddenly grabs the camouflaged Reptile out of the background and flings him into the middle of the room to begin an awesome kung-fu fight?

That was awesome. And it's awesome every time a Hog manages to hook a Sombra out of stealth or a Widow dings one in the head when she was aiming for the Mercy behind or I accidentally yank one off the map with Halt on Orisa.

Those are wonderful moments, and I would not lose them.

When fighting a Sombra, I just kinda' try to always roll as if she's already behind me ready to try for the hack. It tends to work out.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Basically:

Do you see the enemy team?
    Is the Sombra with them?
    Then she's behind you, so be ready

...Or she's off hacking health kits and accomplishing nothing, in which case even better.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    My 100% sincere balance suggestion is: no invisible characters in multiplayer games, ever. If you've already fucked up and created one, the least you can do is make them so bad that nobody picks them unironically

So, uh, TF2 spy wants to have a word with you. At night. In a dark alley.
    Remember that time when for a year you could use Enforcer with Dead Ringer and do 20% more damage literally for free

• Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    My 100% sincere balance suggestion is: no invisible characters in multiplayer games, ever. If you've already fucked up and created one, the least you can do is make them so bad that nobody picks them unironically

So, uh, TF2 spy wants to have a word with you. At night. In a dark alley.
    Remember that time when for a year you could use Enforcer with Dead Ringer and do 20% more damage literally for free

Nope. Because I always used Cloak and Dagger and Ambassador.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Basically they swapped the schedule of summer games and hero 31 to compensate for the delay. Hopefully the delay is one-time technical difficulties and not indicative of an ongoing trend.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    better cheat detection, hallelujah.

• Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I can't even say for sure I've seen a cheater in this game.

I've seen some suspicious Widows. They don't even try to aim, they just drag the cursor in the general direction of people's heads and happen to click at the exact right moment. It seems inhuman.

Then I go on twitch and watch people actually do this in real time like it isn't even a big deal.

And this is when I realize I can't tell the difference between good and cheating. At least not unless they're doing something extremely obvious like teleporting or repeatedly headshotting stealthed Sombras. Which hasn't happened. Yet.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I used to see some cheaters in like the first year or so, before they upgraded their anti cheat, but not much since then.

It seems like it would be especially tough now, with replays letting any other player watch your viewpoint for a full match.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Once I got accused of being a cheater when I was playing Zen, i don't think it even works for non-hitscan characters

That's it, that's my story, thanks for coming to my talk

• Options
  • Options
    PSN Message (months ago):

Enemy Hanzo from Last Game: Aim 2 good

Me: Ty - lots of practice, like 90 sens.
    Me: Gg ^.^

EHFLG: oh really I was surprised to see that you are plat but your aim is really well honestly look kinda fishy aha but guess u just had alot of time to practice, wish I was that good with aim on tracer

Me: Well for the record I'm absolutely useless with Hanzo ^.^ practice practice practice

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Once I got accused of being a cheater when I was playing Zen, i don't think it even works for non-hitscan characters

That's it, that's my story, thanks for coming to my talk

I've been accused of hacking for both Zenyatta and Ana sleep darts. People just like to complain.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Okay so I could've either made it so each and every DUN DUN gets an elim and made the vid half as long, or give some of the clips time to breathe (which I feel clips often appreciate) and include the entire song. I went with Option B. For most of it the elims are tied more to the vocals than the beat, but the big DUN DUNs always come with an alt-fire elim (usually enviro kills).

https://youtu.be/bZU5Ofy-rHM

Chance on
  • Options
    It's actually impossible for NYXL not to throw once the game matters.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    holy shit that is one of the coolest things anyone has ever done for me

dude that was awesome thank you so much

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    fucking love the editing on this Chance

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    holy shit that is one of the coolest things anyone has ever done for me

dude that was awesome thank you so much

fucking love the editing on this Chance

Yeeea I'm so glad you like it! Usually it takes me a long, long time to make a vid (particularly a Clip Show), because a ton of time goes into just going over saved clips and finding things that might work in a vid - but with this it was like being on one of those cooking challenge shows and a cloth is yanked back and the host says "make a thing using only the ingredients on this table!" So it was like a fun puzzle to assemble and try to get workin' ^.^ I was really hyped to do it up last night.

Also the Nepal courtyard where you just go in and pick the Ana, and then the Mercy? And the one on Ilios Ruins where you go up to McCree, dingdingding 3 headshots, go and chase down the Hanzo, head over to your team, do a 180 off the wall and get the Junkrat?

ggcvks600awt.png

Makes me wanna' play some Lucio.

• Options

NYXL only has such a good record because they have the easiest schedule in the league. Calling it now they're going to lose the next playoffs immediately too, bye Nenne

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Really proud of Shanghai with the win, smash goats scum.

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Had two good Potgs the other day with double kills as two different characters.

https://youtu.be/W3MBMZ2TX2U

https://youtu.be/WrCumaPVOrA

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    QoL changes I'd suggest
    Make Sombra's phase out from invis faster, it feels sluggish as fuck
    Make it so Sombra can hack and shoot at the same time. Plenty of heroes do multiple things near simultaneously, DVa especially comes to mind when she can throw up protection and apply damage at the same time and time spent hacking is time just... Not applying what meagre damage Sombra does already
    What kind of depraved perversion could drive you to say something like this

As a Zen main I hate Sombra more than most, but recently I've been putting the time in playing as her and it's just playing the game with a fresh perspective on characters that has me thinking. My observations are also partly to do with the way she just generally feels to play. Breaking invis feels clunky and shitty in a way that reminds me of the launch versions of Harmony/Discord, and making her feel more responsive in these sorts of ways would just make her feel nicer to play. I can say that as a Zen those sorts of changes really wouldn't change how fast a Sombra could delete me all that much.

Also I actually agree with making hack a directed aim skill. At lower levels of play it would probably suffer against smaller dive heroes like Genji and Tracer but I'd take that over having to waste multiple whole seconds attempting to fucking fumble past 4 confusing lock targets to get through to a Rein shield, by which point the entire team knows a Sombra is behind them trying to start shit.

She just feels crude to play as on various levels

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Man I'm going to have to watch the replay of the Spark Valiant game of Rascal, dude is a Baptiste god

Coinage on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    A good Nanaimo bar is heavenly.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    A good Nanaimo bar is heavenly.

They're alright! I prefer a good butter tart.

Like, an actual butter tart.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    I'm like halfway through but I'm loving this:

https://youtu.be/o9HZ4ecw-yw

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I like how the sprays stacked up
    c09j1ycwhc5x.jpg
    I have no idea how I even got it
    jnzbz8ypzxq0.jpg

• Options
    My first experiment with the replay system :)

https://youtu.be/bZ3nO2WPkuM

• Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    #8 Dragons currently mowing down the #2 Titans

madparrot on
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Dragons v titans
    I am absolutely shocked that Titans pulled this back using a 4-2 tank support composition

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Dragons v titans
    I am absolutely shocked that Titans pulled this back using a 4-2 tank support composition

Don't knock Slambulance!
    One key part of that is that Twilight on Ana was getting abused by Dding on the Pharah. Moira is much more survivable than Ana, especially in quad tank.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    did the titans seriously c9 twice in that series?

• Options
    madparrot wrote: »
    did the titans seriously c9 twice in that series?
    C9 dragon must be sated

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    A night of constant Doomfist cuntery and people just handicapping the team by not being in comms

Must be a Sunday

• Options
    I had an okay night of Overwatch, but the very last game of the night - we're up way too late, we're not playin' great - we're defending on Gibraltar Versus a platinum-portrait Roadhog who does not miss hooks, and never fails to completely destroy me when he hooks me. I think I was able to recall after a hook once.

And every time he does? Teabags me. Any time anyone else on his team kills me, Hog waddles over and teabags me.

I have no idea what I've done to deserve this.

We lose, but we really make 'em work for it and I get some excellent picks on the supports where I managed to blink in and wtfpwn them with a perfect half-second of shots to the head. But again, it's way too late, I'm tired, I'm playin' poorly.

Okay, well, that was the last one so "good games, good night," time to crash. But just before I do log off, this Hog sends me a message to let me know that I am specifically bad at playing my main.

That player puts a lot of energy - during the game, after the game - into being pretty fucking rude.

Ugh. Idk what else to say. Fuck that Hog.

When I really own a specific player, if I send 'em anything, it's an honest gg.

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

My disappointment in that Mei trying to freeze instead of going for headshots knows no bounds.

Is it asking too much for console? Maybe. Still, very disappointed though.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »

My disappointment in that Mei trying to freeze instead of going for headshots knows no bounds.

Is it asking too much for console? Maybe. Still, very disappointed though.

Well in her defense she tried several icicles - actually got me to half with one - and if my teammate hadn't bodied her hard she woulda' froze me and won.

And lots of console Meis go for the headshots V Tracers. I sure do ^.^

Edit: oh you mean when I was laying in wait for the Zarya by the doorway to the small health pack?

Yeah that was an error on Mei's part lol. Sitting duck.

Chance on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Now Chance you make playing tracer look fun and easy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raU_njLxqXg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrsCIroqNt8
    Why is it most of the time I can do that to roadhog?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2DdQsEELlY

This was just brutal as I got a team kill nearly by myself
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEffrHgNwow

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Now Chance you make playing tracer look fun and easy

It is fun ^.^

This discussion has been closed.