As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Legend of Zelda] Breath of the Wild sequel in development!

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    It is pretty close to the house you can buy. There is a kid who appears near the gate during the day who says he found something interesting and will lead you directly to it as well.

NNID: Rehab0
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I never did find that statue in my playthrough.

Your Adventurer's license has been revoked due to the 'Not looking in every nook and cranny' clause. Please turn in your badge at the counter. You can file for an 'IDGAF about finding everything' permit in the 'Filthy Casual <3' corner of your nearest Shrine. Please Understand <3.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Hey, I watched this today. It was pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/Vgev9Gzybk8

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I never did find that statue in my playthrough.

Your Adventurer's license has been revoked due to the 'Not looking in every nook and cranny' clause. Please turn in your badge at the counter. You can file for an 'IDGAF about finding everything' permit in the 'Filthy Casual <3' corner of your nearest Shrine. Please Understand <3.

Eventually I'll buy it for the Switch and replay it and I'll make sure to correct this error.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I really like Wind Waker's art style and this is a big part of why.

• KaruwenKaruwen Registered User regular
    I bought BotW in December when we got our Switch. For some reason it didn't really click with me at the time, so I put it away. I decided to give it a second chance two days ago, and I've played at every opportunity since. I'm not sure what is different for me this time, but I'm loving every minute now. I've beaten two Divine Beasts, and just enjoying exploring a bunch. What a game.

My favourite Zelda growing up was Link's Awakening, and I guess I was expecting something more like that when I first picked up BotW. I never owned a N64, Gamecube or Wii, so I've missed out on some of the more open Zeldas I guess. I think I was expecting more of a narrated experience at first, and found that off-putting or intimidating. Now that I've gotten past that this game is just a gem. Haven't felt this excited by a game in a long time!

Steam, Xbox Live & PSN : Karuwen
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I've never really though of the 3D Zeldas (basically all the ones you missed) as especially open (besides Majoras Mask). I know speedrunners have found enough glitches that you can go wherever you want and walls and oceans present no barrier, but the intended route is pretty clear.

I've thought of the 2D ones (Lttp and LA, the only 2D ones I've completed) as the more open ones, though nothing like as much as BotW.

If you're actually looking for a more narrated Zelda, I'd try to look up the ones you missed.

(Or wait for the Switch ports which they really should have announced by now. Do Nintendo not want me to buy Oot, MM, TP and Wind Waker for the third time?)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Karuwen wrote: »
    I bought BotW in December when we got our Switch. For some reason it didn't really click with me at the time, so I put it away. I decided to give it a second chance two days ago, and I've played at every opportunity since. I'm not sure what is different for me this time, but I'm loving every minute now. I've beaten two Divine Beasts, and just enjoying exploring a bunch. What a game.

My favourite Zelda growing up was Link's Awakening, and I guess I was expecting something more like that when I first picked up BotW. I never owned a N64, Gamecube or Wii, so I've missed out on some of the more open Zeldas I guess. I think I was expecting more of a narrated experience at first, and found that off-putting or intimidating. Now that I've gotten past that this game is just a gem. Haven't felt this excited by a game in a long time!
    Oh wow, I can't imagine what the leap must feel like if you went from the top-down old Zelda games to BotW. Kinda jealous in a way to not that have perspective.

In a general sense RE: buying a game and not really getting to it for a while, I've definitely done that a few times.

• KaruwenKaruwen Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    klemming wrote: »
    I've never really though of the 3D Zeldas (basically all the ones you missed) as especially open (besides Majoras Mask). I know speedrunners have found enough glitches that you can go wherever you want and walls and oceans present no barrier, but the intended route is pretty clear.

I've thought of the 2D ones (Lttp and LA, the only 2D ones I've completed) as the more open ones, though nothing like as much as BotW.

If you're actually looking for a more narrated Zelda, I'd try to look up the ones you missed.

(Or wait for the Switch ports which they really should have announced by now. Do Nintendo not want me to buy Oot, MM, TP and Wind Waker for the third time?)

Thanks for the clarification. I never really played those Zeldas, they just struck me as being more open, probably because of the 3D world. I might go back and check them out, I do enjoy these types of games.

I think one of the reasons I bounced off BotW at first is open world fatigue. Just feeling a bit over the whole concept of a map littered with icons, and sometimes those maps intimidate me a bit. BotW feels refreshing in this regard, it seems more open to let you explore, instead of guiding you through with waypoints to everything, ala Ubisoft.
    Henroid wrote: »
    Karuwen wrote: »

Oh wow, I can't imagine what the leap must feel like if you went from the top-down old Zelda games to BotW. Kinda jealous in a way to not that have perspective.

In a general sense RE: buying a game and not really getting to it for a while, I've definitely done that a few times.

Yeah, it is pretty cool to experience. In a way it kind of feels like reliving a part of my childhood.

Karuwen on
    Steam, Xbox Live & PSN : Karuwen
  • Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular

OoT is about as open as ALttP all things considered, but it exists within the illusion of a railroaded narrative experience by Navi. It's a big reason everyone hated her, because if not for her hints that constantly irritated you if you didn't "LISTEN," players' first runthroughs might have played out very differently for all the things you can do "out of order."

• Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    There's always the Randomizer if you fancy non linear OOT.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    This is a surprisingly convincing argument:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2DMiZ1e574

(also he finally admitted his last timeline placement theory was full of shit basically :P There's sooooooo much more Twilight Princess stuff in the game)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I mean I like the timeline discussion because it's interesting to talk about, but it's clear Nintendo really never put any thought into the timeline until it was convenient to do so.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I'll support that theory and request it become canonical.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I'll support that theory and request it become canonical.

I honestly never understood why they wouldn't allow Warriors to be canon. I mean, they let the shit Capcom made be canon so it's not like it's just because another team did the game.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I still want a "Crisis on Infinite Hyrule's" type of story involving all the different Link's coming together. Hyrule Warriors might be the closest we get though.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Maybe they can do a game where Ganos gathers all the triforces from different universes and does a snap.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Maybe they can do a game where Thanondorf gathers all the triforces from different universes and does a snap.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    A classmate of mine from college does “demakes” of modern games into a 32-bit PS1/N64 look. He has built up quite a collection and just recently started working on recreating the BotW2 trailer. Check it out:

qvhbon3ljjo5.jpeg

I’m quite excited to see this thing fully animated, assuming he goes that far with it. Got shared on Zelda Universe which got him a huge bump in traffic. Check out his other stuff, it’s quite fun!

https://the-regressor.tumblr.com/

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • zipidideezipididee Registered User regular
    I'm actually excited for all the BOTW clones that are now starting to appear. Bring on Genshin Impact, Decay of Logos, and whatever else brings me my next fix while I wait for BOTW2.

*ching ching* Just my two cents
  • Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    When does Decay of Logos come out again?

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    tumblr_pvkzc4l9ae1rqz5qko7_r1_1280.png

Yo this rules???

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    This is pretty amazing.

https://youtu.be/tIgkwwujFdU

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    Ok this one's great, too.

Same dude.

https://youtu.be/Ib4WOtVhtNs

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Do you have a very specific fetish? If so, then I've got the tweet for you:

• Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Do you have a very specific fetish? If so, then I've got the tweet for you:

I can't say spanking a Lizolfos with a deku leaf has ever been my jam, but that's hilarious.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    OK, but what if you are dressed as a Lizalfos while doing this? Does that make it more enticing?

edited August 2019
    The other Lizalfos would have to be a sexy Lizalfos, maybe dressed like a nurse or a librarian. I have standards man...

Ear3nd1l on
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83b-j9RVSps
    I'm going to have to break BotW out again just to try this.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    Yeah I'm def booting it up tonight!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83b-j9RVSps
    I'm going to have to break BotW out again just to try this.

What the hell.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    It's more ethical than bomb fishing, I'll give it that.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I never knew they were coded to run away from sound!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Brings to mind the Sesame Street "here, fishy fishy fishy!" skit, only inverted.

So I logged back into botw to test the fish.

It works!

Then I started the sword trial, which i never finished before.

I finally beat it!!
    Then saw that it was just the first part... -_-'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    10 more days!

NNID: Rehab0
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Commercial with lyrics for Ballad of the Windfish. Hype.
    https://youtu.be/72iBRvJJFRc

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    This supposedly has "massive frame rate problems", but a video of the gameplay I watched showed it only dropping from 60 to between 60 and 30, and that doesn't say "massive frame rate problems" to me.

When I think frame rate issues, i think stuttering around at a very unpleasant below 20 FPS

This discussion has been closed.