As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What's squishy, stretchy and transforms almost anything? ITS [Love]

JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
Floam Love. It's fun you can feel!

Anyway this is the Love thread where we talk about food and movies and Sonic the Hedgehog and England and food and sometimes someone will go on a date.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Is this the tentacle ero thread?

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Bought a new suit for a wedding next weekend and I felt rather handsome trying it on

Suits do at least have that going for them

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Is this the tentacle ero thread?

It swings
    It jives
    It shakes all over like a jelly fish

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Consentacles only, please.

sig.gif
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh, is this about the second clown movie, its?

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    Oh, is this about the second clown movie, its?

Its tentacles

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Wow, lotta people in the 40s hooked up with their family members

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Basically what I'm seeing here is people have way smaller social circles, if any at all and spend all their time online.

What a bunch of dweebs. What a bunch mooks what a b- wait a minute

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I’m surprised that the percentage meeting at a bar or restaurant has also gone up!

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    They’ve got free WiFi.

Endless_Serpents on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Janson wrote: »
    I’m surprised that the percentage meeting at a bar or restaurant has also gone up!

Those are all the people whose internet dates stood them up, and who struck up a conversation with another person in the bar or restaurant whose internet date also stood them up.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Does meeting someone at a bar via Tinder count as online or at the bar?

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Does meeting someone at a bar via Tinder count as online or at the bar?

it only counts as at the bar if you were both already at the same bar when you matched

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I have at least once matched with someone who recognized me from bar trivia I have no idea how that would count.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Does meeting at an Olive Garden count as meeting someone through family?

What's really interesting to me is how small meeting through college seems to have always been

edited July 2019
    I noticed that too. My theory is that college students are disproportionately likely to also be users of online dating services, so they're less likely to hook up with proximate classmates.

Edit: whoops, misread what you actually wrote. In that case, I can only suggest that desirable partners don't make passes at folks who wear glasses.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Online dating is such a weird concept to me. I'd much rather meet people in person naturally, but then I guess at least you can read a bit about the person beforehand online, which can be telling.

My online dating has really gone downhill with the decline of Second Life.

edited July 2019
    Online dating is such a weird concept to me. I'd much rather meet people in person naturally, but then I guess at least you can read a bit about the person beforehand online, which can be telling.

Listen, if you're saying that you're not a small dog in giant sunglasses, that suggests that people think I'm not a chiseled and begoggled Elektrician, and I'm not sure I'm okay with that.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    Hello, as some of you may know, there is a new store in town called the Potporium and I would like to petition the town council to force it to change its name.

I went in thinking that it would be a store selling lovely perfumey bundles of flower petals and instead it was just full of dank weeds.

• BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    I'm pretty in love, I guess. He just came in the room to do a weird dance and then hit me in the face with a rolled up towel while calling me stupid and then telling me to shower since I smell, so I guess you could say that the romance never died.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I couldn't meet someone in person, I could never approach someone for a date, let alone not knowing whether they were looking for a relationship or not.
    Online dating is 'easier' and can be reasonably sure everyone I talk to is looking for a relationship

Hello, as some of you may know, there is a new store in town called the Potporium and I would like to petition the town council to force it to change its name.

I went in thinking that it would be a store selling lovely perfumey bundles of flower petals and instead it was just full of dank weeds.

Were these weeds sticky and/or icky? Show me on this chart exactly how kind they gave the impression of being.

vmn6rftb232b.png
    Belruel wrote: »

Were these weeds sticky and/or icky? Show me on this chart exactly how kind they gave the impression of being.

I would like to request that council person Belruel recuse herself from questioning me on these matters.

In the past I have made requests and statements regarding the projected profits from the Spooky Halloween Stickybun Bakesale, the use of slug mucus-based adhesives for informational displays and presentations and Garbage/Recycling Day schedules. Every time she has asked about "sticky and/or ickiness" and required use of a chart.

It is these sorts of rote responses that erode the trust and interest in local government.

I would like to request that council person Belruel recuse herself from questioning me on these matters.

In the past I have made requests and statements regarding the projected profits from the Spooky Halloween Stickybun Bakesale, the use of slug mucus-based adhesives for informational displays and presentations and Garbage/Recycling Day schedules. Every time she has asked about "sticky and/or ickiness" and required use of a chart.

It is these sorts of rote responses that erode the trust and interest in local government.

Recuse.... recuse myself?

I AM THE COUNCIL! and you, cityfolk ChicoBlue, will answer the question, and you will use the chart in the answering. You will indicate the appropriate section of the chart using the pointing stick sitting to your right. Yes obviously the one with the hamburger shaped eraser attached to the end.

Will the stenographer please read back the question.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    so my friend has come to me with a conundumdurmrum

he's had a work best friend/work wife for the several years he's been working at this place. He like, realized in the shower that he might actually be in love with her, so he stopped mid shower to call me and tell me

"call me back when you have pants on, I can just tell you don't have pants on."

he got some Pam and... Joe? Tim? those guys from An Office, he's got that mood goin'

and I'm just like "cool, you guys are super close, it might work out. Tell her and hope it doesn't make it weird. Maybe have a new job lined up, just in case."

I'm so good at giving romance advice

but my own romance is like I grabbed the wheel and now I'm plowing through a corn field of misplaced affection, screaming

As long as neither of them have hiring or firing power over the other, the workplace is not the worst place to find romantic partners. But yeah, they should have an exit strategy in case either of them turns out to be the kind of person who can't deal with a breakup in a professional manner.

Dating a coworker is complicated, but it's not like the odds of successfully dating anyone else without negative consequences is just super great out there.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    I have never stopped mid-shower to tell anyone anything.

I was in the shower during a thunderstorm recently and the power went out and I did not stop showering.

You can threaten to electrocute me all you want, I'm not leaving with a half-washed ass.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

I was in the shower during a thunderstorm recently and the power went out and I did not stop showering.

You can threaten to electrocute me all you want, I'm not leaving with a half-washed ass.

I could tell. He sounded wet and dirty on the phone, like a mattress in an alley.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Online dating is ever so depressing though
    As you parade though the profiles and in the vain chance you get a reply. I know women get gross messages a lot which is a whole other problem.

It's so daunting to even try

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Oh it occurs to me a lot of people who maybe weren't in the US with access to mid 2000's infomercials might have no fucking clue what Floam is so here

https://youtu.be/OwiAbiGP0xA

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

I could tell. He sounded wet and dirty on the phone, like a mattress in an alley.

This is some fuckin’ poetry right heah.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

Has no one yet posted this
    latest?cb=20100902024835

poo
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    So I sometimes hear that I’m like an insanely private person. And I always find it bizarre because I feel like an open book.

Anyways my brother got hit by a car today (he’s fine for the heads up)

My friends response was “you have a fucking brother?!? You seem like such an only child”

So maybe I’m more private than I thought

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    you have a brother???

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

We’re you, at any point in time, moved to the involuntary utterance of

“Ooh-wee”?

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    It’s complicated. He’s actually my cousin biologically speaking. But his parents passed when we were very young and basically lived with me the entirety of my childhood and teen years. So we see each other as brothers.

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.