As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't talk to me until I've had my [Podcast]

19596979899101»

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    can't decide if today's Waypoint Radio is the most self-indulgent thing they've ever done

Not sure if it tops the dozen hours of Pride & Prejudice content, but it's close

I'm new to Waypoint, do you happen to know the episode numbers for these so I can go back for a listen? I am 100% on board for that

It was in a now deprecated feed, but behold

https://www.vice.com/en_us/topic/pride-and-prejudice

Thank you! I am looking forward to this to an unreasonable degree-- my mom watched that particular BBC version SO MANY TIMES when I was younger, it's basically burned into my brain.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    honestly at this point if you tell me that any given tech start-up has ties to the alt-right I'm just gonna shrug and go "yeah that seems about right"

I'm exhausted

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Rich Energy having a Scooby-Doo style chase to get access to their own Twitter account back from this guy

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Richard Energy is a loose cannon

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Richard Energy is a loose cannon

Now this Richard Energy fellow, would you describe him as a small man? Or is he on the larger side?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I find celery to be the perfect vessel for nearly any dip. It's not quite flavorless, but it has a very versatile flavor that pairs favorably with a wide variety of other flavors

I like celery, but the celery I get up here started becoming really bitter, so I stopped eating it, which is a bummer as it was the vegetable I'd be most likely to eat as a snack.
    In my experience if you have a sharp-flavored celery, it was likely allowed to grow a bit too long before harvesting. This can be solved by cutting off the end and sticking it in a cup of mild sugar water for about 20 minutes. (the water technique is also a good way to firm up celery that has started to wilt)

This is probably the most important bit of advice I have ever received on the internet.

Celery is one of those things that contains a foul tasting compound only some people can taste, so for some people it's going to be gross no matter how you prepare it

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I did not know that, huh

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Cilantro is an ever present threat to me for those reasons

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I really feel bad for people with the cilantro thing

I dont know how you eat any Asian or Mexican food!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I really feel bad for people with the cilantro thing

I dont know how you eat any Asian or Mexican food!
    Ask for no cilantro and pray they listen

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Cilantro is coriander yeah? I love coriander.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Yeah in the us coriander is ground, dried powder, cilantro is when it's in the herb form

I've been watching a lot of SortedFood and my favorite UK term that we dont use here is Aubergine for Eggplant

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    God this Waypoint Radio kicks ass, we're working hard to turn this in to a PbP ASAP

• Options

Yeah in the us coriander is ground, dried powder, cilantro is when it's in the herb form

I've been watching a lot of SortedFood and my favorite UK term that we dont use here is Aubergine for Eggplant

The etymology for aubergine is interesting

Whereas eggplant was coined in English, most of the diverse other European names for the plant derive from the Arabic word bāḏinjān (Arabic: باذنجان‎).[23] Bāḏinjān is itself a loan-word in Arabic, whose earliest traceable origins lie in the Dravidian languages.

All the aubergine-type names have the same origin, in the Dravidian languages. Modern descendants of this ancient Dravidian word include Malayalam vaṟutina and Tamil vaṟutuṇai.

The Dravidian word was borrowed into the Indic languages, giving ancient forms such as Sanskrit and Pali vātiṅ-gaṇa (alongside Sanskrit vātigama) and Prakrit vāiṃaṇa. According to the entry brinjal in the Oxford English Dictionary, the Sanskrit word vātin-gāna denoted 'the class (that removes) the wind-disorder (windy humour)': that is, vātin-gāna came to be the name for egg-plants because they were thought to cure flatulence.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Here, Coriander is the seed, Cilantro is the leaf, both from the same plant. Cilantro can be fresh, dried, or ground, while Coriander I've only been able to find dried or ground.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Celery is delicious it's like peppery crunch-water

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Celery is delicious it's like peppery crunch-water

Peppery??

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    I don't have any weird condition, I think think cilantro is gross and overpowers any other flavors in a dish

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    more mexican food for me then
    hey podcast food thread I had some great guac last night, full of delicious cilantro.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wish I liked avacado

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I love Mexican food so long as it doesn't have the terrible herb in it, which is frankly a lot easier to get than y'all are making it out to be. Cilantro brings out some weird essentialism in people that I don't like.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    IMPOSSIBLE

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Part of me wonders if I have the cilantro is gross gene but just got used to the taste.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    all I know is it's supposed to taste soapy if you have it (the bad cilantro taste gene)

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i don't hate cilantro, but i do find that you only need a little bit of it to go a long way

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Essentialism? Wut

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    i don't hate cilantro, but i do find that you only need a little bit of it to go a long way

Yeah if there's a lot of large stems of it in something I'll typically separate a few of the stems out because it overwhelms.

• Options
    Essentialism? Wut

If you say you don't like it everyone just immediately assumes you've got a genetic abnormality, and acts like it must be impossible for you to eat an entire enthnogroup's food. It's annoying

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I don't think anyone here did that but ok

• Options
    I'm glad we could reach an understanding

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I find cilantro to have a very strange and overpowering soap-esque flavour which attacks my palate from the rear

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I find cilantro to have a very strange and overpowering soap-esque flavour which attacks my palate from the rear

I think you're using it wrong it doesn't go in the butt

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    uh huh
    I don't think it tastes like soap, it just doesn't taste particularly good, and yeah, it can easily overpower everything else on the plate if you use too much.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    That's why I don't like rosemary.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I stopped listening to punch up the jam because I just didn’t have podcast time for it but every time I hear the “now listen to this” bit in you make my dreams I snort laughing.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.